i2canoe

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2021
If ordered a 2021 Wrangler Unlimited with the
Sky One-Touch™ power top and am looking for recommendations for a rack that would let me carry a canoe.
I would appreciate any insights thank you.
Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Shoot Memphis Peej a PM. He says this Rhino Rack system works great with the Sky One Touch.
Jeep Wrangler JL Roof Rack with Sky One-Touch™ power top 90CDB848-2AA4-47F2-AFC4-B9C3576948D2

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
If ordered a 2021 Wrangler Unlimited with the
Sky One-Touch™ power top and am looking for recommendations for a rack that would let me carry a canoe.
I would appreciate any insights thank you.
Hey Gerald:

Two types of racks are not usable with the power top:

* those that ride too close to the top to allow it to open--assuming you want to open the top when a rack might be attached, and

* those that wouldn't be compatible with a soft top either because they involve drilling through a hard top to stabilize themselves on interior components of the vehicle, like the sports bars.

I know that Gobi makes a version of their rack for the Power top and that LOD Offroad claims theirs to clear it, but these racks are, while excellent, at the very high end of the price range.

I might be inclined, if a canoe is the limits of your above roof carry needs, to install a front hitch and rear hitch, and two of these very capable holders:

https://darbyindustries.com/product/extend-a-truck/

In the Extend a Truck product's height being adjustable, you'll have no problem with them being higher than the power top, open or closed.

Installing a back hitch's a breeze, the front one's a little bit more work.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/installing-a-front-hitch-on-a-jl.8637/

OP
OP

i2canoe

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks BernJLUR.... could you tell me which model Rhino Rack this is please?

Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Thanks BernJLUR.... could you tell me which model Rhino Rack this is please?
Wish I could help you more. I don’t know. I just took a screenshot when I saw in the event that I ever wanted to get a rack of some kind for my Sky One Touch for SUPs or something. Here’s where I saw it - YOu can contact the person who posted it for details. Go to the last page of this thread - he states Rhino Rack with Aero Bars and provides pics but doesn’t give details.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sky-one-touch-top-roof-rack-options.22920/page-6

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Gerry:

The rain gutters are limited, if I remember correctly to 150 lbs.

Sure, I don't see your canoe being a problem, accept the need to not attach it in a way that fast driving has a tendency to lift it up in the air with any greater force.

I guess I'm trying to say that it's 150 lbs of wind lift or gravity. ;)

OP
OP

i2canoe

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wish I could help you more. I don’t know. I just took a screenshot when I saw in the event that I ever wanted to get a rack of some kind for my Sky One Touch for SUPs or something. Here’s where I saw it - YOu can contact the person who posted it for details. Go to the last page of this thread - he states Rhino Rack with Aero Bars and provides pics but doesn’t give details.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sky-one-touch-top-roof-rack-options.22920/page-6
Thank you.

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Please see my post from a few minutes ago (April 8). THULE is very close to rolling out a new 300R 8" gutter mount system for use with Aerobars or Wingbar EVO load bars (i.e., the new gen aerodynamic style of roof rack bars) on 2020 or newer JLs with Sky Touch roofs. July 2021 is the expected roll out date and I have already product tested their "beta" version. It's excellent. So stay tuned. Help is on the way from THULE. Yakima is fast asleep...
Sponsored