OP

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Flu? what flu? we beat it!
Think for a moment.

Everything we do for COVID prevention is based upon preventing transmission of a virus. Masks, hand washing, hand sanitizer, cleaning, social distancing, all of it applies to all pathogens.

Thus, transmission of all viruses - influenza, even the common cold - should be near zero if people are taking proper COVID precautions.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I agree that fear is not the answer, but this thing is not a joke either. More Americans died of COVID yesterday than on 9-11. And the same happened the day before.

Having said that, at this point Ford is probably using COVID as an excuse to delay Bronco yet again. Dealers and customers had been growing impatient so Ford had to show the vehicle; clearly way before it was ready.

That vehicle has been in development since W was President.
Look at the bright side. Nobody has died of old age in nearly a year.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Yep. And COVID cured cancer. Nobody dies from that anymore. Yehaaaw.

Sam

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
That's what we are being told, but we don't know if those deaths are truly all COVID. At this point i have very little faith in what is coming out of the media and government's mouths. I do agree it's not "nothing", but it's not this end of the world thing it's being made out to be.
Fatal car accident = COVID
Gun shot wound to the head = COVID
Stab wound = COVID
Flu = COVID

To note I know personally (3) people who went for a test, line was too long, they got out of line, self quarantined, got a POSITIVE COVID TEST RESULT. Did I mention they never got a COVID test done?

I also know (1) family were (1) individual died from internal bleeding after an organ malfunctioned. Doctor said so. Some time after receiving the death certificate said COVID. They had to have it changed. Sad.

So I agree, the numbers aren’t right, never have been.

No body will deny the fact that COVID is real. It IS real. However, the numbers are what’s in question. Hard to take something serious when you feel like you’re being lied to. Maybe there is more, maybe there is less who knows at this point.

Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I was hoping to be able to at the very least test drive a Bronco before I bought my new Jeep. Didn’t have the opportunity and it seems like Ford is really hurting themselves in the long run, whether this latest delay is their fault or not.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Seing how preorders are heigh, you are 100% guaranteed not to be able to purchase and receive Bronko in 2021. You might be able to get one in 2022.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Another example of ridiculousness.
The fear narrative is overdone.
Coronavirus. Its time to move on society. It was scary at first but the updated CDC infection fatality rates are so low as not to warrant further economic shutdown/slowdown. What's next? Are we going to do this every year for the flu?
it’s become a convenient excuse. I waited a month for a replacement 8.4 UConnect radio. They blamed COVID. I said, “aren’t they still making hundreds of Jeep’s a day with this same system?”

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was hoping to be able to at the very least test drive a Bronco before I bought my new Jeep. Didn’t have the opportunity and it seems like Ford is really hurting themselves in the long run, whether this latest delay is their fault or not.
I agree with this. Not that I wanted one but I’d be willing to bet you’re not the only one. It was built to compete with the Jeep Wrangler and in the end it will but I feel their timing is off, either that or they’ve planned to wait until Jeep has expended all rounds.. Got me thinking now haha

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
This thread is a HOOT!! The responses made me chuckle. The real reason for the Bronco delay is because those little ponies need time to grow up into Broncos.
This thread is why we don’t allow politics/covid discussion on the Bronco forum lol... every time it gets mentioned it just takes over the entire thread and becomes a cluster-you-know-what.

The delay sucks, from what I’ve heard it is the hard tops and ford has engineers at the plant (the tops are made in Michigan) helping them get everything up and running. A 6 week delay when some have been waiting 25 years is a huge deal... I’ve been talking about it for 4 years. I can wait.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
This thread is why we don’t allow politics on the Bronco forum lol... every time it gets mentioned it just takes over the entire thread.
Good call. Everyone has an opinion on that subject (which is fine) but when it derails an otherwise engaging thread and becomes hostile... at that point dung is flung and those who were otherwise enjoying the topic of discussion now have to sift through the dung to find out the last relevant post and pick up from there.

Re the Bronco delay, I’m okay with them delaying it so that when it releases, it’s fully ready to go. Besides, we’ve already waited this long... what’s a bit more time?

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
This thread is a HOOT!! The responses made me chuckle. The real reason for the Bronco delay is because those little ponies need time to grow up into Broncos.
I'd tell a COVID joke, but 99% of the people wouldn't get it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.