Sponsored

Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport

BCeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlmited JL
Great thread everyone. Ordering the OEM parts now to get this done. Why does the recommended front left door actuator (68250661AC) cost over 3X the price of the other 3 doors? Can I go with this 68456863AA model instead which is 1/3 the price?

Mydaughtersjeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep jl
Great thread everyone. Ordering the OEM parts now to get this done. Why does the recommended front left door actuator (68250661AC) cost over 3X the price of the other 3 doors? Can I go with this 68456863AA model instead which is 1/3 the price?
Wondering that too, or part number
68456863AA

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Wondering that too, or part number
68456863AA
I think as years go by part numbers change when revisions are made. I’m sure not much could have changed with door lock actuators. AA are usually the first run parts, then AB, AC etc at least for most of them. I’m pretty sure you can use the originals.

Coho

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport JL 2019 3.6L 2Dr
Hi,

It's a double edge sword, I didn't wanted to just post and give away the item and lose the opportunity to buy it.
I just got these on eBay I saw the vehicle it came from was totaled in the front.

68250661AC
and 68282954AA

The vendor was selling the whole assembly so I hope these will work, if not then I just wasted some time and cash!

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport s-l500 (1)

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport s-l500

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport s-l1600 (1)

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport s-l1600 (2)

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport s-l1600

So I am planning to install it on a 2019 2 doors. I am presuming that these have all I need (even more than I need to complete the job) I opted for used part to lower the overall cost since the driver's door actuator is the most expensive part.

After reading the entire thread I am still unsure if the OEM method @RubenZ used needs some extra holes and plastic cuts like we see in @AgentRice video (based out of the A1electric kit it appears that kit comes with a template requiring some drilling and install the actuator on the structure of the door. At 5:00minutes in the video )

So is the actuator motor of the A1 electric a part that is actually integrated in the OEM which is why RubenZ did not have to drill the holes and all?
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport template

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport Actuator2

This two pictures above are only for the A1Electric kit right?

Thanks!

Ben

Sponsored

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link

Tpjack

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL two door
Some are door switch return. Door sensors that tell c9mputer door is open.

Thanks for the fantastic “how to guide”. Would you happen to have the wiring schematic for the tailgate latch? I have the six pin version(see photo), and wanted to make sure I tap into the right two To add power lock/unlock.

image.jpg

SmilesPerGallon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
Did they make any extra plugs to remove and when taking doors on and off or does it run through the factory harness.

JCJohnson

First Name
JED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
S

thank you for posting this! Have you had any issues after installing the alarm and power doors? Like with the brain of the Jeep? My local Audio/ alarm shops are telling me that they’re is some programming that needs to done in order for the brain of the Jeep to recognize the alarm and power locks.
Does anyone know if there is a shop near Concord, CA that could install this?

skleiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sport S JL - Sting Grey
Having some trouble removing my window crank.... Any ideas to help? Thanks!

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Having some trouble removing my window crank.... Any ideas to help? Thanks!
It's a super pain in the ass.. at least without the correct tool. If you push on the door card where the base of the window crank handle is, you should be able to reveal enough "working room" and see a glint of the metal from the U-shaped wire clip holding the crank onto the shaft. The legs of the U-clip should be facing away from the handle - you insert a u-shaped removal tool to push on the legs of the clip to free it. I was able to do this with a metal trim removal tool, like this one:
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport 1629308871032

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I just wired up power locks & mirrors on my full doors using parts from a donor half-door (the half-door is now using the parts from my manual full door). It seemed to make more sense for my full doors to have power-stuff and the half doors to be all manual (especially considering you can reach in and unlock a half door or reach out and adjust the side mirror - at least the driver's side). Thanks to everyone for the information on doing this! I'm going to use a MoboKey device to control the door locks so I won't have to carry a keyless entry remote - you can have it lock and unlock as you approach/depart using phone proximity.

For anyone interested in power mirrors - it's super simple and doesn't require anything with the vehicle computer. Obviously, you need to get some power mirrors, the driver's side interior handle that has the power mirror control switch, and door wiring harnesses with provisions for power mirrors. Since I took these parts off of a donor half-door, I don't have the correct part numbers for a full door. What I ended up with is pretty ugly - It fit, but I just kind of stuffed it in there, nothing's using those internal disconnects like the legit harness.

Anyhoo, once you get the door wired for power mirrors, on the body side of things you just supply +12v to pin 13 on the driver's disconnect plug (XY600A), supply ground to pin 12 on that plug (if it's not already grounded), then run three wires from pins 11, 14 & 24 between XY600A and XY650A (the passenger's door disconnect) - you could run these under the dash, etc. That should be it. I haven't wired up the passenger's side yet, but based on the wire diagrams, that's all it should take. I bench tested my driver's door and it worked flawlessly - I just supplied +12v to pin 13 and -12v to pin 12 with the door disconnected from the Jeep and everything works.

If you use mirrors/wiring harnesses that are equipped with blind spot monitoring, you can supply +12v to pin 21 on the door disconnects to turn on that indicator light for whatever you'd like... an aftermarket blind spot monitoring device or wire it up to your turn signal to use as a reminder that you left your blinker on.

The mirror defroster is +12v to pin 2 on either door disconnects, but I have no need for that so I'm skipping it.

angad421

First Name
angad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 unlimited wrangler willy sport
@RubenZ

can you please confirmthe automative wires you ordered. I am seeing multiple 20gauge wires but not sure what voltage rating to look fkr

FK8_Hoonigan

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport, 2021 Civic Type R
Im looking to do this power lock mod soon. I ordered all the actuators few days ago. I noticed by car side of the hearness is missing a lot of wires. my 18 Unl Sport is very bare bones as far as wiring goes. I was hoping to get the wiring repair kits so i could use them pins, but it seems either no one really carries them or are way to expensive.

Anyone for the name/model of the pins we could source online to utilize the existing door harness plugs? Was hoping to make this all as OEM as possible.