We're less than a year from off-lease, used JL's showing up at the dealers

DirtRoad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
So I have a kid who will be old enough to drive in a little over a year and keeps hinting about a Jeep. I would really like to find a decent TJ to do a light restoration on over the next year but haven't had much luck with that so far. For no good reason I looked at the local Jeep dealer's site and saw all the used 2017's on their lot. It occurred to me that those are the Jeeps coming back off their 3-year leases. Still pretty expensive for a kid's first vehicle so I probably won't go this way but I realized sometime next year all those 3-year leased 2018 JL's are coming.
Sponsored

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a kid who will be old enough to drive in a little over a year and keeps hinting about a Jeep. I would really like to find a decent TJ to do a light restoration on over the next year but haven't had much luck with that so far. For no good reason I looked at the local Jeep dealer's site and saw all the used 2017's on their lot. It occurred to me that those are the Jeeps coming back off their 3-year leases. Still pretty expensive for a kid's first vehicle so I probably won't go this way but I realized sometime next year all those 3-year leased 2018 JL's are coming.
Get him a 3.8 JK, no speeding tickets.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
A JK around 2012 or 2013 can be had for relatively cheap through private party(16-20k depending) and is really close to a JL if he upgrades down the line. It's nice, practical and old enough to not really care if he beats the hell out of it(not to mention it's a Jeep). Great first vehicle.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
What’s your budget?
These are all in your area
Jeep Wrangler JL We're less than a year from off-lease, used JL's showing up at the dealers B9CECF5F-379E-4439-8C47-0F6A927BC7B3
Jeep Wrangler JL We're less than a year from off-lease, used JL's showing up at the dealers CF5F67B7-1205-4D79-936A-3B75F43D38DC
Jeep Wrangler JL We're less than a year from off-lease, used JL's showing up at the dealers 0E948018-75DE-458D-A7C2-837F5F4FD19E
Jeep Wrangler JL We're less than a year from off-lease, used JL's showing up at the dealers 70C2A51A-BDC9-4AA3-B179-03EB4BF0DAAE

Sponsored

OP
OP

DirtRoad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
What’s your budget?
These are all in your area
Thanks, I've been just casually looking for one here in Vegas and not in a huge hurry. Just haven't seen a deal I can't pass up yet. Might have to expand the search out a little farther. What app are you using there? I couldn't tell.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Thanks, I've been just casually looking for one here in Vegas and not in a huge hurry. Just haven't seen a deal I can't pass up yet. Might have to expand the search out a little farther. What app are you using there? I couldn't tell.
cars.com

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
I have a TJ that I am thinking about selling. It is a 2005 Rocky Mountain Edition. I am in North East San Diego County, worked in Las Vegas the last 10 months of my aviation career. Let me know if you would like the details.

IMG_2383.JPG

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
If I could have found a decent TJ with low miles and a frame that was not rusted out for a realistic price, I would not have gotten the JL.

If you are really looking, get a borescope camera from Amazon that hooks to your phone and look inside the frame rails. I love my TJ and still have it. I am just sick of the rust.
Sponsored