Walmart Toyo open country m/t price mistake

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
Would these 285/70R/17 tires fit on my stock 2020 Sport wheels?
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Oh my gawd!!!!! You actually did a calculation justifying your risk taking???? Do you EVEN need those wheels??? What is wrong with you?

You guys are all crazy!!! Buy things that you NEED and not because it is mispriced you greedy doofus :LOL:

Life is a zero sum game and I have a feeling that all your orders are going to be canceled OR you will get one of those Amazon packages from China filled with some plant seeds! Lets hope that you dont lose money along the way!!! Those listings look pretty shady. Are you sure those tires are safe?? You dont want it to explode in your face on your first drive using the tires!!

I dont know if its COVID that is making you peeps to behave like this or many of you have been sniffing gloo all your life!

Y'all nuts and bananas!!
Only buy what you need? Did you need a jeep? Did I need the 37's that are on it? Has anybody ever needed to buy stocks? There's a lot to be said for buying something because you want to. If there's even an inkling of a chance it will cost Walmart thousands of dollars, even better. They have a history of abusive dealings with everyone from workers trying to unionize to suppliers being bullied into lowering their prices. They are currently being sued for their role in the opioid crisis by the federal government. I hope the guy who ordered 100 tires gets his ~$45k worth of tires for under $1,000. If it doesn't pan out, so be it.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
We who bought these should all meet next year and do the rubicon trail with our WalMart tires.

Call it the "2021 PerTara Rubicon Jamboree!"

Only the people who bought and received these tires can come.

Sounds great!! Mine just came in. They seem a little small for 37s but I’ve heard that not all tire manufacturers make their tires true to size.
Anyways, see you next year!

Jeep Wrangler JL Walmart Toyo open country m/t price mistake 06E96863-B6B8-46F5-A15D-6861764C860B

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Sounds great!! Mine just came in. They seem a little small for 37s but I’ve heard that not all tire manufacturers make their tires true to size.
Anyways, see you next year!

Jeep Wrangler JL Walmart Toyo open country m/t price mistake 06E96863-B6B8-46F5-A15D-6861764C860B
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Literally laughing my ass off!!!! Best Post of the thread!!!!

See you next year at the PerTera Jamboree!!!!:CWL:

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I wonder if these tires would fall under false advertising?

Im already working out my threats to WM in the event they don’t just cave and exchange whatever the hell i actually receive for the Toyo’s I ordered...

They have advertised them on their website for a certain price. I bought them for that price.

I feel like they should be literally obligated to exchange for the correct item - or I will threaten to sue them for false advertising. You can’t just advertise something for a low low price and then people order it and your like - “oh my bad. That wasn’t a real price. Order canceled.”

Bullshit. I ordered an item for a price. Fill my order which was legally placed on YOUR WEBSITE at the price you advertised this item for.

If they do not like that they shouldn’t have website errors, and can easily make me go away by “making my purchase right”. With my 2 sets of 37” Toyo’s

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Only buy what you need? Did you need a jeep? Did I need the 37's that are on it? Has anybody ever needed to buy stocks? There's a lot to be said for buying something because you want to. If there's even an inkling of a chance it will cost Walmart thousands of dollars, even better. They have a history of abusive dealings with everyone from workers trying to unionize to suppliers being bullied into lowering their prices. They are currently being sued for their role in the opioid crisis by the federal government. I hope the guy who ordered 100 tires gets his ~$45k worth of tires for under $1,000. If it doesn't pan out, so be it.
Whoa whoa whoaaaaaa!!! Calm down!! I do need and want a Jeep. But I a buying a Jeep because I have intention to buy a Jeep as my ride. Your comparison of my Jeep to this frenzy buying of tires because it is cheap or mispriced are totally off based and unwarranted.

However there are no need to get all political! Granted - there are gonna be a lot of people who don't like Amazon or Walmart because they are too big or anything - but yes Walmart has seen its better day when Sam Walton was alive - but still they did not managed to sell their stuff lower only because they were bullying their supplier or preventing union from forming. Supplier does NOT need to sell to them and believe me no supplier will bulk of their products if they are incurring losses. As for unionization - I DO think that any bad company should be punished by getting a union - but not all union are necessary a good thing. I live close to NYC - look what the union such as MTA did to the city? Many suffered because of some selfish interest of few top union officers. However you also forget that Walmart have a network of amazing logistic and they utilizes technology in delivering goods - along with efficient planning and inventory of goods which significantly lower the delivery cost of the product. And these cost savings were transferred to the customer. Especially people with lower income.

