Sponsored

Rock sliders, finally. Armor-Lite from LOD

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
@lodoffroad will there be a 2 door version of the armor-lites in the future? If so any insight into timing you can share? Thx
Sad to say, but I do not expect we will be releasing a 2 door version of this product. Of course if we get a lot of demand that could change.
Sponsored

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Sad to say, but I do not expect we will be releasing a 2 door version of this product. Of course if we get a lot of demand that could change.
Well quick reply and honesty are appreciated, disappointing though :crying:

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
The LOD armor lite sliders are one of the most expensive sliders out there. But then again they are aluminum which is a plus since rust won't be an issue. Overall the install of the sliders was fairly straightforward and they do look and function well. I then ordered the steel skid plates to complete the sliders. While they look well made, I ran into issues right away on getting these mounted.

The skid plates attach via T-nuts that fit into channels in the sliders. Well The T-nuts fit on the passenger side of the Jeep but are too big to fit on the driver side sliders. I contacted the LOD support via email and their overall response amounted to- "The channel may be slightly out of tolerance to fit the t-nut which can happen in the extrusion process. Sending new t-nuts probably won’t work either. You could either grind the t-nut slightly to make it fit, or pop them in with a mallet and then slide them into position?"

Really, this is the response for one of the most expensive complete sliders on the market?? Pretty pathetic response in my opinion. Especially at this price point, I expect things to fit together without issues. And even if one side doesn't fit together, it would be easy enough for them to send some T-Nuts that have been ground down a little. I can verify they are too large to just hammer them into place. Besides, I shouldn't have to do this with such an expensive product but will have the T-nuts ground down. But the pathetic customer support is noted and this will be my last LOD product.

If I were to do it over again, I would have gone with a better brand that has better customer service.
Man that’s a bummer, but I have seen lots of aftermarket stuff and @lodoffroad quality’s hard to beat. I’m tapping my toes in anticipation for my new rear bumper and tire carrier from them, and waiting isn’t a problem for me because I know when I get it it’ll be right.

VS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Ferrari 550, Honda S2000, VW GLI
Alright, I'll admit that I was pretty annoyed about it. To LOD's credit they are being responsive to the issue. Thanks

Hi VS2000,
I assure you we take customer support very seriously! I understand it sucks to receive a product that doesn't quite go together as planned. I believe the idea was to give them a light tap and see if they would pop in the channel. If that doesn't work then we will absolutely send you new t-nuts that will fit. Our objective is generally to get you up an running as soon as possible with your new product because it can sometimes take a while to get special items thru our system. If your still having trouble please reach out to our support again or feel free to send a PM.

Sponsored

Sjbiss

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon 4xe
Is the black textured or smooth?

OP
OP
Formattc

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I'm having an issue with the product and so far no response to my email.

Sponsored

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
There is a slight texture, similar to the coating on a Teflon pan.
just took this photo now, hard to see the texture, but it’s definitely grippy, almost like a grip tape from a skateboard

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock sliders, finally. Armor-Lite from LOD 1258ABAF-540B-4A9B-8162-06B4C0E0B4A4

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
Would you mind sharing what the issue is? Or are you waiting to hear back from LOD first?
I have a question if you don't mind, did you have any problem installing the steel sliders? I used a regular allen wrench and wasn't able to get them tight enough to hold it in place firmly. I'm thinking I need a trip to home depot to get a T-Handle one or something.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Formattc

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I have a question if you don't mind, did you have any problem installing the steel sliders? I used a regular allen wrench and wasn't able to get them tight enough to hold it in place firmly. I'm thinking I need a trip to home depot to get a T-Handle one or something.

Thanks!
They only turn 90° and lock in. Mine held pretty tightly but I ended up having to slide them on and then line them up with the holes, took a bit, about fifteen minutes.
Sponsored