Question regarding the Windsheld defrost

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
I thought mine was broken and was going to take it in to the dealer until discovering this thread!!!

Jeep should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this. A $40,000 + vehicle and folks are having to jerry rig shit together just to be able to drive safely in cold weather.

Let me get this straight Jeep...….I can't have my door propped open to drive a few feet, so I can close the gate behind me so the cattle don't get out...….however it's perfectly safe to drive down the highway with the driver and passenger window frozen over!!!!!

Stuff like this makes me hope the Bronco kicks Jeeps a**. What a joke.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I thought mine was broken and was going to take it in to the dealer until discovering this thread!!!

Jeep should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this. A $40,000 + vehicle and folks are having to jerry rig shit together just to be able to drive safely in cold weather.

Let me get this straight Jeep...….I can't have my door propped open to drive a few feet, so I can close the gate behind me so the cattle don't get out...….however it's perfectly safe to drive down the highway with the driver and passenger window frozen over!!!!!

Stuff like this makes me hope the Bronco kicks Jeeps a**. What a joke.
And they haven’t fixed it since the JL was released in 2018.

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
WARNING. WARNING. WARNING.

Attention Upper Jeep Management.

Urgent Message.....

You will be Sued!!!! Its not a matter of if, but when. Companies/Corporations/Agencies have been sued for way less than this. Fix this now before someone gets seriously injured or killed!!! Avoid the public relations nightmare and do the right thing. You still have time...….

Sponsored

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
WARNING. WARNING. WARNING.

Attention Upper Jeep Management.

Urgent Message.....

You will be Sued!!!! Its not a matter of if, but when. Companies/Corporations/Agencies have been sued for way less than this. Fix this now before someone gets seriously injured or killed!!! Avoid the public relations nightmare and do the right thing. You still have time...….
Funny, it is like you know nothing about the steering issues.

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
And they haven’t fixed it since the JL was released in 2018.
But they take time and effort to stuff a 392 V8 under the hood and price it out the reach of most working Americans. And my friends wonder why I have not traded in my 97' Moss Green TJ Sport yet for a new 2 door JL Rubicon. I tell them, "Because I refuse to stop driving a Jeep with a functioning front windshield defrost".

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
Funny, it is like you know nothing about the steering issues.

I'm familiar with this particular issue. Based on your post, I assume you have it (and I'm sorry for that). I on the other hand, do not. You see....the steering issue is random and only impacts certain vehicles, or put another way, its a mechanical issue and can be fixed (supposedly based on the TSB).

The window defrost is an entirely different beast. As a result of its poor design, the defrost issue impacts 100% of vehicles. Thus making it a serious safety issue with no fix to correct it as of now.

This is the difference between the two of them.

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
I'm familiar with this particular issue. Based on your post, I assume you have it (and I'm sorry for that). I on the other hand, do not. You see....the steering issue is random and only impacts certain vehicles, or put another way, its a mechanical issue and can be fixed (supposedly based on the TSB).

The window defrost is an entirely different beast. As a result of its poor design, the defrost issue impacts 100% of vehicles. Thus making it a serious safety issue with no fix to correct it as of now.

This is the difference between the two of them.
I stand corrected. I also have the pleasure of living in snow country that requires me to stop every few miles and get out a spatula to clear out my snow packed non-heated LED headlights.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I stand corrected. I also have the pleasure of living in snow country that requires me to stop every few miles and get out a spatula to clear out my snow packed non-heated LED headlights.
Throw your gloves over the center of the defroster
Yes, annoying. This will be my first winter (May purchase).
Looking forward to our forum family coming through, looks like there is a beautiful prototype that could be imminently ready for printing

Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I had the outer parts of my windshield freeze up yesterday during the storm due to the way the vents blow. I‘m a volunteer firefighter and it’s not like I can stay off the roads when we have a call like we did last night during the storm. The one thing that was new was that my windshield defroster was on high heat no matter what temperature I had set. didn’t have this issue last winter with the temp. Of course they have replaced the 8.4 Uconnect twice since then. I guess another trip to the dealership is in order.

Tapper881

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
FYI - I have a couple of the plug sets that I designed printed out - I'm not looking to make a profit, you cover the shipping and a couple bucks to cover the cost of the filament and I'm happy to ship them out to you - just PM me if you are interested. (my design is not as cool as the one iblowatsports designed, but does the job in my JL)

JeepVentPlugV2.png

FoxyJeeper

First Name
Foxyjeeper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I bought these plugs on Amazon. A little over $7 for 30 of them. I installed about half. The air definitely hits the sides better and still gets the center too. Haven’t tested yet but it can’t be worse than it was last week. I’ll play around with the amount I use and the location of the plugs next time we have a snow storm.

EB79D1CA-06E9-4D55-BE81-826D7B71E926.png

1AB31880-C6D8-4041-B730-F0288732C870.jpeg

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I bought these plugs on Amazon. A little over $7 for 30 of them. I installed about half. The air definitely hits the sides better and still gets the center too. Haven’t tested yet but it can’t be worse than it was last week. I’ll play around with the amount I use and the location of the plugs next time we have a snow storm.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question regarding the Windsheld defrost 1AB31880-C6D8-4041-B730-F0288732C870

Jeep Wrangler JL Question regarding the Windsheld defrost 1AB31880-C6D8-4041-B730-F0288732C870
How’s the fit? These say 5/8 but I have also been told in this thread that 1/2 is correct.
Sponsored