Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
They did replace clutches that were worn. I wouldn't have a clue as to whether they looked at any other parts, but I'd guess they'd use a clutch replacement kit or package that included any other wear prone parts. But I really don't know.

My worry was if the techs would actually precisely follow the clutch test procedure. Or if they'd actualy do it at all. I could see a tech who considers himself skilled with manual transmissions just driving it around and proclaiming it fine, without doing the procedure. Again, that's why I did mine myself, first. And it wasn't pleasant. It's a very harsh test, but it does make sense in how it is used to determine a worn clutch.

If I recall correctly, you set the parking brake, put the transmission in 3rd gear (or maybe 4th. I can't remember), take the engine to 4k or maybe 4500k and then dump the clutch. If the engine stalls immediately then the clutch is good. If it does anything but stall immediately, it is worn. Mine died instantly. No shudder or slip. Man did I HATE doing that to my Jeep, though. I felt terrible abusing it that way. I felt worse knowing they were likely to do it again. But I did it for certainty and peace of mind.
Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I agree, a test like that can cause irregularities on the faces of machined parts.

Sponsored

cwewasson

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL S Sport
That's a valid point. NO ONE is riding naked in northern MI in December. The windshield could have conceivably been knocked out by firefighters trying to extinguish the Jeep. But the doors and hood would not have been melted away. And there should have been some remnant of the roof.

Is it possible this Jeep was stripped for parts and then set ablaze for insurance money?
"NO ONE is riding naked in northern MI in December"....... Um not sure about that one, there are some "special" people that live in northern MI 😂😂

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Last I checked engines are made of metal. Metal doesn't burn. Must have been electrical.

Bumby

First Name
Allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Wrangler Engine Catches Fire, Vehicle Burns 8BCAF4DA-F88D-460E-BE83-FA821982AF29

ANTIOCH TOWNSHIP, MI – The engine of a 2020 Jeep Wrangler suddenly caught fire while traveling down a Northern Michigan roadway on Monday.

At 10:20 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 7, a trooper from the Michigan State Police Cadillac Post was dispatched to a vehicle fire on M-115 near 21 ½ Road in Antioch Township, Wexford County.

The 36-year-old Traverse City man who was driving had pulled over to the shoulder and called 911 after he realized the Jeep’s engine compartment was on fire…

2020 Jeep Wrangler engine catches fire, vehicle burns up
Where is this snow if this happened in Michigan in December?

OP
OP

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
It's been a very warm winter in the upper Midwest.

Cities like Milwaukee have blown past their average first snow dates with nothing but rain this winter.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
image.jpeg

ANTIOCH TOWNSHIP, MI – The engine of a 2020 Jeep Wrangler suddenly caught fire while traveling down a Northern Michigan roadway on Monday.

At 10:20 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 7, a trooper from the Michigan State Police Cadillac Post was dispatched to a vehicle fire on M-115 near 21 ½ Road in Antioch Township, Wexford County.

The 36-year-old Traverse City man who was driving had pulled over to the shoulder and called 911 after he realized the Jeep’s engine compartment was on fire…

do we know if the driver wasn't member of Chicago's underworld ?

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
It's been a very warm winter in the upper Midwest.

Cities like Milwaukee have blown past their average first snow dates with nothing but rain this winter.
I believe it's still fall until December 21st. 😉

Batjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sahara, 2002 Landcruiser
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Wrangler Engine Catches Fire, Vehicle Burns 8BCAF4DA-F88D-460E-BE83-FA821982AF29

39951180_e1hiUMjrQwyNWyDj-_PoOA_dVY_en_US_ffffffff_watermark_share.png
Sponsored