Opinions on Hartop Headliner?

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Getting ready to order my JLU 80th Anniversary. Looking at the Hartop Headliner option. For sure it's expensive. Any one have experience with this? Worth it? Any issues?
Sponsored

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I drove around without a headliner for about 2 months. After doing some research online, I bought a Hotheads Headliner kit and it's been perfect. It makes the inside of the Jeep much cooler in the summer and my AC doesn't have to work as hard to maintain interior temps. It makes my music sound better and it seems to make the interior a bit more quiet from road noise, but it's not drastic.

kiese02

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I would suggest you buy a Hotheads Headliner. Great company to do business with and great quality product. I think they are better than the factory headliners.

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
I drove around without a headliner for about 2 months. After doing some research online, I bought a Hotheads Headliner kit and it's been perfect. It makes the inside of the Jeep much cooler in the summer and my AC doesn't have to work as hard to maintain interior temps. It makes my music sound better and it seems to make the interior a bit more quiet from road noise, but it's not drastic.
Sweet! How much was the Hotheads? Good to know (but not surprising) that there are aftermarket options if I skip the factory offer.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Skip the factory option. I did Hotheads only because I got a deal from someone here who bought them and then sold the Jeep. Look into Boom Mat instead. Way cheaper and a buddy has them and for the difference in price they are just as good. Order you up some Dynamat sound deadening. Lay that down and then do the Boom Mat.

Sponsored

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Sweet! How much was the Hotheads? Good to know (but not surprising) that there are aftermarket options if I skip the factory offer.
It was just under $500. They have sales here and there, or look for a discount code. They're also a forum sponsor, so you can hit them up here.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
+1 for Hotheads

I got the hotheads for my jeep the week after I bough it. Less than they'd charge for the factory version and that included the sound deadening strips and the pieces to go around the side windows of the hardtop, which the factory version does not have. Really high quality product and PERFECT fit. I was really impressed. My stereo did sound better after the install. Definitely made a difference in heat back in the summer.

kiese02

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
They just had a 10% off deal with free shipping. They run soecials from time to time. They are forum sponsor so you may reach out to them and see if they can still honor their sale. For a headliner set with the sound deadening strips it will cost around $500

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I’m actually looking into a headliner as well.

Anyone have opinions on Coverking?

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I suggest hot heads but when I get in a Jeep without a headliner I kinda miss the white and openness Jeep feel if that makes sense. Also I’ve seen some options that are thinner than hotheads and I kinda like the thinner look. Just make sure you do a good prep job prior to installing. I had to do part of mine twice. Also at times you’ll find liners for sale in the members area. That’s how I got mine and it was half the price and in perfect shape.

5BDEC91D-9323-4890-A95D-A43B0578A708.jpeg

Sponsored

kjb

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th anniversary Wrangler unlimited.
Might want to check when you order. I ordered a 80th anniversary unlimited with the hardtop and i didn’t want the headliner but it was mandatory even though you can configure It online without. Wouldn’t let the dealer remove it from the order. We tried three times and the headliner kept coming back on. Took delivery a few days ago and now that’s it on there I can move on to other mods.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I ordered the factory headliner for my JLR and very happy with it! The aftermarket ones are fine but I like the additional trim you get with the factory option-seems more 'finished' and OEM.
A headliner will make a difference when the Arizona sun is beating down on your hardtop...It will also help to make whatever sound system you choose sound better as well as minimizing noise reflecting from the hardtop towers your ears. Worthwhile investment!

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I’m actually looking into a headliner as well.

Anyone have opinions on Coverking?
I'm considering a coverking. I like the look a lot better than hot heads, but I don't think they do as much for heat/sound.

Not sure coverking can be installed with the hardtop still on though, since I don't have space to remove it and lay it down safely.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I'm considering a coverking. I like the look a lot better than hot heads, but I don't think they do as much for heat/sound.

Not sure coverking can be installed with the hardtop still on though, since I don't have space to remove it and lay it down safely.
thanks for the comment regarding installation. I didn’t realize theirs was as involved as it is. Makes sense, though, given the coverage.
Sponsored