Sponsored

Noob with JScan....tips?

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
Don't overlook the more advanced diagnostics and PID monitoring you can do with Jscan as well as unlocking features. I used it on my JK to find what wheel speed sensor was tripping the ABS light and what cylinder was misfiring. Plus you can use it on multiple vehicles with just an inexpensive license to buy for each.
Sponsored

KevinD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
From the product description for the Veepeak:
" NOT COMPATIBLE WITH IOS DEVICES (iPhone or iPad)! "
That leaves out a large share of the market.
The Vgate icar pro is really nice. I never used the Veepeak so I can’t comment on that. Worth the $30 in my opinion.

KevinD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
what adapter SGW cable are you using and do you leave both the cable and BT adapter plugged in all the time ?
12+8 Chrysler cable. Search Amazon. There are many sellers.

I unplug my adapter and reconnect the SGW when I don't need JScan.

I had an OBD adapter that kept the Jeep awake and killed the battery in about a week.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
The OBD adapter can influence some of the features that are available in JScan.
Yes, some of the lower priced bluetooth units like mine cannot adjust some specific settings. However, These were unnecessary for my needs.

I'm a recovering computer nerd so run android and this veepeak unit has been rock solid.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I have both, a Tazer and Jscan. I like to use the Jscan for tire size changes and other things that I don't want to change. I also like where the trail view is going It's fun to leave up.

I keep the tazer to handle the live functions such as ASS kill and the sway bar / lockers / etc off roading things. I don't like how the tazer un-marry process removes the adjustments, so I just don't use them.

As for the adapter for Jscan, I ordered the OBDLink MX+ from ebay and it supports all of the Jscan functions. I also leave it attached at all times via an OBD Y cable.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have both, a Tazer and Jscan. I like to use the Jscan for tire size changes and other things that I don't want to change. I also like where the trail view is going It's fun to leave up.

I keep the tazer to handle the live functions such as ASS kill and the sway bar / lockers / etc off roading things. I don't like how the tazer un-marry process removes the adjustments, so I just don't use them.

As for the adapter for Jscan, I ordered the OBDLink MX+ from ebay and it supports all of the Jscan functions. I also leave it attached at all times via an OBD Y cable.
So no worries on the BT module pulling down the battery, I would assume it automatically powers down.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
So no worries on the BT module pulling down the battery, I would assume it automatically powers down.
I have had no battery problems and have been running this setup all year. And because of covid, I'm now driving a work truck so the Jeep stays parked for a week at a time.

Sponsored

actionplus

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Have ordered all the parts I need for this. Will be a busy Xmas week with the mods. Hitting the lowest hanging fruit first. The Fog light. OEM Halogen to OEM LED.

If someone has already done this and know what all the setup is for the Fog light, do post.

Thanks

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Can the JScan app be used without cell phone service to pull and look up codes? Is that stuff cached in the app so when you're wheeling in the middle of nowhere without cell service you're not SOL?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Can the JScan app be used without cell phone service to pull and look up codes? Is that stuff cached in the app so when you're wheeling in the middle of nowhere without cell service you're not SOL?
Good question! I haven't tried using the app yet without data service. It would be relatively easy to test. Just put your phone in "airplane mode" and see if you can still scan for codes.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone disabled TPMS and if so do you get any annoying messages or sounds on startup ?
Sponsored