Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
It appears that there has been more than a few gremlins caused by fuses that are not set correctly from the factory. I kept reading about it and finally decided to go check mine this afternoon. For reference, I took delivery of the 2021 JLUR that I special ordered on 11/18/21 and it has not had any electrical issues. WOW!!! is all I can say!!! Nearly all of them were loose, including the bigger ones. I could not believe it, a few of them were so loose that I can't understand how there were still hanging in place. When you pushed them down, you could hear a click on most of them and they felt much more secure. I checked my SRT and all of the fuses on that vehicle are rock solid like you would expect. After that, I walked down to my neighbors house, he took delivery of a JL Sport in September and we opened up his hood, guess what? Same thing, he did not have as many loose as I did, but still a surprising amount were not pressed in all way.

Jeep needs to fix this at the factory and have service techs run around the lots to press these in.
They come from the supplier like that . More than likely from Mexico. The assembler installs the fuse box per Manifest for that Jeep build vin # .
Sponsored

Thexr6

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2007 JK Rubi, 2021WL overland
It appears that there has been more than a few gremlins caused by fuses that are not set correctly from the factory. I kept reading about it and finally decided to go check mine this afternoon. For reference, I took delivery of the 2021 JLUR that I special ordered on 11/18/21 and it has not had any electrical issues. WOW!!! is all I can say!!! Nearly all of them were loose, including the bigger ones. I could not believe it, a few of them were so loose that I can't understand how there were still hanging in place. When you pushed them down, you could hear a click on most of them and they felt much more secure. I checked my SRT and all of the fuses on that vehicle are rock solid like you would expect. After that, I walked down to my neighbors house, he took delivery of a JL Sport in September and we opened up his hood, guess what? Same thing, he did not have as many loose as I did, but still a surprising amount were not pressed in all way.

Jeep needs to fix this at the factory and have service techs run around the lots to press these in.
Thanks for tip. Re-seated 42 loose fuses on mg 2020 JLR.

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
All of the little ones were tight on mine but the big ones were not fully seated. I didn't feel that it was anything concerning though.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
checked mine on my 2021 before taking delivery last month; every single relay was loose, as were about half the fuses.

wheel lug not torque was also all over the place, though one wheel was freakishly over-tightened.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Old news. They get a lot of abuse while in transit too. Plus, if your dealership actually did the PDI correctly, this wouldn't even be an issue :movember:
I have no doubts you are a real fox Miss Fox. You always come instantly with the right answer. I wonder how many foxes there are tapping on your keyboard day and night. 👍

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
checked mine on my 2021 before taking delivery last month; every single relay was loose, as were about half the fuses.

wheel lug not torque was also all over the place, though one wheel was freakishly over-tightened.
Just making sure.... you know they’re supposed to be 130 lb ft on the JL? That’s gotten others. I want to make sure they’re not loose. :)

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 3.6 Auto, 315's, 2.5 MC Lift
Occupation
Retired
Reset my fuses on delivery Thursday, 6 were loose. Thanks for the heads up.

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
yup; thanks.

specs in the manual, and the manuals are Online. easy to look this stuff up these days! ;-)
i *did* have to stop and pick up a new Lug Nut Socket for the torque wrench though; they don't use the same size as my old J**p!

Just making sure.... you know they’re supposed to be 130 lb ft on the JL? That’s gotten others. I want to make sure they’re not loose. :)

Farmerbeau

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Coast Guard
Wow, I had to go look and sure enough most were loose, only got it new a month ago. Why aren't the dealers making this a part of their check they do when they come in. It's obviously a pretty validated issue.

Beau- Colorado Springs

jeepeta

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Unlimited 80th Anniversary

Thanks for the PSA @JeepinJason33 . I just checked the fuses on my brand new 80th Anniversary. Nothing was visually out of place, but ~20% of the fuses I pressed clicked into place (most notably smaller 30A fuses) 😒