Diesel Skid plates.

TomahawkChop

First Name
Jerid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Just got off the phone with Artec Industries and they said they're just waiting to get their Diesel in the shop to do the scan and design. I asked for a ballpark estimate as to when we could expect to see them hit their site for sale and he said that they're expecting to have them ready by the end of the year.
Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Steel or aluminum underarmor. Aluminum is lighter and is capable. Steel is heavy. I might be missing the point here, but isn't the extra weight of the skids going to help the center of gravity stay lower? That 280 pounds, plus or minus, below the axles might make a difference.

Thoughts please.

Mtngreen4wd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR, ‘96 XJ
Just got off the phone with Artec Industries and they said they're just waiting to get their Diesel in the shop to do the scan and design. I asked for a ballpark estimate as to when we could expect to see them hit their site for sale and he said that they're expecting to have them ready by the end of the year.
Funny, I offered them my 3.0D more than a month ago (I live right by their shop) to use as the pattern and they told me they had no intention of making skids for the diesel anytime soon...said they were focusing on Toyota upgrades? Must have changed their tune.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went ahead and bought the MC underarmor for the diesel. I also got the rear diff skid plate. Because my Rubicon isn't lifted yet I was advised not to get the front diff cover or the FAD cover as well as the relocate for the steering stabilizer. Apparently unless you are lifted there will be issues. I was told to expect the delivery in 3 to 4 weeks. I will post when they arrive.

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
Really hoping to see a slightly cheaper option comes out for the 3.0, in Canada a Skid for the 3.,0 will run me 3K. Hurts a bit. But well worth the protection.

Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The MC underarmor for the diesel isn't cheap, however you get what you pay for. To me it's money well spent.

NW_Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I went ahead and bought the MC underarmor for the diesel. I also got the rear diff skid plate. Because my Rubicon isn't lifted yet I was advised not to get the front diff cover or the FAD cover as well as the relocate for the steering stabilizer. Apparently unless you are lifted there will be issues. I was told to expect the delivery in 3 to 4 weeks. I will post when they arrive.
Does MC cover as much as the others available? Seems like there wasn’t much to it

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does MC cover as much as the others available? Seems like there wasn’t much to it
Honestly I don't know. The armor looks good and from what I have been told, the system is solid. At some point you need to make a considered choice and follow through with it. MC has a good reputation and quality product. Time will tell how it goes.

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered this def skidplate...
I got the same one 2-3 months ago. They are well built. You could jack up the rear of your Jeep with it and it doesn’t bend. I plan on calling this week to see if there oil pan skid plates are done yet. They did a prototype and if you look at the orange Jeep in the video you referenced, you can catch a glimpse of it.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Funny, I offered them my 3.0D more than a month ago (I live right by their shop) to use as the pattern and they told me they had no intention of making skids for the diesel anytime soon...said they were focusing on Toyota upgrades? Must have changed their tune.
I called them a few weeks ago and asked if they were going to make them.

They said they just finished scanning the underbelly of their 3.0 EcoDiesel and were making a skid system for it.

They don’t expect it to be out until Spring 2021 at the earliest which probably means Summer 2021 is more realistic.

That said I can’t wait for them to come out and hope I don’t bash an oil pan or transmission or some other critical components while I’m patiently waiting for them to come out ... @Artec

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I asked at Artec last week when picking up FAD and LCA skids. They say they just got their diesel in less than a month ago and are in design process now. Hopefully release aluminum skid system in a couple months (spring sometime).

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Does anyone have a photo of the underside of your or a JL EcoDiesel minus the skid plates? Preferably on a lift so I can get a full shot of the undercarriage and all its parts exposed? Well exposed as it comes from the factory.

Sorry, kinda off topic, but I see photos in here of the underbelly and can't seem to find them anywhere else short of seriously angled shots. Nothing looking straight up. :P Thx if so, no worries if not. ;)

bryan8379

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Next Venture Motorsports has an aluminum skid system in the works for the 3.0, ETA of Feb '21 according to their website.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Next Venture Motorsports has an aluminum skid system in the works for the 3.0, ETA of Feb '21 according to their website.
Which means they will maybe be able to sell you one by next thanksgiving LOL

Seriously I bought some of their aluminum corners in September and I’m still waiting for them. Their website said they would ship in November. I’ve called and emailed several times and just keep getting the run around.

It’s a real bummer

BAKNBLK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT diesel
FYI the RockHard Al skids will NOT work with any suspension that actually has droop. Just tried installing on a 2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel using a 3.5' MC lift. The front drive shaft will hit the skid cross member when the suspension is fully drooped. I'm sure it would also happen fully flexed.
Sponsored