Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon - Billet Silver
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you!

The cliff notes version is that I ran a wire from the Aux 4 switch inside the cab (under the passenger side dash) to the back of the Jeep (underneath all the trim). I ran that wire to a diode then tied into the aftermarket backup lights. I also ran a wire from the Jeep's back up light, to another diode, then out to the aftermarket backup lights. Here is a good thread that goes into detail about how to do it. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/backup-lights.10763/ and I did mine similar to post #123 (found here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/backup-lights.10763/page-9), except I didn't use the aux wires under the hood. There are few different ways to accomplish the same thing, but I did all my wiring connections in the passenger side brake light housing. I can go into more detail if necessary, but I just made sure everything was clean. Some have used the wiring under the hood to tie into the aux switches and then run their wires through the frame rails, but I didn't go this route. I wanted to keep everything clean so I went with the interior aux switch connection. More work, but everything is out of the elements. Here are some videos if you decide to go this route. and and

Good luck and let me know if you have any specific questions!
Awesome, thank you for taking to time to provide such a comperhensive respone! Much appriciated! Cheers.
Sponsored

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Great looking Jeep!

What is your opinion of the Baja Boss tires?

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 3.6 Auto, 315's, 2.5 MC Lift
Occupation
Retired
Good looking 2 door, you have a great build.

Sponsored

OP
OP
VolCntry73

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Thanks for sharing!! How did the paint process work for the rugged ridge fenders? They look great
it was “good”...but not great. The RR Flares are textured, so if you want it to be flawless, it will take some considerable prep. They are not bad though, and definitely something i can live with. The trade off of having a factory “trimmed” look, outweighs the anal retentive tendencies I have of the texture coming through the paint. Lol.

Sponsored

kledzik44

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
it was “good”...but not great. The RR Flares are textured, so if you want it to be flawless, it will take some considerable prep. They are not bad though, and definitely something i can live with. The trade off of having a factory “trimmed” look, outweighs the anal retentive tendencies I have of the texture coming through the paint. Lol.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. For what it’s worth, in the pics they look great. I definitely sympathize with wanting chopped fenders but with a factory look. There are hardly any good looking fender or fender chop options on the market. Your solution is one of the best looking I’ve seen

burgpath

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Altitude
Great looking rig. That's exactly what I've been looking for.