Sponsored

NEW UNLIMITED quality issues - Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't

Mark4926

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited
Just had a new 2021 unlimited delivered last night. Once it was light out this morning i began looking over the vehicle only to notice some issues. This is a brand new JEEP and i never expected to see this poor quality come out from them. Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't.
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't jeep6
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't jeep6
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't jeep4
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't jeep3
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't jeep2
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't jeep1
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't jeep5
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't jeep5
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't jeep4
I have already contacted the dealership. Any other suggestions?
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't jeep3
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't jeep2
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't jeep1
Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
The paint issues are kinda hard to see for me, but those scuffs on the front bumper are bad. That’s worth a call to get replaced if you just took delivery.

TJHUB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Your dealer did a shit job prepping that for delivery. Not impressive at all. I'd be very unhappy with them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mark4926

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited
The paint issues are kinda hard to see for me, but those scuffs on the front bumper are bad. That’s worth a call to get replaced if you just took delivery.
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW UNLIMITED quality issues -  Scuffs on bumpers, paint issues under hood, some bolts painted some aren't 21BD3DE4-F5BA-4589-88E7-62E60DDC3CF5

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
OP
OP

Mark4926

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited
Did you do a walkaround before delivery? While most of the imperfections would need a closer inspection, I would think that those bumper scuffs would have stood out.

I rear-ended someone in my JK and had MUCH less damage. Look at the other car here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ng-on-ordering-the-steel-bumper-option.44772/ Pay particular attention to the 2nd paragraph.
Dealer delivered to my home and it was dark and rainy. Came out the next morning to do my walk around

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
This looks like a pissed off assembly worker's version of "keying your car", but he did a very thorough job. I am usually not that guy, but I'd ask for a new Jeep. You are looking at the cosmetics; I'd also be concerned with the mechanicals.

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
That’s just unacceptable all the way around. I’ve bought 3 new Wranglers since 2012, none had issues like that for a new vehicle. The Dealer will need to make good I suppose, but it will always be on your mind. How was this delivered? Bolts unpainted, bumper, looks like somebody tried to work on some hidden damage?

O'Doyle

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Digital Customer Service Manager
The Hood Hinge bolts are painted from the factory- The Cowl Bolts you've taken a photo of are black oxide coated from the factory and arent meant to come body color.

It looks like your Jeep had a rough ride on the transporter- Dealer should be able to repair/replace your bumpers and look at the scuffing and chip under the hood.

OP
OP

Mark4926

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited
I can see why the bumper would be all scuffed up due to poor transport handling, but WTF happened here?
but the bumper looks placed there Too uniform like they had adhesive on it

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I went to go pick up a new 2020 JLU sport after seeing it. The paperwork was done a few days before and they said they would detail and clean it before I picked it up since it had been sitting in their dirt lot. They didn't detail it the way I wanted to where the bumper had weird marks on it and it was nowhere near what yours was. The rubber around the windows was also super dull. I didn't even want to take delivery on that one and had them cancel my purchase since I wasn't going to take delivery until I felt like I was getting a "brand new " vehicle if that is what I was paying for.

If yours was delivered to me I'd want a replacement for sure.
Sponsored