Willys Edition JL Club Thread

Raz65

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Just joined the Willys club last night. 2 door, 6 cyl, 6 speed manual and the premium soft top. I'm hoping the soft top works well for me during the cold North Dakota winters. This is the Jeep I wanted to order, but the practical side of me said to get the Gladiator and an automatic trans. After 3 weeks of second guessing myself, I decided to sell my Mustang convertible and side by side and ordered my Jeep toy - The Deuce (the Jeep Jeep). Looking forward to some fun in this thing!!
20201117-02.jpg
20201117-09.jpg
Love your Willys, I have one just like it including the 6 speed on the way. Only difference is I got the hardtop.
Sponsored

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
Love your Willys, I have one just like it including the 6 speed on the way. Only difference is I got the hardtop.
The soft top has a bit more wind noise than I expected as it has a rather large gap without any velcro where it opens up for the sun rider top function, but I usually drive with the windows down (and now will have the top open) so wind noise doesn't really matter - at least in the non-winter months. I'm loving the 6 speed.
I hope the wait for your Jeep is short and you start having fun soon. Good luck!

Raz65

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
The soft top has a bit more wind noise than I expected as it has a rather large gap without any velcro where it opens up for the sun rider top function, but I usually drive with the windows down (and now will have the top open) so wind noise doesn't really matter - at least in the non-winter months. I'm loving the 6 speed.
I hope the wait for your Jeep is short and you start having fun soon. Good luck!
I was curious about the new soft tops. I have the dual tops on my 2012 Rubicon but decided to just do the hardtop this time. Summers are pretty short here so the hardtop made sense.
Yep, fingers crossed it gets here soon, can't wait!

Sponsored

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Jumped a wire from the halo light to the fender light and changed the fender lights to oracle switchbacks. Now they turn on when the halo turns on.

Will probably look better in the evening
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 02E7C899-F9B7-4299-A80A-B7F5B172017A
Where did you put the wire, great idea!

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Hey guys, I never noticed this thread before. Stopping by to say hi.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 20201025_132857

Here's my black 2021. Pretty optioned out, upgraded stereo and all. Just wish it had proximity locks. I also wish the door lock buttons inside were in a different location, as I'm constantly hitting them with my knee. Owned for about 5 weeks now, 2k miles on it and no issues.

fsusp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher, Golf Coach
New to the site. This will be my first Wrangler I’ve ever owned. As a kid/teen we had Jeep Cherokees when I lived in Vermont. This was back in the 80s. I have very fond memories of those cars—I was a big downhill skier at the time and I don’t remember ever having any issues getting to the slopes on a snow day!

Anyway, I ordered a Jeep Wrangler Willy 4dr on 11/16. Opted for:
White—my daughter really wanted this color
V6
Sun and sound
Tech group
Safety group
Cold weather group.

I asked my dealer for the vin today and supposedly my Jeep is scheduled to ship tomorrow! I was not expecting it until mid January.

Fingers crossed. We will primarily use it as a Toad. I opted for the auto for my wife’s convenience and my son is about to get his permit. Keeping it simple—for them.

This site has been awesome so far. Thank you! đź‘Š

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired
New to the site. This will be my first Wrangler I’ve ever owned. As a kid/teen we had Jeep Cherokees when I lived in Vermont. This was back in the 80s. I have very fond memories of those cars—I was a big downhill skier at the time and I don’t remember ever having any issues getting to the slopes on a snow day!

Anyway, I ordered a Jeep Wrangler Willy 4dr on 11/16. Opted for:
White—my daughter really wanted this color
V6
Sun and sound
Tech group
Safety group
Cold weather group.

I asked my dealer for the vin today and supposedly my Jeep is scheduled to ship tomorrow! I was not expecting it until mid January.

Fingers crossed. We will primarily use it as a Toad. I opted for the auto for my wife’s convenience and my son is about to get his permit. Keeping it simple—for them.

This site has been awesome so far. Thank you! đź‘Š
First congratulations. May I ask, why the cold weather group when living in Fla.?! What is a 'Toad'?

Sponsored

fsusp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher, Golf Coach
First congratulations. May I ask, why the cold weather group when living in Fla.?! What is a 'Toad'?
A Toad is a vehicle one uses to flat tow behind their RV.

I got the Cold weather package for two reasons:
1. I love heated seats on my back after a long day, after working out, or after golfing. I use heated seats on a very regular basis—even in the summer
2. I live in N Florida and it can get in the 30s periodically. I know that is nothing compared to other areas, but having purposely moved away from Vermont, I cannot stand the cold anymore. đź‘Š

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired
A Toad is a vehicle one uses to flat tow behind their RV.

I got the Cold weather package for two reasons:
1. I love heated seats on my back after a long day, after working out, or after golfing. I use heated seats on a very regular basis—even in the summer
2. I live in N Florida and it can get in the 30s periodically. I know that is nothing compared to other areas, but having purposely moved away from Vermont, I cannot stand the cold anymore. đź‘Š
Certainly makes sense. I'm the same way but with heat. My Jeep Liberty had heated seats and I think I used them once, when the heat wasn't working!
Toad, I learned something new today, it's a good day.
Now the wait!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
Hello Willys owners!
I'm new to Jeep, will be new to Willys/Wrangler/new to this forum....but I did post in the general thread where to post Willys specific topics.

Learned to shift on a Jeep 55 years ago...looks they've changed a bit.

Currently in negotiations with a dealer, should be an owner within a month. Was hell bent on going the order route through a dealer but found almost everything 100 miles away. Emotion said Sarge Green but logic told me Sting Grey would look cleaner easier.

I have two questions please.
1. Will this tire work on my 2021 Willys out of box without lift or spacers. We use a smaller version on a camper van it is has saved us many times.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...reModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=875SR7KO2
I'd like to go as big as possible on the 17s without lift or spacing.

2. Even though I live in the southeast U.S. the last two days haven't cracked the freezing mark, we live at 4000 feet and currently there is 8 inches of snow in my driveway.
What to expect from the diesel engine in the cold?
I will get getting remote start and will add an engine block heater when I can find one that is approved by Jeep on the diesel model.

Why a Willys? Seemed like a perfect compromise between the upper tiers and the lower ones. I'm more on function and won't be rock crawling....just the ability to deal with 8-12 inches of snow would be nice. The wife is also do another vehicle in a bit less than a year and she's going Subaru outback; so between the Willys and the Subaru we should be able to get out most of the time if abs. necessary.

Thanks for letting me enter the Jeep world-very excited!
Robert

GunnarAZ

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Willys 2 Door
Occupation
Real Estate
@MedicineMan4040 Congrats on soon becoming a Willys owner! Not sure on your questions, other will chime in. But I wanted to say congrats!

Like you (and I assume just about everybody else on this forum), I feel like the Willys is the perfect combo without having to break the bank. I am actually a little surprised I don't see more Willys' on the road. Just seems like such a good balance.

I wanted the Sarge Green, but our daughter gave us the stink eye over it, so we went with Sting Gray also. Love it. It really is a great color!
Sponsored