DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is for wiring support for Baja Design's incredible LP series of lights or any of their others, as well. I've owned a set of BD Fuego lights for about a decade and now have a pair of LP6 lights. Their support is second to none.

If you have questions about the lights or wiring, this is now the place and the helpful folks @Baja Designs will help to solve any problems you may encounter!

Light it up! (Pun intended!)
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
good to hear that you re happy with the bd lights and they are holding up. i like there overall design and light output. the prices is a bit of a tough pill to swallow. i have no problem that bd is well worth the price. i just have a hard time spending that much on a set of lights. maybe some day i'll get one.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Appreciate this! We really are happy to be here, chatting with you guys, and working to improve your experiences. It has been awesome to watch our brand grow in this space and I am thankful for the support you guys have given us. Keep the questions coming. We are working on some of our harness pages in the coming weeks to try to better guide new enthusiast to the correct lights and wiring for their needs.

Can't do it without you guys!
:fist bump:

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
good to hear that you re happy with the bd lights and they are holding up. i like there overall design and light output. the prices is a bit of a tough pill to swallow. i have no problem that bd is well worth the price. i just have a hard time spending that much on a set of lights. maybe some day i'll get one.
Thanks for the feedback. We've worked hard over the years to offer high performance and reliability, at a more digestible price. Check out our Squadron Sport line and S1 series. They are super impressive and priced quite modestly. Happy to work out some good options to consider if you let me know your driving style and goals.

-CF

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@Baja Designs thanks for the promo code. is there a expiration date on this promo. i've been looking at your lights and i might get something later on. may towards christmas or after the new year. no definite plans yet. i'm looking in the area of the amber fog lights.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I've had many lights over the years, some good, some cheap. None last as long and the BD lights are rebuildable. And they back their stuff. They rebuilt my Fuegos free of charge and so well I couldn't tell the difference from brand new.

The LP6 lights put out as much light as a light bar. It is a ridiculous amount of light for the size of the units. Plus they have side shooting LED's, too.

I'm not normally one to go for premium stuff, but I've dorked around with enough cheaper lights to know the difference. And the difference is not just in the quality of the units and customer service, but in the level of light they put out, as well. I've seen nothing that compares that isn't pretty much equally expensive. These things are the real deal. They hurt my wallet, but I won't be spending any more money on lights, period.
BK3LAnH.jpg

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@DanW do you have any night pics of the lp6 (and other bd lights). i would like to see how well the light up the area. also where do you have them mounted.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW do you have any night pics of the lp6 (and other bd lights). i would like to see how well the light up the area. also where do you have them mounted.
No, but I'll try and get some in the next couple days. I put the JL away after a thorough wash and wax after off-roading this weekend. It snowed today and is crappy tomorrow, so I won't pull her out of the barn until probably Wednesday and I'll try and get some shots that evening. They are spectacularly bright and throw a great deal of light to the sides, too. In fact, if I didn't already have them, I would not have felt the need to put Rigid Side Shooter floods on the cowling. They enabled me to angle the Rigids even more to the side, allowing for some light to go even more rearward.

I'll mention one more HUGE advantage to the LP6s. When the factory LED headlights and fogs freeze over in heavy snow, (rare, but it has happened), they put off enough heat to melt anything that gets on them. That's when the low beams really come into play to save the day (really save the night).

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
No, but I'll try and get some in the next couple days. I put the JL away after a thorough wash and wax after off-roading this weekend. It snowed today and is crappy tomorrow, so I won't pull her out of the barn until probably Wednesday and I'll try and get some shots that evening. They are spectacularly bright and throw a great deal of light to the sides, too. In fact, if I didn't already have them, I would not have felt the need to put Rigid Side Shooter floods on the cowling. They enabled me to angle the Rigids even more to the side, allowing for some light to go even more rearward.

I'll mention one more HUGE advantage to the LP6s. When the factory LED headlights and fogs freeze over in heavy snow, (rare, but it has happened), they put off enough heat to melt anything that gets on them. That's when the low beams really come into play to save the day (really save the night).
no problem and no rush since, most likely wont hit the computer till the weekend. as for the advantage part. thats good to know. are you running the combo clear and amber setup. the pic looks like amber only. i'm thinking just getting the amber ones. maybe scale down to the lp4. i'm keeping my options open.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
no problem and no rush since, most likely wont hit the computer till the weekend. as for the advantage part. thats good to know. are you running the combo clear and amber setup. the pic looks like amber only. i'm thinking just getting the amber ones. maybe scale down to the lp4. i'm keeping my options open.
Mine are clear only with the amber backlight.

Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
@Baja Designs thanks for the promo code. is there a expiration date on this promo. i've been looking at your lights and i might get something later on. may towards christmas or after the new year. no definite plans yet. i'm looking in the area of the amber fog lights.
Hi, are you referring to the Forum discount promo code? No expiration on that one. Any other promo code you got from us usually lasts for over a year.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Buy once, cry once. I have the BD fogs and the BD LP6s on the a-pillar. I love them both. The backlighting on the LP6 is intoxicating. I’m not experienced at all at electrical wiring and I was scared to attempt the install alone and had my buddy mechanic on speed dial in case. But, with a few YouTube videos + BD’s PDF instructions and a few write ups on the forum here, I pulled it off without a hiccup on my own. The upfitter harness is worth its weight in gold if you have the OEM aux switches!
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 71B57567-3CE9-421A-85AB-09E33267ACD7

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Buy once, cry once. I have the BD fogs and the BD LP6s on the a-pillar. I love them both. The backlighting on the LP6 is intoxicating. I’m not experienced at all at electrical wiring and I was scared to attempt the install alone and had my buddy mechanic on speed dial in case. But, with a few YouTube videos + BD’s PDF instructions and a few write ups on the forum here, I pulled it off without a hiccup on my own. The upfitter harness is worth its weight in gold if you have the OEM aux switches!
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 71B57567-3CE9-421A-85AB-09E33267ACD7
How loud is the wind noise having such a large light on the cowls?

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
How loud is the wind noise having such a large light on the cowls?
I’ll have to let you know in a bit. I’ve had my doors and top off since install. However, even at highway speeds in the 70s, I haven’t heard any whistling or unique noise that seems different than just driving with doors and top off pre-install. It’ll be interesting to see if it’s more noticeable once the doors and top are back on.
Sponsored