Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport Lift - wheels/tires needed immediately?

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Hey @From0toJ , you'll need someone to help you with getting the steering wheel straight...basically to watch the wheel, to tell you if you're moving it in the correct direction and when to stop.

First, you're steering wheel may not be off that much with this lift. If it is, move your Jeep to a place where you can pull in/park it with the wheels/tires as straight as possible (moving it around won't cause any issues, warning lights, etc.) I can't recall if it's a 13 or 15mm wrench to loosen the drag link bolt, then turn the knuckle next to it while another person watches the steering wheel. Take it for a drive to see how it works out...you may have to repeat to get it dialed in where you'd like it to be. As long as it's close to centered, you shouldn't get any traction control lights. Make sure you torque down the bolt when you're done, before you take it for a test drive.

Below are a couple threads from a quick google search and there are videos you can fine as well that may be helpful.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...drag-link-to-straighten-steering-wheel.11473/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/alignment-post-rubicon-lift-unstallation.6486/
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
^^^ Now that you reminded me, my steering wheel was off quite a bit after this install. I didn’t have anyone around at the time to help me straighten it so I drove it like that. I did get warning lights. I don’t remember for sure what it was, I think it was traction control. Possibly multiple ones. They went away after I got the wheel straightened.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
^^^ Now that you reminded me, my steering wheel was off quite a bit after this install. I didn’t have anyone around at the time to help me straighten it so I drove it like that. I did get warning lights. I don’t remember for sure what it was, I think it was traction control. Possibly multiple ones. They went away after I got the wheel straightened.
Not only that but it'll try to engage stability control - mine did. Even with TC switched off, it didn't matter. I could feel the ABS pump working through the pedal sometimes

Anyway - as to above - it's a 15mm wrench and there's no "knuckle" involved but there is a sleeve. It's easy to do alone with some trial and error - I've centered plenty of steering wheels solo.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
EDBD2C7D-8C5F-4754-80A1-0E44A89E8236.jpeg
Still stock wheels here. I think it looks good. Still going 35 if I can ever pick a rim and tire I want.

Last edited:

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
EDBD2C7D-8C5F-4754-80A1-0E44A89E8236.jpeg
Still stock wheels here. I think it looks good. Still going 35 if I can ever pick a rim and tire I want.
Actually I changed my mind and decided that these 33's are plenty big. I'm old school and still have in my mind that 31 is a big tire. I have lighter tires and wheels this way too. And I can lift them. I am going to swith from KO2s though. Duratracs or Wildpeaks I think. I have Synergy wheel spacers on but may remove them and get the tires back under the fenders. Still living the Dynatrac lift. I think the two inches is perfect.

Sponsored

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
Actually I changed my mind and decided that these 33's are plenty big. I'm old school and still have in my mind that 31 is a big tire. I have lighter tires and wheels this way too. And I can lift them. I am going to swith from KO2s though. Duratracs or Wildpeaks I think. I have Synergy wheel spacers on but may remove them and get the tires back under the fenders. Still living the Dynatrac lift. I think the two inches is perfect.
Looks nice. Also have a Rubicon but with a winch. Considering this lift as well. How does it ride compared to stock and have you wheeled it after doing the upgrade? Did you notice any difference in handling and clearance?

SamUSA

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Morning all - forgive me for this question - after much research, I have decided (albeit 1.5 years later) on a lift kit for Wruby, and it will be the Enduro kit. Based on cost, and the fact that everyone has their thresholds, I know that if I got the kit, plus the wheels and tires I really want, it will be an almost $5k total proposition. :( So, I am hoping that I can do these things in steps or segments.

So the question is - can I go ahead and install the Enduro kit and punt on the new/bigger wheels and tires till later? Other than aesthetics (it would probably look stupid... ugh...), are there any detrimental effects to running the stock wheels and tires on my Sahara, while I wait till maybe Xmas/bday for my wife to get me my 35's and new wheels?

