First Name
Jean-Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Anyone have an opinion on this strategy? I want put 35's on my JL rubicon 2-dr, with -6 offset wheels that I picked out. It looks really borderline whether they will rub or not, but consensus looks like the neg offset will cause a little rub when fully articulated. However the pics of the 2" lift kits out there make the 35's look kind of small to my eye, and I'm looking to minimize the change to handling. I'm going for a modestly more aggressive look (I like the slightly wider stance from the wheels), but not ready to go to 37s to sort of "fill up" that 2" lift. Also with my 2dr I know I don't need to lift as much due to the shorter wheelbase.

Just an inch might cure that rub, so I'm thinking I'll go ahead and put the wheels/tires on, take it off-road, and if I get a little rub I'll go for a spacer lift kit, like this: https://www.extremeterrain.com/teraflex-15-performance-spacer-lift-kit-2018-jeep-jl-2-door.html (or even a 1" spacer if they sell one)

This is my first jeep. Anything wrong with this idea?
Hello: I just did a 2" Rusty's Performance lift with 35" on 17" wheels, Bilstein B6 4600 shocks, and Synergy sector shaft brace. See photo. Jeep now handles precisely whereas before if wondered. My suggestion is to visit a Jeep tuner that can guide you with the right build for your needs.

Also, visit https://www.wheel-size.com/ if you have not already done so.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Rubicon on 35s no lift IMG_1367.JPG
Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
I wanted to keep mine low and run 35’s. Diesel models sit level from factory. I added 3/4” spacer after winch install to level it. With 35’s on stock wheels I’m getting a little rub on driver rear inner fender liner where it bulges over fuel filler tube. Really no big deal but I ordered 3/4” rear spacer and 1.5” for front to replace existing 3/4”. Will report back after install.

7BB7AB21-F807-4668-AE3D-D7E8FAE0FF6C.png

33387F64-BEA4-4DCB-8DF4-45B636DABDF5.jpeg

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is at full stuff

dave_p

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2-Door
Hello: I just did a 2" Rusty's Performance lift with 35" on 17" wheels, Bilstein B6 4600 shocks, and Synergy sector shaft brace. See photo. Jeep now handles precisely whereas before if wondered. My suggestion is to visit a Jeep tuner that can guide you with the right build for your needs.

Also, visit https://www.wheel-size.com/ if you have not already done so.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Rubicon on 35s no lift 33387F64-BEA4-4DCB-8DF4-45B636DABDF5
I gotta take back my comment about 35's looking small with 2" lift - your jeep looks perfect - I think you nailed it!

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I recently added Rusty's 2 inch springs and Falcon SP2 3.3 shocks on my JLUR. At first I thought the 315/70R17 BFG KO2s would look small but I'm more than pleased with how mine turned out.
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Rubicon on 35s no lift Rubicon_lifted_08

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I wanted to keep mine low and run 35’s. Diesel models sit level from factory. I added 3/4” spacer after winch install to level it. With 35’s on stock wheels I’m getting a little rub on driver rear inner fender liner where it bulges over fuel filler tube. Really no big deal but I ordered 3/4” rear spacer and 1.5” for front to replace existing 3/4”. Will report back after install.

Awesome ride! I’m about to install a 60 pound winch! Where do you order your spacers?

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR
I recently added Rusty's 2 inch springs and Falcon SP2 3.3 shocks on my JLUR. At first I thought the 315/70R17 BFG KO2s would look small but I'm more than pleased with how mine turned out.
The 315's and 2" lift look perfect on your Jeep. I just got the 315's, and am researching the lift. Did you find out what the spring rates are for Rusty's 2" springs? Their site talks about them being progressive springs, but leaves out the important details. My Jeep will eventually get heavier in the rear and I'm wondering if they would handle the weight. Thanks

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The 315's and 2" lift look perfect on your Jeep. I just got the 315's, and am researching the lift. Did you find out what the spring rates are for Rusty's 2" springs? Their site talks about them being progressive springs, but leaves out the important details. My Jeep will eventually get heavier in the rear and I'm wondering if they would handle the weight. Thanks
Here's a link to the thread that discussed spring rates. This thread was the catalyst for me going with Rusty's springs. It's buried in there somewhere, but I'd recommend reading the whole thread for the wealth of information in it.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...2-inches-options-without-going-spacers.45714/

Sponsored

Tennjeeper

First Name
Delson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2 door.
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I wanted to share thoughts/pics as I had a hard time researching the web & forums to ensure they would fit no problem without any additional MODs. I have drove it for a couple days and am more than happy. If you're considering what model to get and are looking to keep your tires 35 or under, i'd recommend the Rubicon. No need for any additional work with it coming in 4:10 gears w the Dana 44s (extra pts for details such as the hood vents) I'll caveat that for anyone who does hardcore rock crawling, not sure at full flex what the rubbing would be like, but for majority of jeep owners with daily driving & basic weekend offroading this seems perfect. I would figure any intense rock crawling wouldn't be in expensive new JL though :)

Here some pics (35x12.50x18 Kumho MT, Worx Rebel).

I love the look. Do you know what the offset or back space is. They look pretty close to the offset of a factory wheel. The 35’s really add to the aggressive look. Thanks for sharing.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s your push:)

FC3D95D1-4BF3-4D1A-8E6D-154EA123CF51.png