Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Willys 2021 2D, Subaru, Ford Ranger, Aluminum Jet Pump Sled
Occupation
Transit Authority Paratransit Operator
I am picking up my Willys this Sunday. I already have $1,000+ of addons I will apply at my leisure. However, the VERY VERY first thing I want to do is wash off the raised white on the tire lettering. It's like a zit I want to pop. Goo Gone
Sponsored

Duluth Diesel

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy’s Sport
I am picking up my Willys this Sunday. I already have $1,000+ of addons I will apply at my leisure. However, the VERY VERY first thing I want to do is wash off the raised white on the tire lettering. It's like a zit I want to pop. Goo Gone
Huh I kinda like the white lettering.

The_Armed_Gardener

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Huh I kinda like the white lettering.
It's retro from the 70s, IMHO. I love retro things from my childhood. I just think mud covering the tires is in my future, not raised white lettering.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
odds are good that lettering's not painted on, but molded in.
you might have better luck painting it over with black, but you'll probably still want to turn the tires around on the wheels so that painted-over letting is on the inside of the wheel instead of the outside.

my issue with it doesn't have anything to do with what era it looks like it's from; J**ps already look like they're from decades gone by. my issue is that it doesn't wear well; it looks pretty crappy after you start wedging against rocks on the trail and rubbing off (parts of) the lettering.

Last edited:

The_Armed_Gardener

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The wife thinks raised lettering is, "way super cool." :lipssealed: I guess I will keep the raised white lettering and when it wear out I will revisit our conversation. I will tell her, " The tire lettering stuck out so far that they popped the tires on a rock and I need bigger tires."

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The white letters are molded in. There is a layer of white rubber under the black, Then the top of the letters are shaved of to allow the white to show. You can take the tires off the wheels and remount them with the black wall side facing out.

303StingGray

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy 2dr
Hello all. Just picked it up a couple weeks back. Coming from a 17 GTI will take a second to get used to. Had an 09 JKU before the gti so it should not take long. Really can’t wait for spring and summer now to hit some trails out here in Colorado. Nice being back in a Jeep. What a difference from my 09.

AA4B445F-6D05-4FE1-BE86-7A06DC0A5524.jpeg

F65EBCDA-BF80-465A-B1E3-2A7051732E61.jpeg

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Nice, welcome and I see you also got the best color!

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Hello all. Just picked it up a couple weeks back. Coming from a 17 GTI will take a second to get used to. Had an 09 JKU before the gti so it should not take long. Really can’t wait for spring and summer now to hit some trails out here in Colorado. Nice being back in a Jeep. What a difference from my 09.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread F65EBCDA-BF80-465A-B1E3-2A7051732E61

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread F65EBCDA-BF80-465A-B1E3-2A7051732E61
Congrats! I have 16 GTI, buying a 2DR sting gray Willys in a few months too!

jttigert

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys
New to Jeep’s and off-roading but very happy with our new 2021 Willys. its already hit the trails and blown through the mud with ease. We originally got her as a dinghy tow for our Winnie and added the sun rider soft top, but now that we‘ve experienced off-roading, some bigger tires and lift are coming soon 😂.

Lookin good! We got our Willys as a dinghy as well. What tow setup did you go with? We haven't set ours up to tow yet. We had Roadmaster on our old Liberty, and thinking of going with them again on the Willys.

Sponsored

drshaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 6MT, 2015 Ody

Wow - this is about the same exact situation we're in. JLU Willys we ordered should be arriving in the next couple of weeks - '16 GTI is getting traded in. And we had a 2011 JKU Sport S before!

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Wow - this is about the same exact situation we're in. JLU Willys we ordered should be arriving in the next couple of weeks - '16 GTI is getting traded in. And we had a 2011 JKU Sport S before!
So weird I have a GTI and trading it for a Willys too!

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Interesting how many guys/ gals who were driving sports cars or sports compacts switch to Jeeps. My last car was a 2015 Focus ST. I have been a Mustang guy all my life but our family interested in adventures which is why I got this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 20201201_111521

drshaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 6MT, 2015 Ody
Interesting how many guys/ gals who were driving sports cars or sports compacts switch to Jeeps. My last car was a 2015 Focus ST. I have been a Mustang guy all my life but our family interested in adventures which is why I got this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 20201201_111521
The GTI was a present to ourselves after Dieselgate. It was a great little car, but the kids are getting bigger, and the ski season lodge 'challenges' kind of meant we needed something bigger to use a as a better parking lot basecamp. ;)
Sponsored