Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I’m an AEV fanboy for sure, but the price on the front bumper is insane. My full width JK AEV bumper cost $1400 with winch mount and skid plate.

Plus 2 years after they showed these, they are finally getting to a lottery for the right to buy one. Then this is what they come up to relocate the front camera

D0E89DE4-8771-4211-89A9-B8342FF07D1D.jpeg
Make sure you wrap that thing up before you go sticking your front end in the mud.
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I posted more detail in another thread, but just thought I’d point out that the rear bumper is not a simple bolt on install. Go read the install instructions if interested. If you have rear parksense, you need to drill a 3/4” hole through the outside layer, and a 2” hole in the inner layer, without penetrating into the other layer. Easy to screw that up.

Also if you want the bumper ends that match up to the stock flares, you actually have to cut the pinch seam. I’ve already done that on mine for other reasons, but I imagine that isn’t something many people will feel comfortable doing, whether you install it yourself or not.

I didn’t look at the front. The front bumper is too ugly for me to look into. I am somewhat still considering the rear.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I posted more detail in another thread, but just thought I’d point out that the rear bumper is not a simple bolt on install. Go read the install instructions if interested. If you have rear parksense, you need to drill a 3/4” hole through the outside layer, and a 2” hole in the inner layer, without penetrating into the other layer. Easy to screw that up.

Also if you want the bumper ends that match up to the stock flares, you actually have to cut the pinch seam. I’ve already done that on mine for other reasons, but I imagine that isn’t something many people will feel comfortable doing, whether you install it yourself or not.

I didn’t look at the front. The front bumper is too ugly for me to look into. I am somewhat still considering the rear.
Thanks for those details. At some point, I will purchase the rear. Good to know I need to find a shop that is familiar with AEV products rather than DIY now.

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
I was waiting for their rear bumper to come out for the JL before I did anything to my JL's booty. But for this price, there's no way. I'm not sure if this is a true supply chain issue but I can't help but wonder if they're created a false sense of scarcity with their products.

The amount of price increase we've seen with their stuff is insulting. I agree with some posts in this thread - their stuff has become a status symbol and it's a damn shame.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'd bet that the majority of those who would spend that much on bumpers, saved it by filling their undercarriage with spacers and geo correction brackets.

And that flaccid dick on the front bumper? Hilarious! :CWL: :facepalm:

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Their stuff doesn't even blip my radar, but I know a lot of folks here like aev. The lottery system is an insult. They would've been smarter to wait until production was where it needed to be, or go with a 1st come 1st serve. That way, their truly motivated and finger on the pulse market would get the first crack at it. Like with anything else, you shouldn't expect a table if you're late to the restaurant.

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Their stuff doesn't even blip my radar, but I know a lot of folks here like aev. The lottery system is an insult. They would've been smarter to wait until production was where it needed to be, or go with a 1st come 1st serve. That way, their truly motivated and finger on the pulse market would get the first crack at it. Like with anything else, you shouldn't expect a table if you're late to the restaurant.
This. This man gets it.

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
To be clear, I am not typically thrown by price... as I am willing to make my choice based on quality workmanship along with personal preference. But nearly $2500 for the front bumper alone before you even get to a winch or any lighting is absurd. Add to this, the notion that you must enter a lottery for the glory of handing over a pile of cash... This promotion in its entirety is a turn off.

I remained patient and curious as I historically like AEV products and did specifically like their well integrated JK front bumper.

But Im not in love with this stubby option and feel like this price point is gouging at best and lottery a pure gimmick. Everyone will make their own choices, but Im a hard pass on this one.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Since the EX version can be made into an RX, but not the other way around, they should have just waited to release the EX version.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

KRDauw21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
So I figured I would try my luck and enter the lottery for the rear bumper and tire carrier only. Since I like the look and it is only slightly more expensive than the LOD and same price as the Road Armor.

To my surprise, I was one of the top 15, so it looks like I get the shell out ~$2100 for it. Woohoo

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
I really like their rear bumper with tire carrier. Unfortunately it’s out of my price range for a while. It’s about $2345 give or take on what model you have and options you want.

Lottery drawing for the ability to purchase.

Front Bumper: $1800
Skid Plate: $365
Winch Mount: $170
No-winch cover plate: $155
Skid Plate light bar mount $29
Off road lighting kit: $29
Lic Plate kit: $45

Rear Bumper: $1100
Tire Carrier: $989
Splash Guards: $145
Light mounting kit: $20
Fule caddy: $350

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL bumpers now available 5B872BE4-6DF2-43A4-B72C-300AA3C0D7CE
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL bumpers now available Squirrel.JPG

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I’m an AEV fanboy for sure, but the price on the front bumper is insane. My full width JK AEV bumper cost $1400 with winch mount and skid plate.

Plus 2 years after they showed these, they are finally getting to a lottery for the right to buy one. Then this is what they come up to relocate the front camera

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL bumpers now available 1608186115194
Man... don’t you think they should have made it stuck out a bit more between those two round things.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
So I figured I would try my luck and enter the lottery for the rear bumper and tire carrier only. Since I like the look and it is only slightly more expensive than the LOD and same price as the Road Armor.

To my surprise, I was one of the top 15, so it looks like I get the shell out ~$2100 for it. Woohoo
Let us know how the install goes if you’re wrenching your own rig.
Sponsored