First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Bummer, op. Just be careful and protect your interests. hopefully they do the right thing. If not, get a lawyer.

Most states only allow (by law) police to exceed the speed limit by a certain amount while running code. None of them follow this, of course. Dont let them tell you they decide where its fixed or what it will cost. You want the body damage repaired by the shop recommended by your ins co and dealer; the mechanicals inspected by the dealer; and you want to be compensated for the loss in vehicle value.

be careful in speaking to any reviewer or investigator. They may try to weasel out of it by trying to cite you or put you at fault for not yielding right of way to an emergency vehicle, dont let them even try to go down that road. If you get questions like “when did you see the vehicle” or similar, that’s what they are trying to do.

good luck. Glad you weren’t hurt.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
All true. Especially talking to anyone. Remember cops can lie cheat and steal anything, any way if it is in the name of entrapping you and deflecting from government fault. You on the other hand must be a true blue upstanding boy scout or risk imprisonment.

Only talk to your lawyer. Make sure he has his fees included in the settlement.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
All true. Especially talking to anyone. Remember cops can lie cheat and steal anything, any way if it is in the name of entrapping you and deflecting from government fault. You on the other hand must be a true blue upstanding boy scout or risk imprisonment.

Only talk to your lawyer. Make sure he has his fees included in the settlement.
this.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
this. Never, ever, ever trust a cop. Ever.
Yea, keeping to traffic, i had a fender bender a while back. It was rainy at a traffic circle. Guy in front of me went. I looked to my left, all clear and went also. Just in time to turn my head and see the idiot stopped in the circle because there was a car waiting to pull in. Bonk. Busted a tail light on idiots car. Busted a turn signal on my truck.

Cop arrives. I figure oh well. It was my fault as I bonked the guy from behind. I have insurance and it was minor. I tell the cop what happened. Figure i will get a warning or failure to yield right of way or something. My insurance will fix his tail light.

Nope. Reckless Driving. No traffic charge in VA, a class 1 misdemeanor.

Should have shut up and let cop figure it out on his own. Lawyer, court, whole shebang. Got it reduced to improper driving traffic ticket.

Don't trust the cop.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Yea, keeping to traffic, i had a fender bender a while back. It was rainy at a traffic circle. Guy in front of me went. I looked to my left, all clear and went also. Just in time to turn my head and see the idiot stopped in the circle because there was a car waiting to pull in. Bonk. Busted a tail light on idiots car. Busted a turn signal on my truck.

Cop arrives. I figure oh well. It was my fault as I bonked the guy from behind. I have insurance and it was minor. I tell the cop what happened. Figure i will get a warning or failure to yield right of way or something. My insurance will fix his tail light.

Nope. Reckless Driving. No traffic charge in VA, a class 1 misdemeanor.

Should have shut up and let cop figure it out on his own. Lawyer, court, whole shebang. Got it reduced to improper driving traffic ticket.

Don't trust the cop.
yeah. stuff like that happens all the time, and Virginia is really really bad about it. Probably needs to be a separate thread, but you cannot trust the police. They aren’t there to keep you safe. They aren’t there to help people. They’re there to enforce what they’re told to enforce and keep their sergeant’s stat book full. If they can stretch it from traffic to Misdemeanor, they get a criminal stat instead of traffic. If they can stretch it from misdemeanor to felony, that’s more points too.

”risk” is anything that jeopardizes your safety, freedom, or resources. Police fall into a rare category that threatens all of them simultaneously. Im not saying to be hostile; just be aware of what your exposure is and mitigate it accordingly. they arent there to be your friend. Be polite, courteous, and professional. Do not be trusting.

Sponsored

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
i am sure they will do the correct thing.

But, cops hauling ass in bad conditions ....it happens too much.
I see police “inciting“ poor road behavior regularly here. No turn signals, weaving in and out of lanes, etc. They are oblivious to other poor drivers too. And people wonder why others have poor habits. I wish we could eliminate traffic police and install cameras to replace them. Unfortunately that’s the only solution to combat poor drivers. Well other than me pulling out my pistol and resolving it myself.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I see police “inciting“ poor road behavior regularly here. No turn signals, weaving in and out of lanes, etc. They are oblivious to other poor drivers too. And people wonder why others have poor habits. I wish we could eliminate traffic police and install cameras to replace them. Unfortunately that’s the only solution to combat poor drivers. Well other than me pulling out my pistol and resolving it myself.
In my metro area. I see two issues.

Hauling ass w lights on, then cutting once their through an intersection. Sure there is a legit reason for this...however, i see it nearly daily. When I see it near the substation at shift change....

lights on, 60+, school zone to hell-to catch up with the mom on her phone doing 3 over on the other side of a mile long zone.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
that presents its own set of unfavorable issues

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
In my metro area. I see two issues.

