Sponsored

MT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
I really like their rear bumper with tire carrier. Unfortunately it’s out of my price range for a while. It’s about $2345 give or take on what model you have and options you want.

Lottery drawing for the ability to purchase.

Front Bumper: $1800
Skid Plate: $365
Winch Mount: $170
No-winch cover plate: $155
Skid Plate light bar mount $29
Off road lighting kit: $29
Lic Plate kit: $45

Rear Bumper: $1100
Tire Carrier: $989
Splash Guards: $145
Light mounting kit: $20
Fule caddy: $350

1607972656932-png.png
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

tkelly11

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wanderingobservations.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
OP
OP

MT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
I am definitely willing to spend money (If I have it) on quality. Heck, I spent $600 on an AAL tailgate table that was completely unnecessary. Figuring in tax and if they charge for shipping, one bumper will easily be over $2500. I think they look great and are going to be great quality, it’s just a matter of where you want to put your money. There’s always something to buy and buy and buy and buy.

BOLACKEY

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I received an email notification from AEV that their front and rear bumpers are now available for order. After clicking the link, and going through the pricing options, I realized that the front (stubby) bumper would total $1800.00, and the rear bumper would start at $1100.0 (no options) and end at $2700.00 (fully optioned, including tire carrier). I have waited, as have many Jeepers, expectantly and impatiently for these bumpers to arrive; however, now that they are available, I am extremely put off by the price. My last Jeep ('12 JKR) had AEV bumpers and the heat reduction hood, and I absolutely was impressed with the quality of those products. There is no doubt that the new offerings will be built to AEV's high standard of quality, but I just can't get past the pricing.

After waiting so long I was ready to place an order immediately; but $4500.00 in bumpers alone could go a long way when applied to other options and goodies. While it is true that I could order these bumpers in their basic forms, it is the full range of options that makes these bumpers so appealing. I believe these prices (when fully optioned) will be a barrier to a lot of Jeepers, and coupled with AEV's dreadful radio silence towards their customer base over the past 18 months regarding these bumpers, has definitely put them in an interesting position.

So, who is going to purchase these? I'm still on the fence, due to the prices, but I really, really like AEV's products.

Link to AEV's website: bumpers-jl-wrangler

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I received an email notification from AEV that their front and rear bumpers are now available for order. After clicking the link, and going through the pricing options, I realized that the front (stubby) bumper would total $1800.00, and the rear bumper would start at $1100.0 (no options) and end at $2700.00 (fully optioned, including tire carrier). I have waited, as have many Jeepers, expectantly and impatiently for these bumpers to arrive; however, now that they are available, I am extremely put off by the price. My last Jeep ('12 JKR) had AEV bumpers and the heat reduction hood, and I absolutely was impressed with the quality of those products. There is no doubt that the new offerings will be built to AEV's high standard of quality, but I just can't get past the pricing.

After waiting so long I was ready to place an order immediately; but $4500.00 in bumpers alone could go a long way when applied to other options and goodies. While it is true that I could order these bumpers in their basic forms, it is the full range of options that makes these bumpers so appealing. I believe these prices (when fully optioned) will be a barrier to a lot of Jeepers, and coupled with AEV's dreadful radio silence towards their customer base over the past 18 months regarding these bumpers, has definitely put them in an interesting position.

So, who is going to purchase these? I'm still on the fence, due to the prices, but I really, really like AEV's products.

Link to AEV's website: bumpers-jl-wrangler
Even if you have the money to buy them you can’t get one still. It’s a lottery system who gets one and who doesn’t. They still won’t be available for everybody to buy for sometime. Insane

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Ridiculous. The again, their wheels cost twice as much as others’ and they have become status symbols.

Still, if I wanted to play the lottery I’d buy a ticket, not a bumper.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
They offer well made and engineered products but for the most part, they like their stuff more $ wise than me. I do have a full set of their model specific JL Pintler wheels, worth every penny IMO. No one else(after market) offers wheels engineered for JL’s.
I assume the bumpers are metal and wonder what they weigh?

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I like the look but that price is ridicules. I'm all for paying for quality but there are plenty of qualify options in that category for 1/3 of the price.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
No one else(after market) offers wheels engineered for JL’s.
Quadratec offers 30+ wheels specific for Wrangler —and Gladiator.

Their wheels have long offered excellent quality, the correct specs and perfect fit at an affordable price. They used to be best kept secret in Jeep world.

But the word appears to be out: their prices have gone up a LOT, and many of their wheels are now backordered weeks.

Sponsored

BOLACKEY

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Even if you have the money to buy them you can’t get one still. It’s a lottery system who gets one and who doesn’t. They still won’t be available for everybody to buy for sometime. Insane
Agreed; the lottery idea is really just a slap in the face to me. I have contacted AEV several times over the last 18 months, and not once did I receive a reply. I think their products are great, but their customer service is severely lacking. AEV knows there is an immense amount of anticipation for these bumpers, and to dangle them on a string before us is nearly insulting. I may purchase a front bumper for a Ram 2500 from them, but I think I'll go with ARB for my JL bumpers.

malogus

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
It's $170 to add the winch mount, but if you don't want a winch you have to pay $150 for the winch cover plate. Seems like a total money grab...

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing products, quality made here but way pricy... a few thousands $$$ for bumpers pass.

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
So, if you think 2000 is expensive, now let talk about the price of the AEV bumpers that will arrive in France at 2000x1,7 = 3400 euro/dollar. :crying:
Sponsored