Sponsored

Does Anyone Have Any Questions About Manufacturer Backed Extended Warranties?

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
No. I dumped that Jeep at a Toyota dealership.

Now that I am back in a Wrangler, I still refuse to give any significant business to that Jeep dealer. And Mopar is now one among many brands I will consider.
Omg sounds like my situation. I had a wrangler and new Cherokee in the dealership for months on end. When I finally had enough, I drove the Cherokee straight from the Jeep dealership to the Toyota dealership. Was out of the Jeep game for almost 5 years.
Sponsored

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
Now I would suggest a Mopar warranty because it is the only manufacturer-backed warranty you can purchase, however going directly through Mopar might not be the best decision. The reason behind this is that Mopar is actually required by law to sell their warranties for full-blown MSRP. To avoid paying full retail and allowing yourself to save a few thousand dollars you're going to want to either go through a dealership (be careful), or through a third party company who is authorized to sell the extended warranties (such as ourselves).

To kind of get an idea of what is/isn't covered you can go here and take a look at that page, also click the Download PDF button to get a list of the 5,000+ covered components under the plan. You will find a specific section on that PDF detailing the Diesel engine in its entirety.
Thanks, I didn't realize the factory warranties were sold through third parties. I looked through the documentation and could not find anything specific to diesel or exhaust system. The PDF was just the brochure and the list of components does not seem to specify diesel components.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Mopar is the only? At my CDJR dealership in CA, the only extended warranty I was offered was a 6 year/72,000mile extended warranty called “Ally Premier Protect - Major Guard” and it can only by used at Jeep dealerships.

So is this not the Mopar extended warranty?

Now I’m confused and very concerned.
Correct that is not a factory backed plan. Ally is not Mopar/FCA

CDJR dealers are not restricted to only selling Mopar plans. They are allowed to sell whatever they want

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
Do you resell Mopar warranties for Jeep’s sold in Australia?

My 2020 JLUR 2.2 TD has only a five year warranty, with so many electronics and the stop start on the diesel I would like an extended warranty.

Was only offered a third party warranty, but didn’t cover items I was interested in.

thanks for taking questions!
CaptStarboard

Sponsored

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are just a 3rd party reseller of mopar warranties. You are not in any other way associated with mopar. I think the name may be confusing some people, and they believe they are speaking to a mopar representive.

Dc7o2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
I purchased the 8y/100k mile extended warranty but then cancelled it shortly after I read the fine print under what modifications would void my warranty such as oversized/undersized tires! Who doesn’t want to at least throw 35’s on their jeep!? Let’s say my power train or transmission starts having issues, who’s to say a dealer won’t cover repairs due to “larger” tires?

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
If you are purchasing from a dealership than absolutely, if you are unsure of what kind of prices you should be aiming for you can go to the Instant Quote tool on our website here, dealerships do tend to mark their prices up between $1,000-$2,000
The instant quote tool actually quoted a higher price than I was quoted at the dealer (and I’m still below 12,000 miles now). I was told that the finance guys make most of their money selling extended warranties, because the warranties have a very large profit margin, so the finance guys often discount the warranties if they need to to make a sale. Is that accurate?

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition
Is the Mopar extended warranty transferable to a new owner, or is it only for original owner?

yngrshr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO
Can you explain a bit how Mopar Extended X works?

Sponsored

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
As good as the extended warranty looks on paper, I prefer to stay out. When I tried to get the TSB for my steering on my 2020 JLU Sport, the dealers, @JeepCares , Jeep Wave and Mopar all gave their backs on my because of my lift.

I felt so discriminated because I had a Non-mopar lift (Terafex), I even got snark comments from the Jeep Wave guy that told me (GO BUY A BRONCO) :facepalm: and a Threat from the Manager in the in the Dealership (WE ARE GOING TO VOID YOUR WHOLE WARRANTY) :swear:.