Hauling ass w lights on, then cutting once their through an intersection. Sure there is a legit reason for this...however, i see it nearly daily. When I see it near the substation at shift change....

lights on, 60+, school zone to hell-to catch up with the mom on her phone doing 3 over on the other side of a mile long zone.
i love that. John and Susie Q Public cruising down the highway at 70-75 in a 65; and Officer Fife merges right into the fast lane at 30 and nearly gets rear ended by Steve Q Public, then accelerates to 110+ while weaving traffic, to write John and Susie a ticket and lecture them about how they were putting people at risk with their speed. While Ofc Fife is writing the ticket, Ofc Law Dog pulls up and walks a canine around the car. Then John gets arrested for having a gun locked in a box in the trunk- but because he left bullets in the magazine and he is from out of state, he catches a unlawful weapon charge. Meanwhile, Officer Rotund pulls over and cites Steve Q. Public for reckless driving for failing to yield to an emergency vehicle and almost rear ended Officer Fife who pulled out into traffic. When Officer Fife weaved traffic, Mark Q Public had to swerve to avoid getting hit and clipped Mary Q Public, causing 2 lanes of the interstate to get shut down. Trooper High and Tight shows up, writes Mark a bunch of tickets and makes him at fault for the crash, and now Mary is suing Mark for personal injury.

while all this is happening, one woman is waiting on the line with 911 for a cop to become available because her ex boyfriend that she has an ex parte against for beating her up 2 weeks ago is drunk and back at the house Yelling at the house and beating on the front door. The neighborhood over had 3 home burglaries this morning after people went to work. up the interstate through the targeted enforcement zone; 4 mule vehicles successfully moved a cumulative 40 kilos of heroine and fentanyl undetected. The local drug dealer who is a multi time convicted felon has a gun stolen from a burglary in his waistband, but even though Emily Q Public has called the police multiple times, they “cant do anything” because they didnt observe local drug dealer do anything, and the other officers are “busy with an incident on the interstate”. Later that afternoon, Officers Sally and Johnnie law set up a radar trap in the neighborhood after the community complains about speeding and drag racers at night. They write 27 citations to multiple people coming home from work and soccer practice for 5mph over speed limit, seat belt violations, failure to use a turn signal, and “california stops”. Later that night the drag racers come back and roll down the street at 90mph+ and doing burn outs in the school parking lot. The precinct Captain can’t understand why she “doesnt have the community’s support like they used to”.

Officer Fife and Officer Law Dog then head to the bar after shift to brag to chicks they see hanging around about how hard they are, eye fuck the patrons in the bar, then drive home drunk. Officer Next County Over pulls them over, but lets them drive home anyway on account of courtesy. They then demand their discount at lunch the next day because they’re heroes. Officer’s Law Dog and Fife then get “officer of the month” for getting a gun collar in the “targeted enforcement zone”, and now John Q Public has been fired from his job and will likely default on his mortgage, on account of a felony gun charge.

had Officers Fife, Law Dog, and Rotund done absolutely nothing, everyone would have been better off.

Last edited:

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
yeah. stuff like that happens all the time, and Virginia is really really bad about it. Probably needs to be a separate thread, but you cannot trust the police. They aren’t there to keep you safe. They aren’t there to help people. They’re there to enforce what they’re told to enforce and keep their sergeant’s stat book full. If they can stretch it from traffic to Misdemeanor, they get a criminal stat instead of traffic. If they can stretch it from misdemeanor to felony, that’s more points too.

”risk” is anything that jeopardizes your safety, freedom, or resources. Police fall into a rare category that threatens all of them simultaneously. Im not saying to be hostile; just be aware of what your exposure is and mitigate it accordingly. they arent there to be your friend. Be polite, courteous, and professional. Do not be trusting.
Pretty accusatory regarding police. But when you need one you'll be the first person to call one and hope he'll protect you.

What a lousy attitude and terrible that you judge all cops in a bad light.

Are you also leading a "defund the police" effort in your area?

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Pretty accusatory regarding police. But when you need one you'll be the first person to call one and hope he'll protect you.

I take responsibility for my own safety and encourage and teach others to do the same. The police have no legal duty to protect you, and thats been held up in courts more than once. No one is coming to save you.

a lot of people found out the hard way during these protests/riots that the police may or may not come when you call 911, or worse arrest you for defending your home. My post was sarcastic, dramatic, and hyperbolic- but ive personally seen each and every example i listed.

hopefully for the Op, the officer, supervisor, and department in question just do the right thing and he can be made whole. Luckily no one was hurt.

Last edited:

blwest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TLX, 2021 JLUR (on order)
Hire a lawyer. The government will do everything in their power for you to make this right on your own. Happened to a co worker who was “too nice”.

edit: I fully support the police and law enforcement. Bureaucrats, not so much.

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase

I agree with you Charlie, people want to trash the police or defund the police without even realizing what society would be like if we had no police.
It’d be like The Walking Dead without the zombies. Guys like Neegan just taking your wife, belongings, life.
You can drive freely and safely from coast to coast thanks to police. It’s amazing to me people don’t see this.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque

ok, this is a load of bullshit.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.