First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Cheaper with no bluetooth (which I won't need anyway). This forum is costing me $$$. Just ordered a Hike it with black face. 10% off with code "jkgear" even for my JL.
The only benefit with the bluetooth connection is not having to remove the dash panel to change settings. [I didn't like the idea of having the module mounted somehow outside of the dash]. After a few days of tinkering, you'll likely leave it alone forever and it won't matter anyway.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Twice I've gone to make a left and felt my heart rate increase because of throttle lag.

I ordered a HikeIt. If it sucks I'm blaming @wibornz.
You can blame me. I think if it rocks, and you love it, you would send me a coupon to Dairy Queen for a free small cone.

RubiTurboD

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon 3.0 Deisel
Just picked up the Hike It as well. Will see how it does but looking forward to much improved throttle response.

RubiTurboD

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon 3.0 Deisel
So after purchase, Facebook starts advertising the controller, I click on the link and it's 169... go figure. LOL... oh well. So search for it in your browser, then go to facebook and see if it pops up. You can then add the "jkgear" code and get a percentage off.

Sponsored

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Well, I ordered mine from their website on the 12th. I received an email stating my order was "complete" but no tracking number. I've emailed them through the contact page on their site, and sales contact trying to get a little better status with no response as of yet. I called their number, but get a message. I understand shipping issues with Christmas so close, but a little communication would be nice.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Well, I ordered mine from their website on the 12th. I received an email stating my order was "complete" but no tracking number. I've emailed them through the contact page on their site, and sales contact trying to get a little better status with no response as of yet. I called their number, but get a message. I understand shipping issues with Christmas so close, but a little communication would be nice.
I received the same message on Wednesday after I ordered it on Monday. I'll update when the unit arrives, that way you can estimate how much time you have remaining.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 12/13.
Order complete email 12/16. No tracking number.
Arrived 12/20.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What is amazing is how many of these devices are out there. For some reason, the HIKE-IT is not on the chart. Like I said, the Banks PedalMonster looks to be best, but I didn't want to use my OBD port. In case you didn't guess, this is from Bank's website:

Jeep Wrangler JL Spongy throttle solution pedalmonster_matrix

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Got the HikeIt installed today and went for a short trip around the block. So far I like it and look forward to playing around with it more.

Sponsored

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Finally got a response from them. Due in today via USPS. Early birthday present!

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Well......... Just went out to the Jeep to install, opened the door and took the fob away for 15 min, pulled the plug on the throttle control and found the smaller end (of the two main plugs) doesn't fit where it's supposed to. The plastic outer perimeter has two rounded corners and two square on the Hikeit whereas mine has 3 rounded and one square so no go. I've emailed them about a refund. Hopefully they'll respond.
Jeep Wrangler JL Spongy throttle solution 20201221_110806

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well......... Just went out to the Jeep to install, opened the door and took the fob away for 15 min, pulled the plug on the throttle control and found the smaller end (of the two main plugs) doesn't fit where it's supposed to. The plastic outer perimeter has two rounded corners and two square on the Hikeit whereas mine has 3 rounded and one square so no go. I've emailed them about a refund. Hopefully they'll respond.
Jeep Wrangler JL Spongy throttle solution 20201221_110806

Try the Pedal Commander.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@rickinAZ

The Pedal Commander you are running in your Diesel, JL..... is it Pedal Commander - PC78 , the same unit that is used with the 3.6 and the 2.0 JL ? If not, what is Pedal Commander # you are using...
Yes, it's the PC78. $50 off right now, with no sale taxes collected.

But, also check out the Bank's Pedal Monster. If you don't mind using your OBD (mine is already tied up), it looks very good.
Sponsored