Sponsored

Does Anyone Have Any Questions About Manufacturer Backed Extended Warranties?

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I'm here to help answer questions about Mopar warranties, the ONLY manufacturer-backed Extended Warranty that you can purchase for a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram vehicle.

With that said, ask away Jeep heads!
Sponsored

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hi Sam - can you purchase an extended warranty for a used Jeep still under original warranty?

Thanks - Eli

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe, Mustang Mach-E, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I'm here to help answer questions about Mopar warranties, the ONLY manufacturer-backed Extended Warranty that you can purchase for a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram vehicle.

With that said, ask away Jeep heads!
I appreciate you taking the time to answer some questions. I have a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited with the 2.0L turbo with eTorque, and have purchased a 7yr/100k Maximum Care warranty for it. Can you provide detail on the coverage for the eTorque system, including the 48V battery system and cooling for these components?

Thank you!

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Hi Sam - can you purchase an extended warranty for a used Jeep still under original warranty?

Thanks - Eli
Eli, you can indeed! It's actually going to be the cheapest to get a warranty when a vehicle is under 3 years old and has under 12,000 miles. Even if you have more than 12,000 miles you can still get a warranty, it's just going to cost a little bit more expensive. The popular belief is that if your vehicle is out of factory warranty you are ineligible, that is not the case, as long as you have below 70,000 miles on the vehicle you should still be able to find a plan that works for you!

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Eli, you can indeed! It's actually going to be the cheapest to get a warranty when a vehicle is under 3 years old and has under 12,000 miles. Even if you have more than 12,000 miles you can still get a warranty, it's just going to cost a little bit more expensive. The popular belief is that if your vehicle is out of factory warranty you are ineligible, that is not the case, as long as you have below 70,000 miles on the vehicle you should still be able to find a plan that works for you!
Thanks Sam!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I appreciate you taking the time to answer some questions. I have a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited with the 2.0L turbo with eTorque and have purchased a 7yr/100k Maximum Care warranty for it. Can you provide detail on the coverage for the eTorque system, including the 48V battery system and cooling for these components?

Thank you!
James, no problem! Now to answer your question;

The standard three-year/50,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty delivers bumper-to-bumper coverage for your vehicle from the body to the electrical system.

In addition, as part of the Basic Limited Warranty, the Federal Emission Warranty covers the following parts of the Jeep eTorque system for 7 years/70,000 miles, whichever comes first.

EGR Cooler — 2.0L and 3.6L engines
Fuel Tank Assembly — 2.0L and 3.6L engines
Transmission Control Module — 2.0L and 3.6L engines
Turbocharger — 2.0L engine

Because of the long-time Standard Warranties on Jeep's, the hybrid charging system, hybrid electric cooling system, and hybrid power invertor system and high voltage battery are NOT covered under any New or Used Mopar Vehicle Protection Service Plan. Several Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans do, however, offer extended mechanical and other electrical parts coverage for hybrid vehicles.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Are the numbers negotiable, when sitting down at the signing table? I have a new Jeep on the way and I'm sure the topic will come up during the paperwork phase.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I just purchased a 2021 Rubicon Diesel in October. Have been thinking about adding and extended warranty. Would I go directly through Mopar? Also, I've heard there are some components of the Diesel specifically not covered on the extended warranty. Is that correct?

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
Any chance at all that they will bring back the Lifetime Maxcare plan?

Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Obviously posting in a forum will bring up the question regarding warranty support for modified vehicles. I know some dealershis are really supportive but what is mopar's stance on modified vehicles?

I have an aluminum steering gear and it is sloppy. I don't want to play games at the dealership because my Wrangler is lifted.

I would like to get a lifetime warranty for my '18 but not if there are a ton of exclusions.

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I just purchased a 2021 Rubicon Diesel in October. Have been thinking about adding and extended warranty. Would I go directly through Mopar? Also, I've heard there are some components of the Diesel specifically not covered on the extended warranty. Is that correct?
Now I would suggest a Mopar warranty because it is the only manufacturer-backed warranty you can purchase, however going directly through Mopar might not be the best decision. The reason behind this is that Mopar is actually required by law to sell their warranties for full-blown MSRP. To avoid paying full retail and allowing yourself to save a few thousand dollars you're going to want to either go through a dealership (be careful), or through a third party company who is authorized to sell the extended warranties (such as ourselves).

To kind of get an idea of what is/isn't covered you can go here and take a look at that page, also click the Download PDF button to get a list of the 5,000+ covered components under the plan. You will find a specific section on that PDF detailing the Diesel engine in its entirety.

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Any chance at all that they will bring back the Lifetime Maxcare plan?
Now I can't tell you for sure, but I highly doubt it. The Lifetime plan was a great deal, but with a great deal for customers comes a profit loss for companies, I would assume this plan was removed in 2016 because Mopar just wasn't making enough money off it. I would love for it to come back though because they did sell very nicely!

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Obviously posting in a forum will bring up the question regarding warranty support for modified vehicles. I know some dealershis are really supportive but what is mopar's stance on modified vehicles?

I have an aluminum steering gear and it is sloppy. I don't want to play games at the dealership because my Wrangler is lifted.

I would like to get a lifetime warranty for my '18 but not if there are a ton of exclusions.
First off, the Lifetime warranty did go away in 2016, so a lifetime warranty through Mopar would be out of the question. Making modifications to your vehicle can void/make you ineligible for a warranty. If wishing to do modifications to the vehicle, such as a lift, one would have to get the lift done with Mopar certified parts, at a Mopar certified dealership. You can take a look at this, a brochure detailing lift kit coverage directly from Mopar.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Well not entirely true, the magnusson moss act protects the consumer's rights to having aftermarket products. It is however, up to how much resistance MOPAR is going to give you before you give up or they give in.

First off, the Lifetime warranty did go away in 2016, so a lifetime warranty through Mopar would be out of the question. Making modifications to your vehicle can void/make you ineligible for a warranty. If wishing to do modifications to the vehicle, such as a lift, one would have to get the lift done with Mopar certified parts, at a Mopar certified dealership. You can take a look at this, a brochure detailing lift kit coverage directly from Mopar.
Sponsored