However Mr. Social Justice Warrior - you have right to feel free not to shop at Walmart but justifying that it is okay to stock up a warehouse of tires due to gross mistakes in pricing(whether you intend to sell it - hello there are cost in maintaining inventories and what if no one wants to buy your tires because NOT everyone that have Jeeps want to buy a Toyo tires) just to spite the the big stores, then I don't think that you are in sync with many of the people here. I am sure that many here are tickled at the prices because they were crazy low (which could be a mistake) but I am sure that not many here said that - whoaaaa here is an opportunity to politically SCREW Walmart - lets do it.

I do hope that people that ordered these tires get their tires, and I also HOPE that these tires meets their expectation. Just like others that are joking around, I am just jumping into the fray just to joke around with my fellow Jeepers on this particular subject matter. :like:

Last edited:
OP
OP
OceanBlueDolphins

OceanBlueDolphins

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I wonder if these tires would fall under false advertising?

Im already working out my threats to WM in the event they don’t just cave and exchange whatever the hell i actually receive for the Toyo’s I ordered...

They have advertised them on their website for a certain price. I bought them for that price.

I feel like they should be literally obligated to exchange for the correct item - or I will threaten to sue them for false advertising.

If they do not like that they shouldn’t have website errors, and can easily make me go away by “making my purchase right”. With my 2 sets of 37” Toyo’s
you will get a refund and a $10 gift card for the inconvenience. I should have mentioned that I’ve experienced other price errors on Walmart and this is what they’ve done in the past. Still worth a shot but don’t waste to much time on this

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Whoa whoa whoaaaaaa!!! Calm down!! I do need and want a Jeep. But I a buying a Jeep because I have intention to buy a Jeep as my ride. Your comparison of my Jeep to this frenzy buying of tires because it is cheap or mispriced are totally off based and unwarranted.

However there are no need to get all political! Granted - there are gonna be a lot of people who don't like Amazon or Walmart because they are too big or anything - but yes Walmart has seen its better day when Sam Walton was alive - but still they did not managed to sell their stuff lower only because they were bullying their supplier or preventing union from forming. Supplier does NOT need to sell to them and believe me no supplier will bulk of their products if they are incurring losses. As for unionization - I DO think that any bad company should be punished by getting a union - but not all union are necessary a good thing. I live close to NYC - look what the union such as MTA did to the city? Many suffered because of some selfish interest of few top union officers. However you also forget that Walmart have a network of amazing logistic and they utilizes technology in delivering goods - along with efficient planning and inventory of goods which significantly lower the delivery cost of the product. And these cost savings were transferred to the customer. Especially people with lower income.

However Mr. Social Justice Warrior - you have right now to feel free not to shop at Walmart but justifying that it is okay to stock up a warehouse of tires due to gross mistakes in pricing(whether you intend to sell it - hello there are cost in maintaining inventories and what if no one wants to buy your tires because NOT everyone that have Jeeps want to buy a Toyo tires) just to spite the the big stores, then I don't think that you are in sync with many of the people here. I am sure that many here are tickled at the prices because they were crazy low (which could be a mistake) but I am sure that not many here said that - whoaaaa here is an opportunity to politically SCREW Walmart - lets do it.

I do hope that people that ordered these tires get their tires, and I also HOPE that these tires meets their expectation. Just like others that are joking around, I am just jumping into the fray just to joke around with my fellow Jeepers on this particular subject matter. :like:
I didn’t read your whole post.

But if most people feel like I do about this:

A) Walmart won’t miss the money or be affected by it

B) I’ve dumped so much money into my Jeep it would be sweet to get a tiny fraction of that back on selling some tires

C) Damn those are cheap as hell and way better than what I have - ordered!

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
you will get a refund and a $10 gift card for the inconvenience. I should have mentioned that I’ve experienced other price errors on Walmart and this is what they’ve done in the past. Still worth a shot but don’t waste to much time on this
Damn.

Well I’m still going to give it the ole college try -but won’t hold my breath...

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
There really is no "false advertising" claim anymore.
Basically yes, Walmart CAN catch the error before items ship and/or before money is exchanged and simply cancel the order(s) with an apology.
The only way they can be held more accountable than that is if it is shown that they intentionally listed the price lower than they intended simply to lock you in to buying the product then change the price and ask you for more money in order to get the product you thought you paid for. More or less there needs to be shown intent to mislead the buyer for some secondary gain of the seller.
If no items or money are exchanged, they can cancel orders due to pricing errors with no penalty.