dloreski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 & Honda Civic
Hello Willys owners!
I'm new to Jeep, will be new to Willys/Wrangler/new to this forum....but I did post in the general thread where to post Willys specific topics.

Learned to shift on a Jeep 55 years ago...looks they've changed a bit.

Currently in negotiations with a dealer, should be an owner within a month. Was hell bent on going the order route through a dealer but found almost everything 100 miles away. Emotion said Sarge Green but logic told me Sting Grey would look cleaner easier.

I have two questions please.
1. Will this tire work on my 2021 Willys out of box without lift or spacers. We use a smaller version on a camper van it is has saved us many times.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=875SR7KO2
I'd like to go as big as possible on the 17s without lift or spacing.

2. Even though I live in the southeast U.S. the last two days haven't cracked the freezing mark, we live at 4000 feet and currently there is 8 inches of snow in my driveway.
What to expect from the diesel engine in the cold?
I will get getting remote start and will add an engine block heater when I can find one that is approved by Jeep on the diesel model.

Why a Willys? Seemed like a perfect compromise between the upper tiers and the lower ones. I'm more on function and won't be rock crawling....just the ability to deal with 8-12 inches of snow would be nice. The wife is also do another vehicle in a bit less than a year and she's going Subaru outback; so between the Willys and the Subaru we should be able to get out most of the time if abs. necessary.

Thanks for letting me enter the Jeep world-very excited!
Robert
Curious about the tire size question.
I had mixed feeling about the way mine drove with the MT's in the snow.
Thinking about going KO2 and a little bigger.
Sponsored

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
@MedicineMan4040 Congrats on soon becoming a Willys owner! Not sure on your questions, other will chime in. But I wanted to say congrats!

Like you (and I assume just about everybody else on this forum), I feel like the Willys is the perfect combo without having to break the bank. I am actually a little surprised I don't see more Willys' on the road. Just seems like such a good balance.

I wanted the Sarge Green, but our daughter gave us the stink eye over it, so we went with Sting Gray also. Love it. It really is a great color!
Thanks Gunner. Appreciated. I feel welcome already and hope to visit here a lot as I progress toward some minor mods (are new tires right off the bat a mod? haha!).

We (the wife and I) did a campervan build two years ago (still use it) and if bored-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/157308015@N03/albums/72157694468292914
So we're used to modding ;) Not as many for the Jeep though, just seems so right out of the box minus me wanting a bit more serious tires and a roof rack (already studying the hugely expensive Gobi).

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
Curious about the tire size question.
I had mixed feeling about the way mine drove with the MT's in the snow.
Thinking about going KO2 and a little bigger.
I won't know for a month. Even if the size I asked about doesn't fit there is a KO2 that will. Our camper is front wheel drive (Promaster) and we've gotten into much that would have sunk us with the stock Continentals it came with, not so with the KO2. I'm a big fan....heck even the ride was better.

Raz65

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Congrats on your soon to be Willys. I have one on order to replace my 2012 Rubicon. I can't advise on the tire size that will fit but I'll offer my opinion on tire size for snow.
I drive in snow 6 months of the year and have 285/70R17 Duratracs on my 2012. I think they're wider than ideal for deeper snow, slush, and ruts. The Jeep gets tossed around and have trouble steering in the deeper stuff I'd recommend something more like the stock Willys size for winter driving. I'm hoping to get another set of wheels and larger tires eventually for summer driving but that may be down the road a bit.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
If your primary concern is snow, the Falken Wildpeak AT with the W3 rating would be great or anything with the W3 rating. I use it as my daily tire with the 37" and love the tire.

Sponsored

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
Congrats on your soon to be Willys. I have one on order to replace my 2012 Rubicon. I can't advise on the tire size that will fit but I'll offer my opinion on tire size for snow.
I drive in snow 6 months of the year and have 285/70R17 Duratracs on my 2012. I think they're wider than ideal for deeper snow, slush, and ruts. The Jeep gets tossed around and have trouble steering in the deeper stuff I'd recommend something more like the stock Willys size for winter driving. I'm hoping to get another set of wheels and larger tires eventually for summer driving but that may be down the road a bit.
Thanks Raz.
My mindset is the KO2 for everyday everywhere driving, but for deep winter (we get 3+ months of it here) a dedicated set of steel wheels and studded tires. In fact I'd put them on now and leave them on until mid-March then sub back to the KO2. For the studded I can see a skinnier tire having some advantages.
Our state laws on studded snow tires are good. Just checked two weeks ago, October through April. Not like anybody would ever stop and check where I live though. I've seen one sheriff in the last two years my way.

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
If your primary concern is snow, the Falken Wildpeak AT with the W3 rating would be great or anything with the W3 rating. I use it as my daily tire with the 37" and love the tire.
Thanks Sboden. I'm game for any possibles. Snow and ice be darned!

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys 4dr JL and 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr JL
Hello Willys owners!
I'm new to Jeep, will be new to Willys/Wrangler/new to this forum....but I did post in the general thread where to post Willys specific topics.

Learned to shift on a Jeep 55 years ago...looks they've changed a bit.

Currently in negotiations with a dealer, should be an owner within a month. Was hell bent on going the order route through a dealer but found almost everything 100 miles away. Emotion said Sarge Green but logic told me Sting Grey would look cleaner easier.

I have two questions please.
1. Will this tire work on my 2021 Willys out of box without lift or spacers. We use a smaller version on a camper van it is has saved us many times.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=875SR7KO2
I'd like to go as big as possible on the 17s without lift or spacing.

