Walmart Toyo open country m/t price mistake

303StingGray

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy 2dr
I m very curious also since I just got a notice the 275/75/70 are in stock to order for 7 bucks each. 38 bucks out the door. I might order and use PayPal in case of issues.
Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
HOLEY SMOKELICIOUS!!!

I thought that Jordan @Blessissoul12 was kidding with his $7.07 tires and oil BUT I just checked your link ON WALMART site and he was not kidding!!!!

1608649591177.png

Dudeeeeeee someone is gonna get coal for christmas!!! Please don't cry ugly whether you are a guy, a gal, or whatever $hit pronouns that you are using. Life is good. Always look at the silver lining!

cryugly.gif
unnamed.gif
3a2cf15463f94115-.gif

Happy Holidays!! Fa la la la la LAAAA LA LA LAAAAA!!! :beer:
Yup. Now how many sets you gonna order???
I’ve got 8 of the 37’s ordered lol

not 8 sets just 8 tires...

And my Jeep takes 40” x R17 hahaha

Last edited:

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
The gull - don’t they know I could get a whole set of 5 from Wally World for less than $36. How dumb to they think we are???
The irony in some of the posts in this thread is amazing. ;)

Later,
Johnny

mr187

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Law enforcement
So...my two cents on this. It boils down to risk and reward. I am willing to risk $50 to possibly, not holding my breath, get the tires. If I don't then, then I will return them to Walmart. Worst case scenario I loose my $50 bucks.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
$40 out the door for +$1,800 in tires is well worth the risk. Again this “purchase” is made through Walmart. They will refund the money if the 3rd party doesn’t deliver. There’s literally no risk. I don’t have or want 20” wheels, but I’ll make someone a hell of a deal on tires if they show up(and still make $1,000 for my efforts). Having spent ~$4k on tires this year, 37x12.50r17 Yokohama X-mt’s for the Jeep and 35x12.50r17 grabbers for my truck, I’m more than happy to possibly make some money on tires.

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Here's my read on what's going on - someone at Walmart's on-line side plugged in a wrong "reference" number for the tire, and mixed it up with one of the $7 items at Tara's Garden, who obviously does not sell tires. When you go to the Walmart tire section, the tires are showing there, but they are also the only tires from a non-traditional tire seller.

Tara's likely doesn't even have a clue this is going on and might even see the orders as a completely different item, or maybe sees some problem and has notified Walmart. As this happened over the weekend, they may figure this out today. I'm almost certain there's zero risk to anyone who placed an order of not getting their money back but at the same time also think Walmart is likely to come back and say sorry. Then again, for PR purposes they may honor this mistake and swallow the price difference. Interesting to see what happens with all the folks who placed orders.

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I also place an order for 8 tires.. I see no downsides besides maybe wasting some time. The best scenario is that we get what is advertise smallest possibility. Most likely is they realize the mistake and cancel the order and refund your money. If that happens you can invest some time with customer service and most likely end up with a gift card with a little time invested. I recently bought a set of 38' Milestar from Walmart and had them ship to their tire department for install. The tire department gave me some bs excuse that they could not install them, because they were to big for their equipment. I called customer service and I ended up with a gift car for $100.00. I paid $110.00 at a local tire shop. So I basically got the install for $10.00.

Sponsored

MT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
I was bored. 37x12.5x20 (no, I don’t have 20’s😁) have a max of 3 now. What the hell, why not. I even got free shipping! Go figure.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
$40 out the door for +$1,800 in tires is well worth the risk. Again this “purchase” is made through Walmart. They will refund the money if the 3rd party doesn’t deliver. There’s literally no risk. I don’t have or want 20” wheels, but I’ll make someone a hell of a deal on tires if they show up(and still make $1,000 for my efforts). Having spent ~$4k on tires this year, 37x12.50r17 Yokohama X-mt’s for the Jeep and 35x12.50r17 grabbers for my truck, I’m more than happy to possibly make some money on tires.
Oh my gawd!!!!! You actually did a calculation justifying your risk taking???? Do you EVEN need those wheels??? What is wrong with you?

You guys are all crazy!!! Buy things that you NEED and not because it is mispriced you greedy doofus :LOL:

Life is a zero sum game and I have a feeling that all your orders are going to be canceled OR you will get one of those Amazon packages from China filled with some plant seeds! Lets hope that you dont lose money along the way!!! Those listings look pretty shady. Are you sure those tires are safe?? You dont want it to explode in your face on your first drive using the tires!!

I dont know if its COVID that is making you peeps to behave like this or many of you have been sniffing gloo all your life!

Y'all nuts and bananas!!

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
I recently bought a set of 38' Milestar from Walmart and had them ship to their tire department for install. The tire department gave me some bs excuse that they could not install them, because they were to big for their equipment.
They are definitely too big for their equipment. Didn’t know they made the Milestars that big.