Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I'm personally sad to see it go, but not surprised. It is now basically the middle engine, and America doesn't do well with anything in the middle.

Do you like torque, but don't need diesel stump pulling torque? Do you like better gas mileage, but don't want to pay to get diesel gas mileage? Do you prefer not having to slow down traffic as you pull your pop-up up mountain grades at 7000 ft elevation? Do you just like a little smile on your face the many times a day you accelerate off the line with a nice boost of torque?

Well, that's foolish. Because you should either choose the simple V6 for its fewer parts to go wrong, or pony up all the way for the diesel with a lot things to go wrong. Nothing in the middle.

I find it interesting that on the Bronco thread there is so much praise for the EcoBoost engines, yet here Jeep's equivalent of the EcoBoost pretty much just gets dumped on.

I also think Jeep buyers in general aren't keen to thinking of a four cylinder as anything but a downgrade from a V6. More cylinders is always better. While Ford put a lot of money and time into marketing and iterating on its EcoBoost engines, Jeep just kind of dumped theirs into the world.

So I think Jeep has just given up trying to alter perceptions and just go with them. If buyers think the four cylinder is a base engine, then make it as cheap as possible.
I know its old post, but I had to do do it...
Bronko EcoBoost praze is because of 2.7 V6 twin turbo, it's a proven engine with high graphite iron block that can take alot more boost. More torque then Chevy 5.3L (stock), and with simple ECU tune, will give Chevy 6.2 run for its money.

Jeeps 2.0 is comparable to EcoBoost 2.0, which is just entry level standard option engine on Fords. No hipe there. Adding very insignificant torque booster that functions below 2k rpms - not cost effective and only adds to complexity/scares off more people who looking for long term ownership.

Combination of 4 cylinder turbo with milind hybrid make sense in Europe where people are not paranoid of 4 cylinder boosted engine and where higher gas prices and engine size tax makes sense - saving over short period of time (offsetting higher maintenance dow the road) .
Sponsored

Ray Pezzi

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Me, too -- but we must be in the minority. I'm getting rid of my Jeep and it turns out that the 2019 2.0 eTorque engine (which was a $1000 upcharge when I ordered it) is now a $680 DEDUCTION according to Kelley Blue Book.

Attachments

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I enjoy mine in my Recon...etorque smooths out start/stop and shifting...but with a lot of extra cost for FCA which customers are not willing to pay extra for.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Me, too -- but we must be in the minority. I'm getting rid of my Jeep and it turns out that the 2019 2.0 eTorque engine (which was a $1000 upcharge when I ordered it) is now a $680 DEDUCTION according to Kelley Blue Book.
Weird, according to NADA it adds $650 to the trade-in value.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Ditches 2.0L eTorque Mild Hybrid Engine 1609258558579

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
KBB's pricing seems like a mess. They give numerous options for you to check that I believe are standard equipment, or weren't options at all, or duplicates of the same features:
hill decent control - not even an available?
hill start assist control - not even an available?
traction control - standard
electronic stability control - standard
ABS - standard
power steering - standard
tilt & telescoping wheel - standard
am/fm stereo - standard
uconnect - standard
keyless entry/ KEYLESS-GO - duplicates?
parksensense park assist - what is this, and if was included, its with another package
backup camera - standard
dual air bags - standard
side air bags - standard
daytime running lights - standard
fog lights - standard
rollover mitigation - standard, or not available?

Yet for all those unnecessary checkboxes, they miss numerous expensive options:
dual top group
sky one touch top
limited slip differential
select-trac transfer case
advanced safety group
7" & 8.4" radio

NADA is a little better, but still has some oddities:
rollbars - this was an option?
parking aid - should that be with active safety package?
blind spot monitor - should that be with active safety package?
collision avoidance system - should that be with advanced safety package?
missing: selec-trac

And all that was just for the Sahara that I'm familiar with. Off the top of my head, neither of them offer options for painted fenders on the Rubicon.

All the ala cart options Jeep offered make it difficult for these organizations to reflect accurate pricing. Which makes it easy to get short changed when you sell or trade in your Jeep.
Sponsored