Either way, I was so upset that I just gave up and decided to deal with the crazy steering box. Then I found out the new 2021s came with the new steering box, so I decided to upgrade to JLU Rubicon.

I ended up removing the suspension from the JLU Sport and installing the same exact one on the new JLU Rubicon, and SURPRISE SURPRISE, my Steering Problems are completely gone, even though everyone I mentioned above blamed it on the Lift that I had.

Now with this experience, I know where not to take my Jeep for warranty work, and not to have high expectations from Jeep Wave, Mopar or @JeepCares . They are not your friends, as soon as they face a wall, they will give their back on you.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
As good as the extended warranty looks on paper, I prefer to stay out. When I tried to get the TSB for my steering on my 2020 JLU Sport, the dealers, @JeepCares , Jeep Wave and Mopar all gave their backs on my because of my lift.

I felt so discriminated because I had a Non-mopar lift (Terafex), I even got snark comments from the Jeep Wave guy that told me (GO BUY A BRONCO) :facepalm: and a Threat from the Manager in the in the Dealership (WE ARE GOING TO VOID YOUR WHOLE WARRANTY) :swear:.

Either way, I was so upset that I just gave up and decided to deal with the crazy steering box. Then I found out the new 2021s came with the new steering box, so I decided to upgrade to JLU Rubicon.

I ended up removing the suspension from the JLU Sport and installing the same exact one on the new JLU Rubicon, and SURPRISE SURPRISE, my Steering Problems are completely gone, even though everyone I mentioned above blamed it on the Lift that I had.

Now with this experience, I know where not to take my Jeep for warranty work, and not to have high expectations from Jeep Wave, Mopar or @JeepCares . They are not your friends, as soon as they face a wall, they will give their back on you.
The modified TSB clearly states that the dealership WILL replace the steering box IN SPITE OF mods. Firkins in Bradenton is going to do mine in a few weeks, and they said they are totally fine with my JKS 4.5” lift, 33s, aftermarket heavy front bumper and winch. DO NOT GIVE UP!!!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I just saw this thread. Honestly folks do your research and read the VERY FINE print. We had one (same company and yes there are others out there but assume they are all alike) on my wife's Grand Cherokee and it was a joke. Many things are twisted and the dealers know exactly how to work with this company to ensure lots is not covered. They do a great job "marketing" an all inclusive no worries all is covered rest assured type of warranty and it is simply not the case at least from our one and only experience. I had no problem laying down a good chunk of money for a true extended worry free warranty, this was not.

Do as you see fit but all I can say is READ the entire contract word for word.

AuroraStanley

First Name
Aurora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys & a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja.
I bought a 2021 JLU Willys in October, after ordering in August. We bought the extended MOPAR warranty (insisted, really on the MOPAR warranty over their third party warranty) because our understanding from finance was that it was an extension of the Bumper to Bumper warranty... Is that not the case?

Also, to touch on what Obi.Wan.Shawnobi said... finance told us that use of any non-MOPAR parts, or installation of ANY parts (mopar or not) that were done by anyone other than a certified MOPAR tech would void the entire warranty. My understanding of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act was that addition/use of aftermarket parts would void the warranty only on the aftermarket parts and any factory parts that were damaged or negatively impacted by the aftermarket add-ons. I can't find anything about DIY/non-MOPAR install. Can you clarify?

Still hoping for some clarification...

Helloh2u

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I'm here to help answer questions about Mopar warranties, the ONLY manufacturer-backed Extended Warranty that you can purchase for a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram vehicle.

With that said, ask away Jeep heads!
I have a question regarding installing larger than OEM tires. My warranty paperwork states that "Repairs due to any alterations or modifications to the vehicles not approved or recommended by the manufacturer, including, but not limited to: ... (c) oversized/undersized tires; ..."

What size of tire would be considered "not approved or recommended"? And would simply installing larger tires (going from 285 to 315) be grounds for voiding my warranty?
Sponsored