Sponsored

27,829 Jeep Wrangler Sales Sold in March, Most Ever Monthly!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
On a sadder note, how would you like to be that one poor schmuck who’s wife made him buy the one Town and Country who really, really wanted a Rubicon Unlimited? Just because you have a second kid doesn’t mean you need to drive a minivan!!!
He probably wanted to go for the Pacifica but got pulled toward the T&C because it was (very likely) marked down a ton.
Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
The entire Jeep lineup is pretty strong right now, and it's only going to get stronger once the Wagoneer and Scrambler come out.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
and 3000 delivered haha!
Lol. So you’re saying that they may have sold 27,000 units, but 24,000 of them are still sitting in the world’s largest parking lot in Toledo?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
and 3000 delivered haha!
heh, I see what you're saying, but I don't think they're considered sold until they're delivered and paid for.

Sponsored

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
FCA has just released sales figures for March 2018 and it reveals that an incredible 27,829 Jeep Wranglers were sold last month! This represents a 70% jump in sales from March of last year and also makes it the best Wrangler sales month of all time. Wrangler sales constituted 28% of all Jeep brand sales last month.

It's even more impressive when you consider that this was accomplished without fleet sales and almost zero incentives.

As the JK Wrangler is still on sale at dealers, this figure includes both the JK and all new JL Wrangler.

Jeep-Wrangler-Sales-Chart.jpg
I wonder how many of them that they are saying are sold are still stuck at the factory on hold with a problem?
I’m one of hundreds of folks who ordered in January and they have yet to be shipped. In my case my original was put in deep storage KZS and they said it would just be faster it they just build me a new one, this is of course after waiting 90 days. My replacement one is currently in I status. I sure hope it does not get stuck in JB for over a month again like the first order.
I have talked to other guys who’s order has been in KZ going on 60 days.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I wonder how many of them that they are saying are sold are still stuck at the factory on hold with a problem?
I’m one of hundreds of folks who ordered in January and they have yet to be shipped. In my case my original was put in deep storage KZS and they said it would just be faster it they just build me a new one, this is of course after waiting 90 days. My replacement one is currently in I status. I sure hope it does not get stuck in JB for over a month again like the first order.
I have talked to other guys who’s order has been in KZ going on 60 days.
I would say none. Like was said above, I don't think they are counted until they are actually paid for.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
A "sale" is a contract to produce a Wrangler, or build it, pay for it, and drive it off the lot: whether factory or stock sale?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
For those interested...

Method of Determining FCA US LLC's Monthly Sales. FCA US's reported vehicle sales represent unit sales of vehicles to retail customers, deliveries of vehicles to fleet customers and to others such as FCA US'semployees and retirees as well as vehicles used for marketing. Most of these reported sales reflect retail sales made by dealers out of their own inventory of vehicles previously purchased by them from FCA US. Reported vehicle units sales do not correspond to FCA US's reported revenues, which are based on FCA US's sale and delivery of vehicles, and typically recognized upon shipment to the dealer or end customer. As announced on July 26, 2016, FCA US has modified its methodology for monthly sales reporting as follows:

• Sales to retail customers by dealers in the U.S. are derived from the New Vehicle Delivery Report ("NVDR") system and are determined as the sum of (A) all sales recorded by dealers during the month net of all unwound transactions recorded to the end of that month (whether the original sale was recorded in the current month or any prior month); plus (B) all sales of vehicles during that month attributable to past unwinds that had previously been reversed in determining monthly sales (in the current or prior months).
  • Fleet sales are recorded upon the shipment of the vehicle by FCA US to the customer or end user.
  • Other retail sales are recorded either (A) when the sale is recorded in the NVDR system (for sales by dealers in Puerto Rico and limited sales made through distributors that submit NVDRs in the same manner as for sales by U.S. dealers) or (B) upon receipt of a similar delivery notification (for vehicles for which NVDRs are not entered such as vehicles for FCA employees).

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I wonder how many of those are JL vs JK? I alos think that this speaks of the american :flag:public wanting to get away form work and get out and enjoy the open spaces more. :jk: Or is it just me? stuck on my computer writing reports all day>:crying::crying:

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
Wait, does this mean that Jeep made a smart decision to overlap production/sales of the JK and JL? That can’t be right. All the conspiracy theorists told me it was stupid and that no one was buying the JK or the JL. I do think it may lead to the reduction of the JK’s value though...

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Wait, does this mean that Jeep made a smart decision to overlap production/sales of the JK and JL? That can’t be right. All the conspiracy theorists told me it was stupid and that no one was buying the JK or the JL. I do think it may lead to the reduction of the JK’s value though...
It was most definitely a smart move.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
Haha dude I said the same thing but my number was more generous ...
Sponsored