Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I'm Sayin' even if I had the money to spend.... I still wouldn't spend it on those bumpers just way over priced......
Sponsored

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst

Xfontanax

First Name
Grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Rubicon
I'm curious about the price.. what's a good rear bumper and tire carrier cost that's comparable to AEV?
Although expensive, these bumpers are probably priced along the lines of what consumers are willing to pay for AEV bumpers.

I ordered the Expedition One rear bumper and tire carrier. By the time I added all the accessories and mounts, I was at over $2k.

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired
I haven't made it all the way thru the thread but no one has mentioned there is a bunch of grill covered. Over heating?

Last edited:

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I haven't made it all the way thru the thread but no one has mentioned there is a bunch of grill covered. Over heating?
AEV responded to that concern by claiming they had no issues in desert testing. No word on how the camera/phallus changes things :CWL:

Sponsored

KRDauw21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Hmmmm. I just checked my original email from aev. It says that the bumper extensions are an extra $100. They give you the option of not choosing them. Are they telling you now that you have to have them? If that’s the case, that doesn’t make any sense.
how can you charge for an option that isn’t an option?
I originally didn't select them, but when the sales guy called me, he said I needed them. I guess it's an option that is required. I didn't fight him on it because I came to the realization that the bumper probably needs them to make it blend in with the body lines better. They should just add them to the price and not make them an option.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Although expensive, these bumpers are probably priced along the lines of what consumers are willing to pay for AEV bumpers.

I ordered the Expedition One rear bumper and tire carrier. By the time I added all the accessories and mounts, I was at over $2k.
Expedition One is a nice bumper, and it comes with backup sensor holes. Sounds like it's on par with the AEV pricing which is $2200 for rear bumper with tire carrier and no fuel caddy. Actually, the Expedition One is more expensive, the rear bumper powder coated ($980), the tire carrier ($1500), for a total of $2480.

In my mind, AEV has always been a pricey product. I read all these posts about the rear bumper and tire carrier being too expensive, that's why I wanted a price comparison for a good quality comparable product.

You look at the price initially and get a price shock, but objectively if you start comparing these things it may become more clearer.

Last edited:

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I originally didn't select them, but when the sales guy called me, he said I needed them. I guess it's an option that is required. I didn't fight him on it because I came to the realization that the bumper probably needs them to make it blend in with the body lines better. They should just add them to the price and not make them an option.
Agreed. I had the same experience when I ordered my Jeep conversion. It shouldn't be an option.

Xfontanax

First Name
Grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Expedition One is a nice bumper, and it comes with backup sensor holes. Sounds like it's on par with the AEV pricing which is $2200 for rear bumper with tire carrier and no fuel caddy. Actually, the Expedition One is more expensive, the rear bumper powder coated ($980), the tire carrier ($1500), for a total of $2480.

In my mind, AEV has always been a pricey product. I read all these posts about the rear bumper and tire carrier being too expensive, that's why I wanted a price comparison for a good quality comparable product.

You look at the price initially and get a price shock, but objectively if you start comparing these things it may become more clearer.
Expedition One tire carrier and bumper is about $1500. Add the accessories and can reach $2200. That’s where I’m at, with powder coat, brake/Lic plate relo, hi-lift mount, fuel pax mount, lights and sensor mounts.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Expedition One tire carrier and bumper is about $1500. Add the accessories and can reach $2200. That’s where I’m at, with powder coat, brake/Lic plate relo, hi-lift mount, fuel pax mount, lights and sensor mounts.
Oh.. I was looking at their website and the one they show for Jeep JL is the Trail Series 2, and the pricing is different than yours.

Sponsored

Xfontanax

First Name
Grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Oh.. I was looking at their website and the one they show for Jeep JL is the Trail Series 2, and the pricing is different than yours.
Copy. It is a bit confusing how they have them listed on the website. I did order the trail series 2. If you open up the tire carrier page it will show that bumper and carrier are included for the price.

I may have opted for the AEV rear had it been available, but I’m also good with the E1 bumper.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Theyre chewing khat to think there is any justification for charging that price for a fucking bumper.

but, Dave does like his sports cars, and that money has to come from somewhere. So line up fellas and open those wallets, fellas. Dave has dreams to live.

Last edited:

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Jeep JLUS
And charging extra for a winch plate after the bumper is already $1,800!
And a note on the website that states None Available after years of waiting and they’ll sell them through a lottery system.
Bye company. That’s probably how warranties are dealt with too.
Luck of the draw!
They should have spent some of that time improving their suspension...
I’m pulling their suspension off of my rig. Bye

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
aev is over priced. i'd go for the arb classic bumper, whch is well worth the price.
Sponsored