Reprogramming JLU after lift & larger tires

MichaelB887

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I just ordered my 2.5in lift. I will soon be getting new wheels and 35’s. I will obviously want everything reprogrammed so it’s all in sync. I’m familiar with the tazar jl lite, mini, and the flashcal.
My question is that if I only want the basics reprogrammed (speedometer/gear ratios/TPMS) am I better off having a shop do it, or is getting one of those programmers better? Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I just ordered my 2.5in lift. I will soon be getting new wheels and 35’s. I will obviously want everything reprogrammed so it’s all in sync. I’m familiar with the tazar jl lite, mini, and the flashcal.
My question is that if I only want the basics reprogrammed (speedometer/gear ratios/TPMS) am I better off having a shop do it, or is getting one of those programmers better? Thanks everyone!
Get the tazer, you won't regret it.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
If you just want the basics, a local shop might be the more affordable option. I run the tazer just because I need to stay current on it, but my laptop can easily do tires, tpms and gear ratios

brett

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
One of the least talked about features of the tazer and I assume most other tuners, is the ability to do a full reboot on the electronics. These things are rolling computers and you can fix most electronic issues with a reboot.

1Placerville

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I got a Rough Country calibration unit. It works on the Jeep Jl and the Dodge 2018 Ram. It doesnt do much more than calibrate the odometer or another words no bells and whistles but half the price. First thing to know is if you have 35" tires you will find out they are really 34 1/4 depending on brand. The best thing to do is measure the tires then when you input the tire size use the measured size and not the bought size. I used my GPS for speed and checked it against my speedo. Took a few times to get it to be pretty close.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MichaelB887

MichaelB887

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Get the tazer, you won't regret it.
I’ve read you have to unmarry the tazar if u take it to the shop. What is the reason for this? Isn’t the Tazar allowing the Jeep to run how it should, or am I missing something

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You should not have to unmarry it. You should remove it. If they flash the computer you may lose your settings and have to re do them.

As a side note, I talked to Joe at Z Automotive about updating the tazer and if you need to unmarry it before the update and he told me no.

Also, Joe is very responsive, every time I had a question he responded promptly. You can text him.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I went Superchips Flashcal @ $200.
Worked flawless. I attempted the AEV snap and almost broke my obd port so decided not to force it and sell it. I also wanted the ability to adjust my lights and TPMS. I also get a discount if I were to update to another product offering from Superchips in the future like one of their tuners.

MarioC

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU RUBICON
I went Superchips Flashcal @ $200.
Worked flawless. I attempted the AEV snap and almost broke my obd port so decided not to force it and sell it. I also wanted the ability to adjust my lights and TPMS. I also get a discount if I were to update to another product offering from Superchips in the future like one of their tuners.
did you need a new PCM for this one ? my dealer is telling me i need a new PCM for the flashcal ??

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
did you need a new PCM for this one ? my dealer is telling me i need a new PCM for the flashcal ??
No need to pcm swap with my flashcal F5 handheld unit. Super chips does have a more expensive option (for the F5 handheld unit) that does more and can actually tune the Jeep not just program the Jeep but that requires a pcm swap. For a discounted price you can update. It’s all about what is programmed on your Super Chips handheld.

https://www.morris4x4center.com/superchips-flashcal-f5-handheld-programmer.html
Sponsored