imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

Hahahaha! Well, guess I was wrong, it was the fuses! I went back to look for my watch that I left in the Jeep and the service manager came out and went to look at the Jeep with me and go over the fuse box again. Well, I guess, my version of seated fuses and his are totally different, cause his relays and fuses "Snapped" into place. Needless to say, I'm driving my Jeep again! No Def pump replacement! and Full months Jeep payment reimbursement via Jeep Wave on its way!
Sponsored

btrov

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sport, 2020 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Welp, Jeep is sitting at the dealer. I mentioned to the service writer about peeps who have had relay/fuse seating issues and he told me 'you can't believe anything on the internet'. I asked 'you have any Diesel Jeeps on the lot'? Silence. Gotta love peeps who think they know everything. 10 bucks says they come back and say 'EGR valve' or some other BS. One would think those FCA customer service reps that say 'we will help you' would get something out to dealerships via TIB to reseat fuses/relays and reset codes BEFORE performing any additional work. Dealerships gotta love it since they can drag things out and get paid by Corp.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Welp, Jeep is sitting at the dealer. I mentioned to the service writer about peeps who have had relay/fuse seating issues and he told me 'you can't believe anything on the internet'. I asked 'you have any Diesel Jeeps on the lot'? Silence. Gotta love peeps who think they know everything. 10 bucks says they come back and say 'EGR valve' or some other BS. One would think those FCA customer service reps that say 'we will help you' would get something out to dealerships via TIB to reseat fuses/relays and reset codes BEFORE performing any additional work. Dealerships gotta love it since they can drag things out and get paid by Corp.
Make a bet with him. Go find a random new 2020 or 2021 Wrangler on the lot. Open up the hood and check the fuses, guarantee somewhere north of 25% of the fuses and relays will need to be pushed in the rest of the way.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s your Jeep! Go to the dealer, pop the hood and reseat all your fuses until they click! I didn’t hear them click on mine, thankfully my dealer has a pretty good service manager who obliged me, lol, and then try to start it. They are not allowed to stop you.

btrov

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sport, 2020 JLU Rubicon Diesel
I seated the fuses/relays back when I originally hit the issue.
So, I got a call from the dealership. Ready? verbatim:
scanned codes p203e and p208a, redudectant (should be reductant) level sensor. DEF tank was overfilled not allowing sensor to read correctly. lowered DEF level, cleared codes and road tested

Not allowing the sensor to read correctly? WOW. Gauge did show full.
Personally, I believe clearing the codes addressed the issue since I reseated the fuses/relays prior.
Fingers crossed!
Anyone else hears about 'DEF tank too full', would be great to know!

Sponsored

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
scanned codes p203e and p208a, redudectant (should be reductant) level sensor. DEF tank was overfilled not allowing sensor to read correctly. lowered DEF level, cleared codes and road tested

Personally, I believe clearing the codes addressed the issue since I reseated the fuses/relays prior.
Fingers crossed!
glad to see your back up and running!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

Fingers crossed!
I haven't looked at mine to confirm this, but somebody over on the Ram DT side was talking about how the DEF sensor works. Apparently it's the style that reads based upon the volume of air to liquid that it detects in the tank. So it would stand to reason that if a guy overfilled the tank, essentially "drowning" the sensor, then it wouldn't read correctly and would throw a CEL.

Since DEF apparently has a shelf life anyhow, I've gotten into the habit of only filling my tank to half way each time. This lasts me a long while and I know it's not over filled.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
You can fill your DEF tank all the way to the top and it will not cause problems. I have done this with my 2015 Ram 3500, my current Ram 1500 and my dad's 2019 Ram 3500. The system is designed to be filled up. The only time you aren't "supposed" to top off the tank is if you are gonna see temps low enough to freeze it. The plastic tank will expand if the DEF freezes, but could push out the filler nozzle if you completely topped it off. I have never read anywhere that you can't fill up your DEF tank. The sensor works just like your windshield washer sensor, same concept.

As for DEF going bad in your tank......another wive's tale (unless your truck sits undriven for 12 months in AZ). I lived in Lake Havasu where summer temps reached over 120F, I filled the tank to full any time that the truck needed it. There is no benefit to keeping the tank low and just adding a few gallons here and there. The system is designed to adjust for changing concentrations of DEF. None of the 3 vehicles I have in the family (my parents live in Tucson and their Ram sits for months undriven) have ever thrown a DEF code for "bad DEF" in the tank. The first few years of DEF use in diesel trucks, those DID have problems with DEF concentrations and manufacturers changed the programming to account for it.

