Willys Edition JL Club Thread

GCHouston

First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys Edition
On the Willys it’s is. I am very happy with the alpine system on my 2021. My 2019 stock stereo sucked.
I agree that the Alpine system is the way to go. My Willys came with the Alpine Sound System too. It seems to be a specific option added, though. Still working out the best balance for being bass heavy while maintaining balanced mids and highs.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
the Alpine Speaker option was a specific option i picked when i ordered my Willys; was not cheap.
i'm not particularly impressed with the sound out of it, nor did i expect to be.
i expect to find that not all the speakers are wired in phase when i get around to checking it, and that i will be updating the drivers with something of higher quality.

what did i get out of it? the speaker locations and the wiring all done.

much like the rest of a J**p, i expected to get something that wouldn't be exactly what i wanted for what i wanted to do with it, but rather a platform on which to build that which was best suited for what i want to do with it.

I agree that the Alpine system is the way to go. My Willys came with the Alpine Sound System too. It seems to be a specific option added, though. Still working out the best balance for being bass heavy while maintaining balanced mids and highs.

GCHouston

First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys Edition
the Alpine Speaker option was a specific option i picked when i ordered my Willys; was not cheap.
i'm not particularly impressed with the sound out of it, nor did i expect to be.
i expect to find that not all the speakers are wired in phase when i get around to checking it, and that i will be updating the drivers with something of higher quality.

what did i get out of it? the speaker locations and the wiring all done.

much like the rest of a J**p, i expected to get something that wouldn't be exactly what i wanted for what i wanted to do with it, but rather a platform on which to build that which was best suited for what i want to do with it.

Yeah, the Alpine does seem to be missing something. I have a good balance currently, but something is still missing in the audio spectrum. You may be right that the best option is to upgrade the speakers. I'll entertain that down the road. Hopefully, you post updates regarding your audio setup. If so, then I look forward to seeing what you are able to get out of yours!

Sponsored

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thanks for following up. The "premium audio" was what confused me. Also on the Jeep website the Alpine audio option isn't selected when you choose the Sun & Sound package making me think it wasn't included. We have an appointment this afternoon to order our Jeep. I'm still trying decide on
Yes. I thought maybe it was too good of a deal to include everything 🤔 . This will be my first Jeep and only my 2nd new car ever. I'm pretty excited. Now just have to decide on a color.
It’s a great deal! The website doesn’t always have the correct info for options/pricing. There is a “code” chart somewhere on this site that shows what is included in different packages. The Sun and Sound includes the $1,000+ Alpine system on the Willys in addition to the 8.4 even though the website shows the alpine system it as a separate option when building it.

The_Armed_Gardener

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Willys 2021 2D, Subaru, Ford Ranger, Aluminum Jet Pump Sled
Occupation
Transit Authority Paratransit Operator
So I have had my 2021 Willys for a couple of weeks or so. I finally got to run over some logs, through mud, up some hills and I zig zagged through the woods on a stormy day. That 2 door makes nice tight turns. Life is good, even on the shortest day of the year in the middle of a storm. : )

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 20201221_111732 (2)

Duluth Diesel

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy’s Sport
So I have had my 2021 Willys for a couple of weeks or so. I finally got to run over some logs, through mud, up some hills and I zig zagged through the woods on a stormy day. That 2 door makes nice tight turns. Life is good, even on the shortest day of the year in the middle of a storm. : )

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 20201221_111732 (2)
I did the same thing yesterday in our nearby National Forest.

8A85741C-11D3-485C-A98F-4D8A754AC119.jpeg
F5E42F4E-34AA-4FDF-BE0A-2451A1F03610.jpeg
99D36914-6FBE-46CE-833F-3E84525E26AC.jpeg

Sponsored

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Willys
Just rolled over 1,000 miles on my 21' Willys. Was waiting to get it the way I like it to post pics. Had a 20' Sahara that unfortunately turned out to be a lemon so FCA bought it back and picked up the Willys instead. Love the LSD rear end and one touch top and masculine look on this one.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread IMG_6050.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 62689056894__ABE9C75B-29F4-403D-92D9-6236EC925619.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread IMG_4986
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread IMG_4980
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread IMG_5108
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread IMG_5109
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread IMG_4973

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Just rolled over 1,000 miles on my 21' Willys. Was waiting to get it the way I like it to post pics. Had a 20' Sahara that unfortunately turned out to be a lemon so FCA bought it back and picked up the Willys instead. Love the LSD rear end and one touch top and masculine look on this one.
Looks amazing! Debating a between a sting gray 2 door or 4 door with the one touch just like yours. 2 doors I'd go manual but for some reason I feel 4 door with the one touch is too "premium" to get a manual. Anymore photos of the interior? Was curious how the tan looks against sting.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Willys
Looks amazing! Debating a between a sting gray 2 door or 4 door with the one touch just like yours. 2 doors I'd go manual but for some reason I feel 4 door with the one touch is too "premium" to get a manual. Anymore photos of the interior? Was curious how the tan looks against sting.
Thank you! I think Sting Gray is best color in the line up right now...get it you won’t regret it. I don’t have any more photos right now but I’ll get some more and post. We added aftermarket Katskinz leather and it is the “camel” color. I think the color looks excellent with the Sting Gray.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Thank you! I think Sting Gray is best color in the line up right now...get it you won’t regret it. I don’t have any more photos right now but I’ll get some more and post. We added aftermarket Katskinz leather and it is the “camel” color. I think the color looks excellent with the Sting Gray.
Ah was going to say looked like leather. You like the one touch? Is it almost as much opening space as a soft top / hard top removal? Or much smaller thinner

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Willys
Ah was going to say looked like leather. You like the one touch? Is it almost as much opening space as a soft top / hard top removal? Or much smaller thinner
One touch is aaamazing. Had a hardtop on the Sarah we had which you can’t beat for less road noise, better security, better comfort and better looks (when off) in my opinion BUT the convenience of one touch wins over all the better aspects listed above. We had a very difficult time deciding on the Willys which top to go with, we took a chance and have no regrets whatsoever. A little less space as soft top when opened and you can’t remove the back glass but you can remove rear side glass which is kinda cool. Being able to go topless at the touch of a button makes for more way more top off time then we were able to do before. It feels like all the other negatives against it were outweighed by this ability.
Sponsored