David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it is just the way the photos process the light, but I think while not as bright, the OEM actually illuminates more of the area behind the jeep and actually gives a better perspective and peripheral view.

@Yellowssm what is your "in person" review? I wasn't able to watch the video (yet) so perhaps you addressed the differences.

Thanks for posting such a thorough set of photos.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Oracle reverse led upgrade installed. Here’s a video I made oracle vs OEM vs Baja designs S2 Pro I already had mounted.

7225D1A3-193A-4501-BE5C-6E802693EAC5.jpeg
I like your wheel chocks. I should use my dumbbells for this as well as they don’t otherwise see much use. ;)

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
@Rock Hopper someone with a better understanding of this will surely correct me. But it looks like the camera sensor is having to correct for the higher intensity of light being put out above the stock setup. So it loses the darker areas. But I'm sure that there is a lot more light visible to the naked eye.

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Maybe it is just the way the photos process the light, but I think while not as bright, the OEM actually illuminates more of the area behind the jeep and actually gives a better perspective and peripheral view.

@Yellowssm what is your "in person" review? I wasn't able to watch the video (yet) so perhaps you addressed the differences.

Thanks for posting such a thorough set of photos.
OEM SUCK end of story. Watch the vid when you have time but both are upgrades and the video shows all views so you can see for yourself. If I could only have one I’d take my Baja S2 since I use it as a chase light too when driving in dusty conditions. These 2 pics are from before I added the oracles, oem only (basically just red light), and Baja designs. TONS more light!

52C19242-920E-4EB3-8B01-B6B91AA4E978.jpeg

82A0D5D5-F640-403F-8C07-BBD7CCDB1C91.jpeg

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
@Rock Hopper someone with a better understanding of this will surely correct me. But it looks like the camera sensor is having to correct for the higher intensity of light being put out above the stock setup. So it loses the darker areas. But I'm sure that there is a lot more light visible to the naked eye.
yes a lot more light, and a lot easier to see when backing up especially with my poor vision.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
@jeepingib, I was thinking the same thing.

That presents my quandary-the aftermarket LEDs probably shed more light if you are standing behind the jeep, but if the goal is to illuminate the area so that you have better visibility through the backup camera, the outcome may be worse, not better. Just my .02

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
OEM SUCK end of story. Watch the vid when you have time but both are upgrades and the video shows all views so you can see for yourself. If I could only have one I’d take my Baja S2 since I use it as a chase light too when driving in dusty conditions. These 2 pics are from before I added the oracles, oem only (basically just red light), and Baja designs. TONS more light!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 82A0D5D5-F640-403F-8C07-BBD7CCDB1C91

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 82A0D5D5-F640-403F-8C07-BBD7CCDB1C91
Yellowssm, I will watch the video when I am back on my computer. I hope you understand I am only going off the photos you posted. When looking at the ones you posted from the perspective of viewing through the backup camera, it "appears" more of the surrounding area is illuminated. This becomes important to me, since 99 percent of the time I am backing up, I am looking through the camera and don't have the advantage of a spotter. Trust me when I say, I drove a Fire Engine for a living (30 yrs) and understand the importance of good back up lighting when backing up with limited visibility.

On that note, I appreciate you sharing your firsthand findings, photos and thoughts.

Thanks again.

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
Was washing the jeep today and saw this. Upsetting considering I haven’t even hit 2 months on it yet. :mad:

Will be ordering some touch up I guess to hide it some. It’s also ceramic coated but must of been a nice size rock hit.

On a positive note, my Tazer JL showed up in the mail today. It’s now under the tree until tomorrow. Can’t wait!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8FD4B3A4-EFAA-4344-907E-21A8E525B3AF
I have not yet installed, but really need to do so.., check out this link for some decent protection after you get it touched up... Sorry, that stinks., but those hinges seem to be easy targets....

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diy-door-hinge-protection-film.7765/

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase

azredzone

First Name
Terrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Installed the Oracle cargo light today. I managed to route the wire under the factory cover that holds the wiper wires, so it’s all hidden. I also ordered a set of deutch connectors and a switch so that I can hard-wire it and turn off the lighted switches on the cargo light. Surprised that Oracle didn’t add the ability to turn them off.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4B29FE80-44B1-4DE6-A0D2-6456F7475370
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 51F38E60-8F2B-46E8-B2C2-F49F0E87FDB5