Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" lift - also fixed my steering issues!

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
Nope, I'm currently waiting for my tires and wheels to come in, in the meantime, I'm on the stock rubi wheels and tires,
I assume from your post you are running the Dynatrac 2" lift. Before you put bigger tires on, how did it drive...was it an improvement over stock, same...?

I have a JL rubicon as well with steel bumpers, winch, pioneer rack...and am considering getting this lift but holding off on replacing the stock 33's. Was hoping it will help improve the ride and handling both on/off road and not look strange after the lift.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Midwest22

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I assume from your post you are running the Dynatrac 2" lift. Before you put bigger tires on, how did it drive...was it an improvement over stock, same...?

I have a JL rubicon as well with steel bumpers, winch, pioneer rack...and am considering getting this lift but holding off on replacing the stock 33's. Was hoping it will help improve the ride and handling both on/off road and not look strange after the lift.
You might want to watch what Brad had to say about this and other lifts:

I had it on my Jeep for the first year then went to the Rock Krawler 3.5 with Fox 2.5 DSCs and Radflo custom bumpstops. As I have first hand knowledge of both, I agree with just about everything Brad said:

1. Dynatrac hit it out of the park with their valving and it truly is an amazing lift (even better when you toss on adjustable lower control arms and track bars)
2. His assessment of the RK 3.5 is correct in that it's probably the best lift for hardcore rock crawling. However, if you toss better shocks on it (like I have) then I think it also replaces his pick for best overall lift.

Watch that video, and possible even the first one where he assess the degree of difficulty to install each lift.

-Scott

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
You might want to watch what Brad had to say about this and other lifts:

I had it on my Jeep for the first year then went to the Rock Krawler 3.5 with Fox 2.5 DSCs and Radflo custom bumpstops. As I have first hand knowledge of both, I agree with just about everything Brad said:

1. Dynatrac hit it out of the park with their valving and it truly is an amazing lift (even better when you toss on adjustable lower control arms and track bars)
2. His assessment of the RK 3.5 is correct in that it's probably the best lift for hardcore rock crawling. However, if you toss better shocks on it (like I have) then I think it also replaces his pick for best overall lift.

Watch that video, and possible even the first one where he assess the degree of difficulty to install each lift.

-Scott
Thanks--I saw this which made me consider the DT lift even further. Your additional affirmation makes it certain now. I don't plan on doing any hard core rock Crawling so spending the extra $$ on RK is probably overkill for me.

Curious though, when you had the DT lift, did you add new control arms and track bars? Was caster and axle shift off a lot? I am also considering adding a 1/2 spacer on the front to compensate for my winch and bumper--not sure if you found it was needed. I also have a pair of adjustable lower front control arms already...debating whether I will really need new track bars.

Don

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Thanks--I saw this which made me consider the DT lift even further. Your additional affirmation makes it certain now. I don't plan on doing any hard core rock Crawling so spending the extra $$ on RK is probably overkill for me.

Curious though, when you had the DT lift, did you add new control arms and track bars? Was caster and axle shift off a lot? I am also considering adding a 1/2 spacer on the front to compensate for my winch and bumper--not sure if you found it was needed. I also have a pair of adjustable lower front control arms already...debating whether I will really need new track bars.

Don
Axles shift enough that it bothers me. I got the metalcloak track bars front and reara few months ago but our shop has been so busy I haven’t had time to work on my own.

I also did the 1/2” spacer up front. Rides great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Midwest22

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Don
While I beat up my Jeep on a regular basis, I tend to be a little anal about how it drives. I could feel that the axles were not centered mostly while turning. Therefore I decided to put Rock Krawler adjustable trackbars on front and rear. Also, up to a couple months ago I had the pos aluminum steering box so to compensate for the wandering that it induced, I had to adjust my caster to 6.5 degrees hence I added adjustable lower control arms (Rock Krawler as well). If you have the new steel steering box, you may be able to get away with the 4-4.5 degrees that the Dynatrac Eurosport will put you at and be happy with it. But, if you have the control arms already, then by all means use them (and I still suggest setting your caster to 6 - 6.5 degrees). Putting a 1/2 in spacer in is a good idea to handle the sag.

Sponsored

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
While I beat up my Jeep on a regular basis, I tend to be a little anal about how it drives. I could feel that the axles were not centered mostly while turning. Therefore I decided to put Rock Krawler adjustable trackbars on front and rear. Also, up to a couple months ago I had the pos aluminum steering box so to compensate for the wandering that it induced, I had to adjust my caster to 6.5 degrees hence I added adjustable lower control arms (Rock Krawler as well). If you have the new steel steering box, you may be able to get away with the 4-4.5 degrees that the Dynatrac Eurosport will put you at and be happy with it. But, if you have the control arms already, then by all means use them (and I still suggest setting your caster to 6 - 6.5 degrees). Putting a 1/2 in spacer in is a good idea to handle the sag.
Thanks for the advice. I ended up installing it last weekend with 1/2 inch teraflex spacer in the front. Added RC Front Adjustable lower control arms and after an alignment, my caster is about 5.7-5.9. Was at 7, but the steering was pulling. Feels pretty good now.

I have not yet decided to put on Adjustable Track bars but considering it. Thrust angle is now out but within spec at .20 degrees. I was considering adjustable front trackbar and relo brackets on the back but most manufacturers state they are for 2.5 or more inches of lift.

Did anyone do a rear relocation track bar bracket with this lift vs adjustable track bar?

OP
OP
Midwest22

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for the advice. I ended up installing it last weekend with 1/2 inch teraflex spacer in the front. Added RC Front Adjustable lower control arms and after an alignment, my caster is about 5.7-5.9. Was at 7, but the steering was pulling. Feels pretty good now.

I have not yet decided to put on Adjustable Track bars but considering it. Thrust angle is now out but within spec at .20 degrees. I was considering adjustable front trackbar and relo brackets on the back but most manufacturers state they are for 2.5 or more inches of lift.

Did anyone do a rear relocation track bar bracket with this lift vs adjustable track bar?

No need to do a relocation bracket for this lift. All you need is an adjustable track bar. You don't need a relocation bracket until you are around 3.5" of lift.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

I had just an adjustable rear track bar when I had that lift. A relocation bracket would result in the bar being too long, and you'd end up with the axle too far to the drivers side.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

does the jeep sit level without any spacers or does it still have a rake? anyone running large spacers, like 1 or 1.5", to give the lift more height?

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
does the jeep sit level without any spacers or does it still have a rake? anyone running large spacers, like 1 or 1.5", to give the lift more height?
I added 1/2 teraflex spacer to the front to accommodate for the bumper and winch. Sits pretty straight, maybe a slight rake. Better than it was but maybe 3/4" would have been better. I don't notice any significant left or right lean.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" lift - also fixed my steering issues! 2021-02-18_14-38-18 jee

Reactions: eck

Sponsored

ziggybumwah

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Camaro Z28
No on seems to have this kit in supply, everything looks like its on back order or states 30 day average shipping time. Any one else seeing the same?

JeffP

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys