Sponsored

Anyone else interested in a GENESIS DUAL BATTERY KIT for their 3.0 Diesel?

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I contacted Shane and asked him if he thought his current offering would work with the new diesel. And if not I asked he not leave us compression ignition folks hanging!

His response put me mostly at ease. I say mostly because if I had my way I'd have his dual battery kit sitting here at the house waiting on our JLURD's arrival.

Hopefully he doesn't mind my sharing his response.....
From the early pictures I’ve seen, it looks like they completely redesigned the battery compartment area on the diesel version. It will require a completely new battery tray design. I appreciate the support! Stay tuned, I’ll see what I can come up with!
I guess I could be putting the cart before the horse here as at this rate maybe we won't see our rigs until spring time. I might freak out a bit if it takes until summer :surprised:
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I contacted Shane and asked him if he thought his current offering would work with the new diesel. And if not I asked he not leave us compression ignition folks hanging!

His response put me mostly at ease. I say mostly because if I had my way I'd have his dual battery kit sitting here at the house waiting on our JLURD's arrival.

I guess I could be putting the cart before the horse here as at this rate maybe we won't see our rigs until spring time. I might freak out a bit if it takes until summer :surprised:
Same boat with snorkels man. The aftermarket won’t have caught up to this rig until 2021 easy. At least the gladiator will expand the demand for these parts with the same engine bay.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
I had a Genesis Offroad dual battery kit in my JK and I loved it. It's a really high-quality accessory that takes a lot of the pain out of installing a low-voltage self-isolating battery. Fit, finish, function - all are top-notch. Definitely in my list of top 5 mods.

It was one of the first things I added to my build list for my JL. But then I started reading more about the dual battery system that's already in the JLs. If I understand correctly, the smaller (motorcycle sized) battery that's beneath the main battery is automatically isolated if the system voltage below a certain threshold. Basically - it's the dual battery system I was after for my JK.

I really don't want to pull business away from Genesis Offroad. I can't emphasize how pleased I was with their product, and I encourage my JK buddies to look into their systems. But if you're not having issues with your batteries (and I know some folks are), I just don't think they're necessary for the JLs. That said, if you're having ESS issues or battery failure issues, the Genesis Offroad kit is the first (and only) place I'd go for a solution.

I'll look for some links to info about the JL dual battery system and edit this post when I find them.

Last edited:

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I to would like to have this in the garage for weekend 1 install. Already have the bumper, winch, CB, and Vector bar waiting. Debating an spod or build my own system. Ditto on the snorkel.

Sponsored

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
I guess I should caveat my first post... If they come out with one for the diesel, I'll probably get one anyway. It's just not as high on my list this time. But, if I start having some of the problems that other folks are having with their batteries, then it's gonna move up to the top of my list instantly.

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
Old thread revival.... any updates on this?

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting patiently.

ArielPR

First Name
Zed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD

âś‹

Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
They posted a video about common questions. This was question #2. A diesel version is in the works.

It will be one of the first mods I install.

OP
OP
Compression-Ignition

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
They posted a video about common questions. This was question #2. A diesel version is in the works.

It will be one of the first mods I install.
Good to hear. I just checked my emails, I had contacted him again, and as of Oct. 30th 2020 there was no plans to get the dual battery kit going for the 3.0L.

I must not be the only squeaky wheel looking for some grease.....

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I had a Genesis Offroad dual battery kit in my JK and I loved it. It's a really high-quality accessory that takes a lot of the pain out of installing a low-voltage self-isolating battery. Fit, finish, function - all are top-notch. Definitely in my list of top 5 mods.

It was one of the first things I added to my build list for my JL. But then I started reading more about the dual battery system that's already in the JLs. If I understand correctly, the smaller (motorcycle sized) battery that's beneath the main battery is automatically isolated if the system voltage below a certain threshold. Basically - it's the dual battery system I was after for my JK.

I really don't want to pull business away from Genesis Offroad. I can't emphasize how pleased I was with their product, and I encourage my JK buddies to look into their systems. But if you're not having issues with your batteries (and I know some folks are), I just don't think they're necessary for the JLs. That said, if you're having ESS issues or battery failure issues, the Genesis Offroad kit is the first (and only) place I'd go for a solution.

I'll look for some links to info about the JL dual battery system and edit this post when I find them.
are you saying powering a fridge, for example, can be done as adequately with the stock dual battery system as the Genesis dual battery system? That seems hard to believe.
Sponsored