Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Actually Automotive News said this:
Sounds like they picked poorly on a supplier to where your market is affected by another. At the least you get two contractors.

I’m definitely happy I backed out of our reservation with such a long wait time. We’ll have to find a manufacturer that meets our needs without crippling parts issues.
Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
(Tongue in cheek): at this rate Nissan could resurrect the Xterra and steal some more thunder from the Bronco.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like they picked poorly on a supplier to where your market is affected by another. At the least you get two contractors.
For low tech piece parts, yes. For critical subassemblies this is difficult to do. I spent five years working on a new product development project that had to replace 90% of the supply chain from the previous generation product. Finding alternative suppliers is tough. At the time of product launch you will initially have low sales volumes so getting a commitment years in advance from a supplier during the development phase is always going to be tricky, especially if they know they will have to split the business with another supplier.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Older people seem more likely to believe the disinformation going on online. My hope is, as a new generation that grew up with the Internet replaces the old, they will bring with them a better sense of what information and sources to believe, and which ones to dismiss.
Too broad of a generalization there.

A bit of gray scale, is to point out that the older generation comes from a time when honor and truth was of high importance. So, they are only guilty of thinking that what a so-called professional says is actually true.

As for the younger generations and the up-and-comers, honor and truth rarely comes to mind because of more concern of what they could possibly get out of a situation without investing much into it.

Just look at all the stupidity going on. The only gray beards present, are the ones putting themselves at risk to try to hold back the young and destructive lemmings, whose knowledge of what they're doing doesn't extend beyond what's written on their picket signs.

As time progresses, people are in a big rush to nowhere. Most don't want or care to put in the research time, because its quicker and easier to keep asking the same questions. The problem with that approach, is not exercising ones due diligence to ensure they are not taking the wrong persons word as gospel. A quick example right here on this forum, is every engine related thread. Mostly opinions from those without a clue, but written and posted to sound like they do.

And for the many who only just scan posts, I'm compelled to state that I'm not at all implying that all of the elders are on point or that all of the youngen's are flawed. Just that there's a lot of shades of gray.

And, oh yeah, back to the bronco. Its definitely gonna chase the Jeep off the top of the mountain. Just look at this articulation. Don't blink!
Jeep Wrangler JL Those waiting on Broncos… will have to wait until summer 2021 or even 2022 20201023_102215

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
For low tech piece parts, yes. For critical subassemblies this is difficult to do. I spent five years working on a new product development project that had to replace 90% of the supply chain from the previous generation product. Finding alternative suppliers is tough. At the time of product launch you will initially have low sales volumes so getting a commitment years in advance from a supplier during the development phase is always going to be tricky, especially if they know they will have to split the business with another supplier.
They’ve been around for over 100 years and there’s been some bright minds to avoid this problem. I’m sure there’s a solution.

Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Don't want to get political but this is 100% correct.

The amount of media fear-mongering is pathetic and the VERY low death rate makes all these moves not needed.

Sorry
As we are hitting record daily deaths in the US.....

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Why don't we shut down the country during flu season?
All the while wearing masks.

But people don’t want to look into ALL complexities....data... mathematical probability... science.

Sponsored

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL

A bit of gray scale, is to point out that the older generation comes from a time when honor and truth was of high importance. So, they are only guilty of thinking that what a so-called professional says is actually true.

As for the younger generations and the up-and-comers, honor and truth rarely comes to mind because of more concern of what they could possibly get out of a situation without investing much into it.

Just look at all the stupidity going on. The only gray beards present, are the ones putting themselves at risk to try to hold back the young and destructive lemmings, whose knowledge of what they're doing doesn't extend beyond what's written on their picket signs.

As time progresses, people are in a big rush to nowhere. Most don't want or care to put in the research time, because its quicker and easier to keep asking the same questions. The problem with that approach, is not exercising ones due diligence to ensure they are not taking the wrong persons word as gospel. A quick example right here on this forum, is every engine related thread. Mostly opinions from those without a clue, but written and posted to sound like they do.

And for the many who only just scan posts, I'm compelled to state that I'm not at all implying that all of the elders are on point or that all of the youngen's are flawed. Just that there's a lot of shades of gray.

And, oh yeah, back to the bronco. Its definitely gonna chase the Jeep off the top of the mountain. Just look at this articulation. Don't blink!
20201023_102215.gif
That poor Bronco
Jeep Wrangler JL Those waiting on Broncos… will have to wait until summer 2021 or even 2022 Ferret

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

20201023_102215.gif
A key part of the problem are the "so-called professionals."

For instance, before the 2008 market crash, real estate industry professional kept telling everyone that the housing market was solid: demand was high; the problem was there was a shortage of homes. Well, the entire thing turned out to be a house of cards and millions of Americans lost everything.

In 2014 GM got caught screwing customers with faulty ignition parts and ordered to pay $120 million.

In 2015, VAG got red-handed cheating on emission controls. Investigations revealed that the cheating came down from the highest levels of the company. Last time I checked, it had cost the company $12 billion and three executives were imprisoned.

In 2017 Bank of America got caught falsifying accounts: they were using real people's names and addresses and creating false accounts so that the bosses could get their big fat bonuses. My neighbors are still dealing with the aftermath of all that; every so many months BofA detects "inappropriate activity" that prompts them to freeze their accounts until they can determine what is happening.

Nissan's CEO was caught embezzling and is now hiding in Lebanon. FCA has been caught cheating on its sales reporting, bribing union leaders, cheating on diesel emissions, and I forget what else.

The list goes on and on. It has gotten to the point where people can't tell who or what to believe any more. So, unscrupulous characters take advantage of the situation and twist the facts to suit their own goals. And hardly anyone ever goes to jail.

Now there is a large segment of the population convinced that the economy is "sound" because the stock market keeps breaking record after record. The reality is that the stock market has become increasingly divorced from the real economy it is supposed to reflect. It looks similar to the 2007 crash; sooner or later reality will catch up and a lot of people are going to get hurt.

Anyway, I was excited about Bronco at first, but the more I saw the more I have grown skeptical. So far all we have seen are virtual representations on YouTube; it is easy to make anything look great on the Internet. Besides, Jim Farley, the new head of Ford, is a marketing genius of sorts, so you really can't believe all the hype that is coming out of Ford right now.

I will believe it when I finally see it.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
when you fire every contract engineer who worked on the program developing it and designing all the tooling and production process, this will be yet another disaster launch for Ford, Jeep might be able to lower their quality to match Ford's low quality on the Bronco.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why don't we shut down the country during flu season?
Because our current healthcare infrastructure (urban, suburban, or rural) can handle the seasonal spike in demand for health services arising from flu. We also don’t need to “shut down“ the country because of COVID. There are tiers of restrictions that should be used as levers to judiciously cope as needed. Other countries have been able to adjust because they have shown a greater concern for their fellow citizens and willingness to trust science while also understanding the limits of what science can tell us about a new disease. What COVID has exposed about this country is that the internal divisiveness is the single greatest vulnerability of and threat to America, not Islamic terrorists, not China, not Russia. While other countries come out of this crisis and get their economies going again we’ll be stuck arguing amongst ourselves. A nation that is united has a chance of good COVID crisis management outcome (e.g. Vietnam) or bad outcome (e.g. Sweden) but a nation that is fractured has no chance of a good outcome.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why wait for the new Bronco when you can just buy an old one and do a build? I stopped by my mechanic today and there was a Bronco there which was getting about $7k of parts and labor for a new Currie axle. The shop owner said the guy had already dumped $80k into this 40 year old vehicle. Who needs Ford to provide you the Bronco you want when all you need is a fat wallet and cars.com.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.