Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Roof Design Previewed in Clay Models

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Looking back at the model I hope the hood latches are like that so the hood doesnt bounce like it does on my JK
Sponsored

JKguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU Rubicon, '03 GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel, 1995 YJ Laredo
Vehicle Showcase
Looking back at the model I hope the hood latches are like that so the hood doesnt bounce like it does on my JK
I pretty much doubt the hood latches like that. If anyone takes a look back at RedrockJK's post, the one where may have gotten a JLA hood, It reaaaaaaaaallly doesn't look like the latches don't look like that, but hey, they could be like the ones on the proposal model. The only people that really know are the people at FCA.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Not really seeing a hood latch in this but of course its not the best lighting. I wouldn't mind a move to the side like in the clay model

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler Roof Design Previewed in Clay Models {filename}

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
Which photos could you even see it?

The only aerial roof shots i could find were of the pickup mule that pretty much shows a freedom top. Besides as others have mentioned it could also be an option and not standard on all JL's (if they even offer it).
A few of the first spy pics. Nothing definitive and is all pretty well hidden but there were no clear signs of it at least. Hopefully it starts to shed some of that and we can finally get a peek at the roof.

Taimaishu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I went back to look at the JL prototype spy pics and none of them have shown any handles on the roof so I don't think we'll see those on the car.
If there were roof handles they could still be hidden. There's camouflage at the edges of the roof.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler Roof Design Previewed in Clay Models {filename}

I think the roof handles could look kinda cool like it's an assault vehicle. Add some wide running boards and the JLU is ready for SWAT team use :)

Sponsored

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I kinda like the look of those roof grab handles but can't think of what those would actually be used for?
I like em too.

Could be used for:

1. Team of shooters hanging off roof & standing on running boards for a 360' drive thru massacre, as Taimaishu accurately portrayed.

2. Complete removal of larger sunroof panels, not merely of the panel which allows for light to come thru the glass/lexan sunroofs.

3. Grab handle areas can be utilized as mourning hardware points for optional racks, pop-up campers, etc as ernie's pic shows

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Looks like the clay model shows that these patents are probably going to be pretty spot on...

lets hope they have been deliberately Uber quiet about this to please dinosaurs who hated the idea. And it has gained even more functional improvements during development for the JL/JLU/JLUXL

"Stow and Go modular roof"

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Its too bad they didn't do something like that. Would have been cool to see a multi piece hardtop.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Its too bad they didn't do something like that. Would have been cool to see a multi piece hardtop.
We just haven't seen it on the mules, that doesn't mean it won't be ready at launch. Could simply mean they kept it hush on purpose to make a huge splash at launch party.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
We just haven't seen it on the mules, that doesn't mean it won't be ready at launch. Could simply mean they kept it hush on purpose to make a huge splash at launch party.
They could run that around on JK's and nobody would notice because they've been looking for JL's in camo.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
That would be awesome, but you would think they would want to test them on the mules for leaking issues, etc.
Sponsored