35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
This is the first pic I've seen with a modded turn signal. What did you do to black it out? And it looks like the running lights are different, too.

Sorry to go off-topic, but the amber turn signals and the fender LEDs someone once compared to an old minivan are about the only styling complaints I have about my Jeep.

1990-chevrolet-lumina-minivan-7.jpg

I'd much rather have something like aftermarket JK fender lights:

wrangler-led-daytime-running-lights-78.jpg
Sponsored

tgoss

First Name
Tal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Jeep JLUR
This is the first pic I've seen with a modded turn signal. What did you do to black it out? And it looks like the running lights are different, too.
I had my guys smoke them like we do with tail lights and headlights. (I'm in the auto body and painting business).

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
Mine finally arrived! 6-speed manual, but otherwise loaded. Mopar 2" lift with Toyo Open Country A/T II 35s and Spidertrax 1.75" spacers.

K5XWVtIUQk23FpHtPNm+3g.jpg
So I am waiting on my Rubi ! I already have the lift waiting in the garage. Also am going with 35’s. What made you go with the spacers ? Could you please send me a view of how far the wheel sticks out ? Thank you

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2.5" Rough Country spacer lift, 37x12.5x17 Cooper stt pros and Vision Manx 17x8.5 wheels with 4.75" backspacing.
rk7hvc.jpg

10i8pid.jpg
I have a question for you. Why did you go with a Spacer Lift vs a Suspension Lift? I’m trying to decide if I should go with a Spacer Lift or Suspension Lift.

Sponsored

mrblobbyone

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon Granite Metallic
So I am waiting on my Rubi ! I already have the lift waiting in the garage. Also am going with 35’s. What made you go with the spacers ? Could you please send me a view of how far the wheel sticks out ? Thank you
The spacers were entirely because I like the look of it. My original plan was to use aftermarket wheels, but when I decided to stick with the stock wheels, I picked up the spacers. They stick out a couple inches past the flares.

8Jw1kIUXTZGKtEAYStDZ9w.jpg
TWsHlHg9QHaK7%K5mplWaQ.jpg

Kentpickle

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have a question for you. Why did you go with a Spacer Lift vs a Suspension Lift? I’m trying to decide if I should go with a Spacer Lift or Suspension Lift.
Price and ease of install. I plan on upgrading later to a coil spring suspension lift when more options become available. Evos high clearance long arm kit looks pretty good but i don't think it's available yet, and definitely not in my budget right now.

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
Looks great, I'll have this lift and these tires on in a few days. Going with the Mopar wheels..can't wait.

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
Price and ease of install. I plan on upgrading later to a coil spring suspension lift when more options become available. Evos high clearance long arm kit looks pretty good but i don't think it's available yet, and definitely not in my budget right now.
I'd second this thinking. Right now the aftermarket is a little sparse with lift options. I like the Mopar lift but with all the problems seen on this forum I'm waiting it out. The RC lift is inexpensive and will not alter the ride of the JL much if at all.

Besides, I have run both kinds of lifts on my JK's and the stock amount of wheel travel from a spacer lift seems to not be an issue when you have lockers. Lift a tire? A locker can often compensate. I still will switch to a spring lift in the near future.

Sponsored

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Thanks for responding. It helps me make an informed decision. I’m thinking long term is to go with a suspension lift but wait until the aftermarket products have been throughly tested. For now I’ll go with a spacer lift. I’ve herd about RC spacer lift and I believe it’s a good buy. What do you guys think is the better suspension lift out right now?

Last edited:

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I'd second this thinking. Right now the aftermarket is a little sparse with lift options. I like the Mopar lift but with all the problems seen on this forum I'm waiting it out. The RC lift is inexpensive and will not alter the ride of the JL much if at all.

Besides, I have run both kinds of lifts on my JK's and the stock amount of wheel travel from a spacer lift seems to not be an issue when you have lockers. Lift a tire? A locker can often compensate. I still will switch to a spring lift in the near future.
Thanks for responding. So with the suspension lift will I be able to take my Jeep on some off-road trails without having to worry about wheel travel being an issue? I’ll wait for the aftermarket to catch up but for not I’ll go with a spacer lift.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
Happy to contribute:

Evo 2.5 Boost, shock extensions and drop brackets.
Battle Born Bootlegger Beadlocks 17x9, 3.5" backspacing
Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5

I'm in love with this Jeep.

41171621551_018ac93a04_b.jpg
ThAt is a thing of beauty