Thanks.

edit: Would I have to get an alignment after the lift install even if using stock wheels and tires, and then get another alignment yet again once I do get the wheels and tires?
Morning all - forgive me for this question - after much research, I have decided (albeit 1.5 years later) on a lift kit for Wruby, and it will be the Enduro kit. Based on cost, and the fact that everyone has their thresholds, I know that if I got the kit, plus the wheels and tires I really want, it will be an almost $5k total proposition. :( So, I am hoping that I can do these things in steps or segments.

So the question is - can I go ahead and install the Enduro kit and punt on the new/bigger wheels and tires till later? Other than aesthetics (it would probably look stupid... ugh...), are there any detrimental effects to running the stock wheels and tires on my Sahara, while I wait till maybe Xmas/bday for my wife to get me my 35's and new wheels?

Thanks.

edit: Would I have to get an alignment after the lift install even if using stock wheels and tires, and then get another alignment yet again once I do get the wheels and tires?
Here is my Sport S with the Enduro sport Dynatrac lift, It has been a year since the installation and It has been great! By the way no alignment needed.

IMG_8673.jpg

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Looks nice. Also have a Rubicon but with a winch. Considering this lift as well. How does it ride compared to stock and have you wheeled it after doing the upgrade? Did you notice any difference in handling and clearance?
I have considerable mileage and hard trail use with the DT lift on my Rubicon. Have 35" MT tires (had 35" KO2's before and also ran a little with the stock wheels/tires prior). Noticed a more controlled ride over OEM. No other components and no adjustments made since it is such a mild lift. Have Rock Hard aluminum bumpers and Warn Zeon-10s winch. Still right at 2". So that with the larger tires is netting me approx +3" and yes it is a noticeable benefit on the trails.

No complaints - no sins of sagging or degradation. It was either this one or the AEV (which I have on our JK and love it).

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Well, i have since upsized to Duratrac 35s on AEV wheels. I would say on road it is at least as good as stock and the shocks are great. I have had it offroad in Pennsylvania four times. Did intermediate level with some rock crawling PA style and it was great. Zero rubbing issues and plenty of articulation for what I did. He used me for demo
Jeep Wrangler JL Dynatrac EnduroSport Lift - wheels/tires needed immediately? 625444F4-D61F-43A0-8A46-B9B68FE961B0

darylgordon

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
I’ve had the Dynatrac lift on my Rubicon since April 2020. I have the factory steel bumpers and a Warn winch. I also added Core 4x4 front control arms and a Steer Smart track bar. With the stock wheels and tires, it rode and drove better than the stock suspension. Once I added the added weight of 35” tires and aftermarket wheels, it’s close to stock but not as smooth. That said, I wouldn’t go back.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
You still riding the enduro lift? do you like it bro?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my Sport S with the Enduro sport Dynatrac lift, It has been a year since the installation and It has been great! By the way no alignment needed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dynatrac EnduroSport Lift - wheels/tires needed immediately? 625444F4-D61F-43A0-8A46-B9B68FE961B0
You still on this lift? I'm considering it now for my sport..Do you think the kit really needs track bars and LCA? Or is that just something can be added later...

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You still riding the enduro lift? do you like it bro?
No, I swapped it out for the MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5” a little while back. I liked it when I had it. I changed to get something taller with more articulation for harder off-roading and to accommodate bigger tires.

JL_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
Occupation
Computer Geek
I really am enjoying the Dynatrac lift. I did install both front and rear track bars and the longer Mopar control arms. It rides great, but gave me a bit more lift than I expected and now I have a devil on one shoulder whispering 37s... I have attached a photo to show the amount of lift on a 2 door with 35s.

20210327_140840.jpg

DrBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
I really am enjoying the Dynatrac lift. I did install both front and rear track bars and the longer Mopar control arms. It rides great, but gave me a bit more lift than I expected and now I have a devil on one shoulder whispering 37s... I have attached a photo to show the amount of lift on a 2 door with 35s.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dynatrac EnduroSport Lift - wheels/tires needed immediately? 20210327_140840
Looks nice. Which bumper is that? Love the nice clean lines.
Sponsored