David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I installed Redline hood struts today, very simple install.

IMG_0909.jpeg

IMG_0910.jpeg
@RobAmy,

I also installed the Red Line hood struts yesterday. I did check with Redline as to the how the top brackets should fit on the hood. Specifically whether they should be "centered" in the rectangular opening and if they should be over or under the hood insulation.
The reply was that the brackets should be pushed up all the way to the top and also should be placed UNDER the hood insulation. I thought I would share this here:

1. to push the bracket assembly forward in the slot (towards the front of the hood) while tightening down the bracket assembly. Once the gas spring is attached this is the natural way the bracket will want to move, so this eliminates any movement.
  2. The location of the bracket vs. the hood insulation: As shown in the picture below, we prefer to have the bracket sit below the insulation directly in contact with the metal of the hood skin.
Hopefully you find this helpful! As for me I am headed back out to the garage to readjust mine and see if I can get them under the hood insulation and right up against the hood (as the photo below shows).

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? unnamed

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
@RobAmy,

I also installed the Red Line hood struts yesterday. I did check with Redline as to the how the top brackets should fit on the hood. Specifically whether they should be "centered" in the rectangular opening and if they should be over or under the hood insulation.
The reply was that the brackets should be pushed up all the way to the top and also should be placed UNDER the hood insulation. I thought I would share this here:

1. to push the bracket assembly forward in the slot (towards the front of the hood) while tightening down the bracket assembly. Once the gas spring is attached this is the natural way the bracket will want to move, so this eliminates any movement.
  2. The location of the bracket vs. the hood insulation: As shown in the picture below, we prefer to have the bracket sit below the insulation directly in contact with the metal of the hood skin.
Hopefully you find this helpful! As for me I am headed back out to the garage to readjust mine and see if I can get them under the hood insulation and right up against the hood (as the photo below shows).

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? unnamed
Thanks for the info. I will adjust mine too.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Is that the Voswitch switch kit? Looks like it, but not referenced, so just curious. Nice work.
Yes, this is the Voswitch you see on Amazon. Easy to install. Feels nice with solid clicks on the buttons. Wiring and all the parts seem good. Now I just need to hook stuff up to it. It is certainly cheaper than the Mopar kit and does not hook to your system so no flash needed. (Not as cheap as soldering in some leftover crap from the garage shelf like right jeeps of yore but I guess times are changing...)

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The DV8 bumper "delete" was what I was going to go with until I came across the Motobilt crusher. I felt it was worth it for some extra corner protection. The DV8 looks great though.
Same thought process here, but went with the similarly designed Cavfab Ultra High Clearance bumper. Should have it, and the hinged spare carrier, back from powder coat by later next week.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201206_160941
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201206_161213