Little things you discovered on your JL

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002
Thanks for finding this one. I read through 23 page before seeing this. Probably the the most stupid thing I've seen on any car.
Finally looked and found what the otherwise useless roller switch does, adjusts these very dim lights.

IMG_0347.JPG
Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
A
Thanks for finding this one. I read through 23 page before seeing this. Probably the the most stupid thing I've seen on any car.
this is seriously the most stupid thing you’ve seen on a car? Pretty much every car has them now.

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002
this is seriously the most stupid thing you’ve seen on a car? Pretty much every car has them now.
Yeah, I know, I have three vehicles with the lights. The Jeep lights in particular, are so dim they don't shine on anything even on a dark moonless night. Total waste of effort.

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
The roller adjusts all of the ambient lighting including the foot wells. As @Majestic said, almost every car has them.

Rickgwv

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
BS, I'd love to see someone here dunk their fob in water. The push button start and giant key fob are stupid, and people are already have problems with them. Definitely a disadvantage compared to a mechanical key.
Mine went through an entire washer cycle and well into high heat dryer cycle and it still works.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59098

Found a little hack on YouTube to ensure you’ll be able to unlock and start the vehicle if you lose your FOB. Modified the hack a little bit, but now I can rest assured I’ll get home.

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I was going to mention the heated seats and steering wheel coming on automatically.

This was something I was trying to figure out after just getting my Jeep last week. I noticed it was coming on sometimes and not others. Kept thinking maybe there was a setting or something. I did find that comfort setting you mention and it was checked to "all starts". But it wasn't coming on for all starts.

I did start to figure that it was only coming on when it recognized cold weather. And when the Jeep sits in my garage, sometimes the temp is 50 degrees or whatever when it might be 40 outside so wasn't automatically coming on. However, notice it coming on all the time when I leave work and Jeep was sitting outside in cold weather.

Wish there was a setting to just have it come on all the time if you'd like but still nice that it comes on automatically when it realizes it's cold out.

Yes, this is in the "comfort settings". I wish it was more configurable, like setting the temperature. The heated mirrors also come on, and if you have a hard top, the rear defroster. Bonus: if you left your wipers on -- because it was raining when you last parked -- they won't start wiping until you get in and press Start.

They're all nice features, coming from a Canadian... This morning in Montreal:

IMG_20181116_084448.jpg

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Pair of sandals. On passenger side cowl. Takes the right light to see them the first time.
The sandals are there as recognition to a guy named Rick Pewe. He apparently did a lot of consulting with Jeep on the JL.

Mr Pewe is Petersen's 4-Wheel & Off-Road Editor-In-Chief, and is a member of the Offroad Motorsports Hall of Fame. Mr Pewe is a pillar of the offroad community. When you see him on the trail, he is always in sandals.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I was going to mention the heated seats and steering wheel coming on automatically.

This was something I was trying to figure out after just getting my Jeep last week. I noticed it was coming on sometimes and not others. Kept thinking maybe there was a setting or something. I did find that comfort setting you mention and it was checked to "all starts". But it wasn't coming on for all starts.

I did start to figure that it was only coming on when it recognized cold weather. And when the Jeep sits in my garage, sometimes the temp is 50 degrees or whatever when it might be 40 outside so wasn't automatically coming on. However, notice it coming on all the time when I leave work and Jeep was sitting outside in cold weather.

Wish there was a setting to just have it come on all the time if you'd like but still nice that it comes on automatically when it realizes it's cold out.
I never knew that the jeep was temperature smart! Thanks for telling me!!! I love this feature.

Sponsored

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
I knew the heated seat and steering wheel came on when you remote start and the temp gets around 40° but didn't realize that the passenger heat does not come. Now my wife wants to drive all the time.

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I knew the heated seat and steering wheel came on when you remote start and the temp gets around 40° but didn't realize that the passenger heat does not come. Now my wife wants to drive all the time.
She'll have to get her own jeep.