Sponsored

eLECTRICON

Who gives an ISH!!! Its too late for the environment!! That's why were going to settle on mars. We'll probable screw that up too! In the mean time I'm gonna tear ish up with my new Jeep 4xe!!!!!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Pricing announced for 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe and Sahara 4xe il_1140xN.2313942278_az0r
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

H2O2

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xE Sahara
I wonder if FCA has looked at the Carbon taxes/fines or all other expenses related to the fact they didn't provide a jeep in hybrid and then suddenly realised that even if they sell them at low prices, they are still getting ahead of the game by not having to pay all those environment taxes, fines and/or fees and in the end they're winning by introducing the first hybrid 4x4 and reducing their overhead costs from those taxes etc.

not sure how its gonna translate into Canadian prices on my end, but I'm sure happy to see its not indicated so far at 70k like some speculations earlier.

Subscribed...:D
Canadian prices are $54,995 for Sahara and $59,995 for Rubicon. Both eligible for the $8000 QC rebate. Sahara is eligible for $1500 BC rebate. Sahara 4xE is being advertised by FCA Canada as costing only $495 more than equivalent equipped gazoline model and Rubicon only $2570 more. Sahara 4xE gives you 20 inches wheels and Dana44 HD wide and color match hard top and fender for $495. I think we can say thanks to the BC rebate they obviously wanted to qualify for. It also looks obvious to me that FCA wants all Sahara to be mostly 4xE configured from now to make room for the 392 in the lineup.

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Easy killer, we’re just having a conversation.
You’re right. You did say “Better for the environment”. My bad.
That statement is also not true if you are talking about the entire environment, not just green house gasses and such.
Do yourself a favor and search for the environmental impact of mining for EV battery materials. Or don’t. Have a Merry Christmas.
How about provide all this evidence you have? I would be happy to read, but I doubt you have anything. I am always open to learn, take solar panels for example. There is a huge issue with being able to recycle these once they need replaced, so not exactly as green as some want you to believe. If your only point is mining is bad for that piece of land, congratulations you make a valid point. However the "EVs are worse than ICE for the environment" argument has been repeatedly disproved and you even posted an article to disprove it.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Just read that the gas tank is 17.2 gallons. They've stated 'almost 400 mile range'.
So let's call it 395 mile range, minus the 25 all-electric miles = 370 miles.
370/17.2 gal = 21.5mpg. For a system putting out the numbers they claim, that's pretty good.
Looking forward to seeing real world tests, including the Ike -

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
While there is an environmental debate going on, I'm guessing some to include me are buying it for the horsepower and torque figures and not the environmental impact.

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
While there is an environmental debate going on, I'm guessing some to include me are buying it for the horsepower and torque figures and not the environmental impact.
That’s what got my attention - particularly if it works out cheaper with the rebate.

Interesting most are comparing the 2.0L with the hybrid. I was comparing the 3.8L which has a $1500 premium I think. So makes even more sense!

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Maybe we should go back to riding horses, at least they were bulletproof........oh wait, that’s how you got rid of them when they had a flat.

Never mind.

Deleted member 53226

I am a big fan of this new Jeep 4xe, but I wanted to let folks know the 7500 federal tax credit (often called a "rebate") everyone talks about as such a great incentive to buy an EV is not really what a lot of people think it is, at least my understanding of it. For example, you hear "rebate" or "credit" and figure, great that means they take off 7500 on that 49K Jeep and its basically a wash between a $49K EV and regular gas $42K powered Jeep. .

Well... of course it never that simple. In reality, as I understand it, this not a pure rebate/credit on the purchase. Instead, you get a 7500 tax credit on your yearly income taxes. So, that is something, but not really a dollar for dollar deduction at the time of sale. At best this is going to shave off 7500 from your yearly adjusted gross income for tax purposes. That may not have much effect at all on your overall tax bill, or maybe give you a bit more in your tax refund check from Uncle Sam. For instance, I am not rich by any means but a 7500 credit on mine and my wife's income at the end of the year might net us a few hundred or maybe a grand back as a refund check.