Lots of DEF misconceptions out there on the web that have a tendency to scare people from owning a diesel. The majority of owners just fill it up and drive. If the systems required all of this "babying" and constant attention, no one would ever own one.

Just my 2 cents. But....if someone wants to constantly worry about their diesel rig, that is their prerogative.

Joselio

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 EcoDiesel
Count me in the loose fuse and relay camp. Almost every fuse and about 1/2 the relays were not seated all the way.
I am having the same problem, almost all of the fuses and relays were not al the way in, pushed hard until they click, some were so loose you can take them out with one finger. Also have yesterday the same issue with ( Service DEF System See Dealer ) and now I have the Check Engine light on this Wrangler is only 3,075 miles. :( not happy. To my surprise Wave program is not available for my 2020 Jeep JL

Jeep Wrangler JL Tracking Jeep JLUR Diesel Issues 7579D72C-F14E-45B6-B5E8-9FBF1154E97A

Senditrubi

First Name
Rubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Diesel Rubicon , 2020 JT sport
Please click in the upper right hand corner of the spreadsheet to access it on Google Sheets. This spreadsheet is open to the public to view.

Each person will have to go to the link and input their respective information. Let me know if I need to update or correct anything on the Spreadsheet. I made drop down menus for your Year, Model, and State in the document.

I put my issues in wouldn’t let me just add to it.

Sponsored

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Also have yesterday the same issue with ( Service DEF System See Dealer ) and now I have the Check Engine light on this Wrangler is only 3,075 miles. :( not happy. To my surprise Wave program is not available for my 2020 Jeep JL

Jeep Wrangler JL Tracking Jeep JLUR Diesel Issues 7579D72C-F14E-45B6-B5E8-9FBF1154E97A
I had this issue. The dealer diagnosed it as improper DEF line installation from the factory that caused it to rest against the exhaust and melt.

MoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLURD EcoDiesel, 1985 Jeep CJ 7, 2018 Dynamax Dynaquest XL
Occupation
Consultant- motorcycle and automotive
I just took delivery of my new 2021 JLURD yesterday, 12/17. Dealer was kind enough to deliver it to my house and pick up my trade. Thanks to this thread, I checked the fuses in my 2018 Sahara the day before delivery of the new Jeep and found 40 fuses not seated properly. I had been having intermittent issues with my backup camera and my electronic odometer...occasionally it would read 999,999 miles when it only had 21,000 miles. I am now wondering if a loose fuse was the issue all this time. Well, I immediately checked the new 2021 upon delivery and much to my wondering eyes did I find, but 42 loose and unseated fuses! All 42 had an audible "click" when I pressed them down. Hopefully, thanks to those of you who blazed the trail ahead of me, I have avoided some of the issues listed in this thread.

tempImage3Vfj6K.png

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
I just took delivery of my new 2021 JLURD yesterday, 12/17. Dealer was kind enough to deliver it to my house and pick up my trade. Thanks to this thread, I checked the fuses in my 2018 Sahara the day before delivery of the new Jeep and found 40 fuses not seated properly. I had been having intermittent issues with my backup camera and my electronic odometer...occasionally it would read 999,999 miles when it only had 21,000 miles. I am now wondering if a loose fuse was the issue all this time. Well, I immediately checked the new 2021 upon delivery and much to my wondering eyes did I find, but 42 loose and unseated fuses! All 42 had an audible "click" when I pressed them down. Hopefully, thanks to those of you who blazed the trail ahead of me, I have avoided some of the issues listed in this thread.

tempImage3Vfj6K.png
Nice looking Jeep. Is it the white hard top or the Sky One Touch? They both look the same from the side profile.

MoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLURD EcoDiesel, 1985 Jeep CJ 7, 2018 Dynamax Dynaquest XL
Occupation
Consultant- motorcycle and automotive
Nice looking Jeep. Is it the white hard top or the Sky One Touch? They both look the same from the side profile.
Just the hard top. Thanks for the compliment.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
thoughts on adding dielectric grease to all the fuses prior to seating them?
Sponsored