One year

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
awesome and congrats. Mine just passed its 2 year birthday last week at 37k miles also a manual. Mine is not a daily driver, but, has been from va to michigan, va to kentucky, va to SC and Atlanta. and the longest trip in one day Va to Orlando area. I definitely agree, the seats get hard after a while. Mine has been fairly trouble free other then one thing caused by me, and a couple recalls. Being my first Jeep i wasnt sure what to expect. I love the soft top with my alien sunshade. Definitely love having the windows tinted. Finally figuring out the apple car play. (im slow) lol. Its definitely not as peppy as my 05 GTO was, but, its a different kind of fun. Like big kid in the candy store splashing thru puddles kind of fun. I usually travel with my mini me. Hes 11, he loves the jeep and loves to travel. I think the coolest thing is Jeep people seem to be a more relaxed and friendly breed. My favorite part, there is NO end to the customization you can do to a Jeep, which i absolutely love. As far as the person that asked about the clutch, coming from the GTO which was somewhat stiff, to the jeep which is like a wet sponge, i hate the clutch. Hopefully later this year i am going to upgrade it to a Centerforce, i do love driving a manual though and this one is no different.

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear it....... Colbys ready to lend a hand.

Jeep Wrangler JL One year 41103DAB-FDA7-4B2C-A9C7-6747D8587980
Colby!! Awesome!!! Colby’s welcome to come over and help! And omg that outfit is too adorable

Sponsored

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
awesome and congrats. Mine just passed its 2 year birthday last week at 37k miles also a manual. Mine is not a daily driver, but, has been from va to michigan, va to kentucky, va to SC and Atlanta. and the longest trip in one day Va to Orlando area. I definitely agree, the seats get hard after a while. Mine has been fairly trouble free other then one thing caused by me, and a couple recalls. Being my first Jeep i wasnt sure what to expect. I love the soft top with my alien sunshade. Definitely love having the windows tinted. Finally figuring out the apple car play. (im slow) lol. Its definitely not as peppy as my 05 GTO was, but, its a different kind of fun. Like big kid in the candy store splashing thru puddles kind of fun. I usually travel with my mini me. Hes 11, he loves the jeep and loves to travel. I think the coolest thing is Jeep people seem to be a more relaxed and friendly breed. My favorite part, there is NO end to the customization you can do to a Jeep, which i absolutely love. As far as the person that asked about the clutch, coming from the GTO which was somewhat stiff, to the jeep which is like a wet sponge, i hate the clutch. Hopefully later this year i am going to upgrade it to a Centerforce, i do love driving a manual though and this one is no different.
Thanks!! Those sound like some fun road trips for you also!! Not bad miles for you and with those trips. It does help not having it as a daily driver, which mine is. Then again who am I kidding, even if I had another vehicle to use as a daily, I’d still take the Jeep. Haha. I know what you mean about not knowing what to expect. This is my first jeep also! Glad to hear yours has been going strong and steady also!! Hope it stays that way. It definitely is a difference driving those two vehicles but fun in different ways. Glad you’re having a blast customizing yours. There’s sooooooo many options. It never ends. Haha so awesome your mini me is being trained right. He’ll be ready for his when he’s older. My cousins daughter (who is 5) loves jeeps. She has one of those small toy powered owns. And was upset when she realized hers doesn’t have a wheel on the back so she made her dad put one on hers to look like mine. Haha
I’m also considering going to the centerforce clutch at some point. Still waiting for them to figure out some of the little issues they have going on. I’ve heard it’s much better than ours. Glad you’re having a blast in yours!!

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
37K miles in a year? How is that even possible?!
That’s what I keep asking myself. Haha. But doing the math I typically average about 25k/year. This year I had 5 trips to Texas and a trip to Utah. Not counting the twice a month off road trips I do usually. Haha. It adds up.

milesjj_20

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
That’s what I keep asking myself. Haha. But doing the math I typically average about 25k/year. This year I had 5 trips to Texas and a trip to Utah. Not counting the twice a month off road trips I do usually. Haha. It adds up.
No kidding! I once went on a 4000 mile road trip up to Seattle and I thought that was a lot! Of course, the car was a loaner while mine was getting worked on at the shop, but that 4000 felt like 40k, lol. It was so long!!

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No kidding! I once went on a 4000 mile road trip up to Seattle and I thought that was a lot! Of course, the car was a loaner while mine was getting worked on at the shop, but that 4000 felt like 40k, lol. It was so long!!
Wow that is a long trip!! I bet it did feel like 40!

Doug Huse

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, Fire Cracker Red, 2019 Winnie M/H, Kia
Just curious. Have you needed a winch in the past year? I was going to put one on, but some long time wheeler friends of mine convinced me that because of the extra weight on the front end, and all the other Jeepers that have winches, I didn't need one. And, they've been right so far. Also, are there any beaches near Phoenix?

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
After a year and a half, 15,000 miles I’m happy to add my Jeep’s only had minor problems (rivot broke on Sky One and harness plugs wore out from removing doors often). Both situations my dealership took care of at no cost.
I too have the manual trans and have had no clutch problems.
it’s still a treat every time I use my Jeep.

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious. Have you needed a winch in the past year? I was going to put one on, but some long time wheeler friends of mine convinced me that because of the extra weight on the front end, and all the other Jeepers that have winches, I didn't need one. And, they've been right so far. Also, are there any beaches near Phoenix?
I have not needed a winch so far. I do go off roading pretty regularly but I don’t do the crazy trails where I may get stuck. I stick to moderate usually. I’m not ready to get my Jeep all beat up yet haha. Even though, like your friend said, everyone else I go with usually has a winch so worst case someone is there to help out if needed. No beaches close to Phoenix but we do have sand in the washes. I grew up in Texas on the beaches so introduced my Jeep to them before I moved here...the sand here just isn’t the same...(longing for the ocean views)
A winch is on my list b/c I do like to go exploring on my own and would rather have the security but definitely not something you have to have if others also have it. Just my two cents.
Sponsored