First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
... I just want to see who on the forums is getting a 4xe first.
I ordered early, but pricing & delivery dates are still unknown. The best guestimate assumes a Feb delivery. "Show and tell" may be a bit early, I'm afraid.

In the mean time, I'm shopping for accessories and waiting on Mopar, MetalCloak, etc. to increase their lift kit spring rates to handle the extra weight of this model.
Sponsored

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Incorrect, The $7500 tax credit is just that, a tax credit. It is not a deduction on your taxable income. It reduces your tax liability by $7500, it does not reduce your tax by the difference in taxable income.

I was counting it as deduction also until Tesla set me straight. I confirmed with my CPA. And don’t forget state taxes. Here in CO, you get a $4000 state tax CREDiT until end of this year and it becomes $2000. Check for respective states.
yep. Thats right. It is a reduction of $7500 on the taxes you owe. Plus I just realized I might be eligible for an additional $1000 rebate from the state of California as well.

Last edited:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I ordered early, but pricing & delivery dates are still unknown. The best guestimate assumes a Feb delivery. "Show and tell" may be a bit early, I'm afraid.

In the mean time, I'm shopping for accessories and waiting on Mopar, MetalCloak, etc. to increase their lift kit spring rates to handle the extra weight of this model.
Yeah definitely too early for show and tell. I doubt with pricing and delivery unknown there will be very many orders pending. You're among the few. I suspect most will at least wait for pricing. I know you can bail on the order if the pricing isn't acceptable, but I doubt that will convince many to order ahead of time.

On a related note, since you mentioned the weight. I was wondering about that. Do we have any specs such as weight on these? On snowy roads weight is beneficial, but it can be a detriment off road depending on conditions. How much heavier is it?

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
... How much heavier is it?
From what I've seen, the 4xe JLUR is 5222Lbs. That's about 100Lbs heavier than the upcoming 392, and 770Lbs heavier than the 3.6L, manual tranny JLUR.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
770 extra pounds isn't terrible considering the extra torque from the electric motor. AT 5222 lbs it's not exactly a featherweight though is it?

Although it's probably a little more stable on snow covered road or hard packed trails. Not ideal for mud if you're in to that sort of thing (which I'm not).

Sponsored

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
I haven't ordered mine yet, waiting for pricing. In that same subject do you all know if the 4xe will qualify for the tread lightly discount?

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
Oh dang. It seems there’s not much interest in the 4xe. Is it not a popular option?
There are a lot of people who are quietly interested in the Wrangler 4XE. The negativity from many in the Jeep community have left a lot of people just being quiet about their interest in it. We just hit 800 members in the Wrangler 4XE Fans Group on Facebook last night.

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your forgetting the $7500 federal tax credit. If the premium for the 4xe is less than $7500, you bank all the savings from the reduced gas consumption. If the premium is only $6000. You already saved $1500. Living in CA with close to $3.00/gallon , the savings will add up pretty quickly.

My commute to work is around 35 miles each way. My employer provides charging stations at no cost. My Jeep renegade gets around 25mpg. That means every day I will use 2 gallons less gas by running the 4xe full electric to and from work for 50 miles. The 4xe electric range is 25 miles. At $3.00/gallon I save $6.00/day , $30/week or $1560/year. There is also increased mpg running in hybrid mode. it would be slightly less because I did not take into account the cost for electricity to charge it up at night at home. But is is relatively small cost and it is at off peak rates.
It would be an interesting experiment for you to see how it plays out. How much of your 35 miles is highway? Since EV range goes down at highway speeds, it would be interesting to see how your trips would pan out by just using the hybrid mode on the highway and the electric mode on the surface streets.

Like you said, that $7500 goes a long way. Forbes speculated $4,000, I am speculating more in the $4500 to $5500 range. Either way, we would still qualify for the full $7500 tax credit. So odds are, I'll come out a little under what a gas Sahara would run after the tax rebate.

Will you also qualify for a state incentive in California?

Sponsored

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't ordered mine yet, waiting for pricing. In that same subject do you all know if the 4xe will qualify for the tread lightly discount?
Someone in the Wrangler 4XE Fans Group on Facebook found where there's something about PHEVs not being included in the Tread Lightly discount. I can't confirm that.

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 4xe owner checking in! Ordered my Snazzberry Sahara on 11/6 and am eagerly awaiting her arrival. This will be my first Jeep, but my second PHEV.
I was seriously tempted by the Snazzberry. I went with the Granite.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
I put an order in on 11/6 the day they were able to order. So my hope is that I'm one of the early ones.
I think you will be one of the firsts, Chris. Share pricing when it’s availed to you. I have a feeling the folks with orders will find out before the GP. Congratulations!

DarwinW13

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Occupation
Bioinformatician
I ordered my Chief Blue 4xe Rubicon on 11/14. The dealer told me earlier in the week that they are hopeful for pricing info today. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored