Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
I have been reading through all the posts and thought I’d give it a try on the tailgate as a start. I have a 2020 Sahara and am using a Tazer JL Mini for other options. I was able to get the parts installed very easily on the tailgate and activate passive entry on the Tazer but it is not working will I need the JScan to program? Any info would be appreciated
Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Great thread. Im going to try it on my Mojave.

can anyone thing of any reason this wont work if i just do the driverside handle? thats really the only place i care about it.

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
I don't see why you couldn't just do the drivers door. I rode around for 2 months with just the tailgate handle connected while waiting on parts.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I have been reading through all the posts and thought I’d give it a try on the tailgate as a start. I have a 2020 Sahara and am using a Tazer JL Mini for other options. I was able to get the parts installed very easily on the tailgate and activate passive entry on the Tazer but it is not working will I need the JScan to program? Any info would be appreciated
I have not used the Tazer to activate Proximity myself but others have. Have you did the “sleep cycles”?

Gregj

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not used the Tazer to activate Proximity myself but others have. Have you did the “sleep cycles”?

Gregj
I think I have done the right number of reboots and sleeps cycles but may got through that one more time to see if it helps. As I am not sure there is much else I can do at this point with the Tazer

Just went though another reboot and sleep cycle and still not working, however, I did notice that if I have the remote in. My hand and push the button on the door handle the light on the remote flashes, again nothing locks or unlocks but it seems there is some signal being sent?

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you looked in the radio settings? There will be a Proximity enable in there after you change the settings with the Tazer.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The setting is Passive entry in the doors and locks settings.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to verify, you did install the handle and the cap, right?
Gregj

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to verify, you did install the handle and the cap, right?
Gregj
Yes - I installed the handle and cap on the tailgate but that would have been something I could have done. I did go through turning it off reboot etc and back on with the Tazer option shows up and stays checked still no joy.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Just bought a 2021 rubicon, held off on the proximity keyless entry because of this post! Saw all Mopar parts as a kit now. Can you still get the parts separate or do you have to get the kit?
I can't imagine that the need for any of the inidividual parts of this keep would require someone to buy the whole kit.

Questions.....

I don't find the part number of this link https://www.mopargenuineparts.com/s...MIm9Ck-eDu7QIVQZ2GCh1pgAr-EAQYASABEgLLT_D_BwE at the official Mopar sight.

Still more, the link suggests the use of a JL Tazer in absence of getting a dealer to add the GXD sales code.

I know that the JScan app can do this but is this also a feature on the JL Tazer? And isn't this kind of stuff not officially okay by my mother FCA, as evidenced by the need to have the sales code programmed if doing it the..."right" way.

Is this some dealer just bundling the parts, adding additional markup and nothing more?

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My thought is I need the JScan. I ordered the security bypass and scanner and will give that a try. One question is should I unmarry the Tazer then use JScan to enable then remarry the Tazer or can I just attach and program with the JScan as is and then reconnect the Tazer?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My thought is I need the JScan. I ordered the security bypass and scanner and will give that a try. One question is should I unmarry the Tazer then use JScan to enable then remarry the Tazer or can I just attach and program with the JScan as is and then reconnect the Tazer?
Interesting question as the Tazer reads and stores the BCM configuration when you marry it and returns to stock when you un-marry it. Are you using the “Live” functions in the Tazer? I bought a Tazer to make some changes but never used the Live functions and after using the JScan app I just un-married the Tazer and have it in the box.

Gregj

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting question as the Tazer reads and stores the BCM configuration when you marry it and returns to stock when you un-marry it. Are you using the “Live” functions in the Tazer? I bought a Tazer to make some changes but never used the Live functions and after using the JScan app I just un-married the Tazer and have it in the box.

Gregj
I do use the winch mode but that’s the main live option. Might be the JScan could do all the other things I need. Front camera & aux switches

ryanladd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S 2DR
I just did this on my Rubicon 30 minutes ago. Tailgate only and used my Tazer to enable Proximity. Performed a reboot of Tazer and it worked perfect! I have proximity at the tailgate. Now I need to find parts for the doors.
Sponsored