mtbjeep

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
When do you hear the noise? I hear a clunk when at low speed and low gear (automatic, maybe around 20 MPH) and I let off gas and then press the gas again. Almost like the transmission mount were loose. I took to dealership and they said transmission was fine and couldn't replicate (BC of course!). Curious if this is the same noise/situation you are describing. Would help me get this looked at while I am still under warranty. I, too, have around 31k.
My noise occurs when I accelerate from a dead stop. There is a definitive "clunk" in the rear end. Most people have said that they hear the noise when the let off the gas at low speed, but mine does not; only when I start from a dead stop.
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Would the diff still work with a broken pin? what's keeping it together if it is broken?
It still operates but will Jack up the internals over time. That’s why they replace your carrier assembly every time. They got out of the business of replacing entire axles because it wasn’t cost effective for them..

jy86206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392 Sarge Green
21' Sport Altitude here, having Selec-trac and LSD (I think they are bundled together). I can hear a subtle clunk when accelerating from a rolling stop, like a stop sign, if the car stops for few seconds I don't hear any clunk when take off. Sometimes I can hear very subtle clunks when it's about to stop. Not a real complaint yet.
Sponsored