Where do you store your pistol / gun?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
In a self-nutrition situation, seconds count when one's daily intake of potassium is on the line.

Custom-made to my specification by @Blkjak using only the finest materials, it securely retains my Gen 3 Musa acuminata without compromising rapid deployment.

Recommended without reservation for all serious operators.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? Banana

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Upgraded my old magnet setup to a new magnet that looks more OEM and blend in better when not being used.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? F20BCE21-072F-4E41-9E7F-7316C409CFFE

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? 7E7CF613-0461-4090-9E9F-07DBE8BAB0C4

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? 57D2813F-3F68-4A20-9366-4376EF892B9B

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? B0DAD5D8-412C-4BA9-B44C-337FB5539B8E

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? DA68AEDB-4E20-45AB-9424-14C927F208AD

Jeep Wrangler JL Where do you store your pistol / gun? 79871300-150A-4D56-9548-DE1A5A9D1A25

Last edited:

Sponsored

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
That’s a great idea what did you take off to place the magnet?
Just removed the plastic cap cover and OEM screw. Then used the magnets (link below) and M6 metric screw from Home Depot. Total cost less than $20. I doubled the magnets back to back for better strength, but had to remove one of the back covers to make it fit more flush with the console material. Then drilled the other back cover of the magnet to get the screw threads through the two magnets. Screwed it in and painted the screw head to blend in.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0815XD8TQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Note: I’ve got a vaultconsole.com lockbox when not driving or take the pistol with me. I wouldn’t leave the pistol unattended on the magnet in a locked car, so no scolding needed.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Totally spot-on, brother, and I thank you for your service! Corrections officers don’t seem to get the respect they deserve.

We have a different qualification range in the Army. I fired the Combat Pistol Qualification Course. It has automatic, small torso-size targets that pop up for a few seconds, controlled and scored by computer. When you hit one, it goes down - if you hit it before it times out, otherwise it drops on its own. The targets range from 10 meters out to 31 meters, and some of the tables have two targets up at once. There are magazine changes during the timed targets. It’s not a bulls-eye range, but those are respectable distances to hit a small green torso in a field of green vegetation. I always fired expert, the top score. There were an amazing amount of Soldiers who bolo’d the range the first few times through. And of course I had to do it with the craptastic Beretta 92 (M9). Currently, the Army is transitioning over to the Sig P320 (M17). Great choice!
I remember running those ranges, also always liked the MOUT training as well. That M92 we used to practice a lot of different technics with that pistol to make us more proficient with it. I never thought of it as a bad weapon when I carried it, sure there were a lot of better options out there but is was an issue weapon. With that being said I made sure everyone who ran through my training prior to quals were very comfortable carrying it.

Deleted member 59498

Right up on the dash, think they had cellphone in mind but it holds M92s well! I bought and Italian Police surplus M92s for about 340.00 great deal and as lottery goes I got a nice one.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I remember running those ranges, also always liked the MOUT training as well. That M92 we used to practice a lot of different technics with that pistol to make us more proficient with it. I never thought of it as a bad weapon when I carried it, sure there were a lot of better options out there but is was an issue weapon. With that being said I made sure everyone who ran through my training prior to quals were very comfortable carrying it.
Right up on the dash, think they had cellphone in mind but it holds M92s well! I bought and Italian Police surplus M92s for about 340.00 great deal and as lottery goes I got a nice one.
Guys, I may be mistaken, but I think you mean M9, not M92. Video games refer to a fantasy-modified M9 as an M92. There IS a real M92, but I doubt y’all fired it on US military ranges. It’s a pistol-modified AK-47. The Beretta 92 is called an M2 by the US military.

Michael, I too ran the M9 ARF range a few times, except I never had enough time or ammo for fam-fire during standard annual qualification to get the Soldiers really comfortable with it. Prior to deployment - yes, there was time and ammo for that. During annual qual though, I was dealing with, among other things, highly-ranked, ”experienced” Soldiers holding he damn things like Charlie’s Angels, up next to their heads, barrel pointing at the sky, with their damn fingers on the trigger while waiting for the range to go hot! 😆

Sponsored

Bran

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Sarge Green
I got those MOLLE bags from MOPAR and keep mine in those on the back of the passenger seat where I can just reach over quickly.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I got those MOLLE bags from MOPAR and keep mine in those on the back of the passenger seat where I can just reach over quickly.
Pics please. I am getting ready to install magnets, but would also consider this.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, I may be mistaken, but I think you mean M9, not M92. Video games refer to a fantasy-modified M9 as an M92. There IS a real M92, but I doubt y’all fired it on US military ranges. It’s a pistol-modified AK-47. The Beretta 92 is called an M2 by the US military.

Michael, I too ran the M9 ARF range a few times, except I never had enough time or ammo for fam-fire during standard annual qualification to get the Soldiers really comfortable with it. Prior to deployment - yes, there was time and ammo for that. During annual qual though, I was dealing with, among other things, highly-ranked, ”experienced” Soldiers holding he damn things like Charlie’s Angels, up next to their heads, barrel pointing at the sky, with their damn fingers on the trigger while waiting for the range to go hot! 😆
Right brother so true is that.... and while at Benning waiting on my second deployment SGM had me running the range and taking all of the non quals to school for proper quals. Wow what a treat that was. :CWL:

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Right brother so true is that.... and while at Benning waiting on my second deployment SGM had me running the range and taking all of the non quals to school for proper quals. Wow what a treat that was. :CWL:
Hahahahaha! Hey brother, was SGM punishing you for something?? ;)

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hahahahaha! Hey brother, was SGM punishing you for something?? ;)
LoL he said there is no way a SFC is just going to sit around and relax waiting on deployment, that I need to be actively engaged. He was a good guy and I had spent a lot of time prior at Benning and he knew that. LoL a group of us was deploying with SOCCENT for a JSOC mission so he made us do PT with the RTB every morning, then had us actively engaged at training troops. I love my country so I do what I can, some look at it as punishment I look at it as another training experience that I can learn from. I am just different that way.
Sponsored