The 4xe will still cost you whatever the MSRP and your negotiating skills result in at the the dealership that day. The rebate/credit has no bearing at all.

I think it has been very disingenuous for the likes of Tesla, and now the big automakers to market the 7500 tax credit as rebate, and state it makes the EV cheaper than the gas vehicle in many cases. That is just untrue and a sleight of hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I am a big fan of this new Jeep 4xe, but I wanted to let folks now the 7500 rebate is not really what a lot of people think it is, at least my understanding of it. For example, you hear "rebate" and figure, great that means they take off 7500 on that 49K Jeep and its basically a wash.

Well... of course it never that simple. In reality, as I understand it, this not a pure rebate. Instead, you get a 7500 tax credit on your yearly income taxes. So, that is something, but not really a dollar for dollar deduction at the time of sale. So, its at best going to shave off 7500 from your adjusted cross income for tax purposes. That may not have much effect at all on your tax bill, or give you a small check from Uncle Sam. The 4xe will still cost you whatever the MSRP and your negotiating skills result in at the the dealership that day. The rebate has no bearing at all.
Pretty much all of what you said is wrong. Read the thread or do some research. It’s a $7500 tax credit, not a $7500 deduction. It’s will have exactly a $7500 impact on most peoples’ “tax bills”.

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I am a big fan of this new Jeep 4xe, but I wanted to let folks know the 7500 federal tax credit (often called a "rebate") everyone talk about as such a great incentive to buy an EV is not really what a lot of people think it is, at least my understanding of it. For example, you hear "rebate" or "credit" and figure, great that means they take off 7500 on that 49K Jeep and its basically a wash between a $49K EV and regular gas $42K powered Jeep. .

Well... of course it never that simple. In reality, as I understand it, this not a pure rebate/credit on the purchase. Instead, you get a 7500 tax credit on your yearly income taxes. So, that is something, but not really a dollar for dollar deduction at the time of sale. So, it's at best going to shave off 7500 from your yearly adjusted cross income for tax purposes. That may not have much effect at all on your overall tax bill, or maybe give you a bit more in your tax refund check from Uncle Sam. The 4xe will still cost you whatever the MSRP and your negotiating skills result in at the the dealership that day. The rebate/credit has no bearing at all.
It has already been explained, but it is a tax credit that reduces your tax liability by $7500. So if you file your taxes and have an overall liability of $10k and paid $8k through your deductions; instead of owing $2k, you would get $5,500 back when filing

Sponsored

Littlej2455

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Just read that the gas tank is 17.2 gallons. They've stated 'almost 400 mile range'.
So let's call it 395 mile range, minus the 25 all-electric miles = 370 miles.
370/17.2 gal = 21.5mpg. For a system putting out the numbers they claim, that's pretty good.
Looking forward to seeing real world tests, including the Ike -
I have a question about these numbers and maybe this is me just not understanding how a PHEV operates. But the 21.5mgp you stated would be assuming your are not using any of the battery? Wouldn’t the battery recharge itself during breaking and coasting to improve this number drastically? I could be totally wrong though.

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I have a question about these numbers and maybe this is me just not understanding how a PHEV operates. But the 21.5mgp you stated would be assuming your are not using any of the battery? Wouldn’t the battery recharge itself during breaking and coasting to improve this number drastically? I could be totally wrong though.
Yes the battery will recharge as you go, of course that depends on the type of driving you are doing. There should be three modes; all electric, all gas, and hybrid mode.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I think there are 2 modes for charging the battery as you drive, one less aggressive the other charges more. Either one will detract from your efficiency to one degree or another, it’s not a perpetual motion machine ;-). If there was Any way Jeep could have squeezed 400 mile range out of the system you know they would have posted that number.

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
I need to do more research, but is this the same system that FCA is using on the Pacifica?

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I need to do more research, but is this the same system that FCA is using on the Pacifica?
From what I have read it is the second generation of that system. I am not sure what the difference is
Sponsored