2. Even though I live in the southeast U.S. the last two days haven't cracked the freezing mark, we live at 4000 feet and currently there is 8 inches of snow in my driveway.
What to expect from the diesel engine in the cold?
I will get getting remote start and will add an engine block heater when I can find one that is approved by Jeep on the diesel model.

Why a Willys? Seemed like a perfect compromise between the upper tiers and the lower ones. I'm more on function and won't be rock crawling....just the ability to deal with 8-12 inches of snow would be nice. The wife is also do another vehicle in a bit less than a year and she's going Subaru outback; so between the Willys and the Subaru we should be able to get out most of the time if abs. necessary.

Thanks for letting me enter the Jeep world-very excited!
Robert
Welcome. I think you’ll love your Willys, I love mine. And I almost ordered the Sting Grey. I’ve loved that color since Harley’s CVO had a similar color. But then I saw the Sarge Green. Only saw it on the computer before ordering it. It is so much better in person. Love my Willys and love my Sarge Green.

65E6D268-1AB6-4287-8C81-BD027DBD365E.jpeg

6CD7C89C-914F-415D-92BA-79069E490501.jpeg

Gio

First Name
Gio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP CHEROKEE LIMITED. 2021JEEP WRANGLER WILLYS
This appears to be the more appropriate forum to post these (Pictures previously posted). I've been a long time owner of Chevy trucks. Back in the 1900's I had a 2 door Tahoe Sport and moved into the full sized crew cab pickup scene. My wife and I used to compete in protection dog tournaments across the upper mid-west and we needed a full sized bed for the dogs and kennels, plus room for the kids. I drove my last truck, a 2008 Crew-Cab 2500 for 13 years and loved it. I sold it to a friend because we wanted a change and a new vehicle.

Initially I was looking at the Chevy Colorado ZR2 because I wanted a smaller truck yet something rugged. We no longer compete in dog sport trials and the kids are older and don't travel with us much. Our little pit bull doesn't take up much space either. We really like my wife's Jeep Cherokee and she suggested I look into Wranglers.

End of story. I/We love our new Willys.
aixJM4U.jpg

We are planning on getting involved in some off roading adventures and enjoying some camping with this beauty.
fANlXcO.jpg

We went for the Mopar 2" lift and 35" Toyo AT2 Extremes on the Mopar Performance wheels right out of the shoot. The only other mods are increased window tint and the 2 decal stickers on the back window,

I'll add a cargo bed liner and we have the door sill guards.

EXBtVRE.jpg

I can't attest to how it rides stock, but I'm happy with the ride quality post lift and tires up to this point.

We really like this model.

mefRegV.jpg

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
This appears to be the more appropriate forum to post these (Pictures previously posted). I've been a long time owner of Chevy trucks. Back in the 1900's I had a 2 door Tahoe Sport and moved into the full sized crew cab pickup scene. My wife and I used to compete in protection dog tournaments across the upper mid-west and we needed a full sized bed for the dogs and kennels, plus room for the kids. I drove my last truck, a 2008 Crew-Cab 2500 for 13 years and loved it. I sold it to a friend because we wanted a change and a new vehicle.

Initially I was looking at the Chevy Colorado ZR2 because I wanted a smaller truck yet something rugged. We no longer compete in dog sport trials and the kids are older and don't travel with us much. Our little pit bull doesn't take up much space either. We really like my wife's Jeep Cherokee and she suggested I look into Wranglers.

End of story. I/We love our new Willys.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread mefRegV

We are planning on getting involved in some off roading adventures and enjoying some camping with this beauty.

We went for the Mopar 2" lift and 35" Toyo AT2 Extremes on the Mopar Performance wheels right out of the shoot. The only other mods are increased window tint and the 2 decal stickers on the back window,

I'll add a cargo bed liner and we have the door sill guards.

I can't attest to how it rides stock, but I'm happy with the ride quality post lift and tires up to this point.

We really like this model.

Lift and Tire size? good looking Jeep!

Reactions: Gio

Sponsored

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys

Gio

First Name
Gio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lift and Tire size? good looking Jeep!
Hi,
I have that info in the post, its hiding after one of the photos.

Tires are 35" Toyo AT2 Extremes and the lift is the Mopar 2" from the dealer.

I like the tires but I'm very interested in how the Toyo AT3's do. I've read they perform better in the snow.

Thanks for the nice comment on the Willys!

Gio

First Name
Gio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DMC, Gio, both green and white look great.
In fact to me all the colors look great on the Willys.

Gio since you lifted would you happen to know if these tires will work on my Willys without lift or spacing-
I'm not very knowledgeable on these subjects and I'm sure there are a great many here that can point you in a better direction than I can.

We replaced the Willys wheels with the Mopar Performance wheels to fit the 35's. The dealer would not put the tires on the stock wheels. We kept the original wheels and tires though.

The dealer did recalibrate the speedometer for us and it is spot on.

I imagine you'd be OK without a lift. We don't have spacers as we went with a wider wheel.

I wish I could help more with the question but I'm brand new to this.

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
I have 285/70 KO2s on mine and they are fine. However, from memory, the 285/75 is a full inch taller and I think they would rub when stuffed. My opinion based on my Jeep.

Info for Minuteman40......

Reactions: Gio

dloreski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 & Honda Civic
I have 285/70 KO2s on mine and they are fine. However, from memory, the 285/75 is a full inch taller and I think they would rub when stuffed. My opinion based on my Jeep.
Do you have a side shot to see how it looks?
Sponsored