First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Not really sure tbh. All I know is if you did the TS BOV mod on a Raptor without a tune, you'd get a similar code as the Jeeps get. I believe it might be assuming there's a leak somewhere since it is venting some of that air to the atmosphere, rather than fully recirculating. The GFB might not throw a code, but imo my CAI won't throw a hard code (shows on the dash), but if you go into the history it shows that one was thrown. I think the GFB will throw a code no matter what eventually, as it may be for a split second like my CAI code throws a lean code for a brief moment based off of a specific driving condition experienced. On my hellcat I used to have, I ported the stock throttle body & if you went 100% throttle & then immediately let off it'd throw a code for a brief second because the throttle body didn't close as fast as it did unported. These newer vehicles are very finicky & it's most likely a non-issue, but the computer will put it into limp mode & that's what becomes the issue. Also, my OCD doesn't allow me to ignore check engine lights very well.
I hear you on the tuning complexity these days. I canā€™t say that I feel 100% sure of anything other than factory tuning because Iā€™m picky. The last thing I tuned was a ā€˜13 Mustang and 4 different tuners, including different software/hardwareā€™s from reputable places and they couldnā€™t make it run well, to the point it was a mechanical liability, with only minor NA bolt-ons for a drag racing application. Took the tune out and it ran better engine and transmission-wise.

Perhaps with no bolt ons and modest power increase Iā€™ll try again after a few others try.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I hear you on the tuning complexity these days. I canā€™t say that I feel 100% sure of anything other than factory tuning because Iā€™m picky. The last thing I tuned was a ā€˜13 Mustang and 4 different tuners, including different software/hardwareā€™s and they couldnā€™t make it run well with only minor NA bolt-ons. Took the tune out and it ran better engine and transmission-wise.

Perhaps with no bolt ons and modest power increase Iā€™ll try again after a few others try.
Tbh, the peak gains are pretty minimal for the 2.0T Jeep it seems. It looks like itā€™ll pickup some good down low torque, but the only thing that interests me with this tune is better shifting & the ability to use a TS BOV so I can get that whoosh. šŸ˜‚ The Raptor gained over 100+ hp just from the tune, but now Iā€™m full bolt-on so the tune really shines further on it. The Jeep is pretty maxed out on boost as it sits stock, so I doubt much more can be done concerning max HP/TQ without hurting reliability/longevity, but the drivability & under the curve characteristics can most definitely see improvement as they mention. The JB4 turns me off because of the random issues I see people have with them & the piggyback thing just doesnā€™t sit well with me, so this may be the ticket. The only thing with this route is that Iā€™d recommend getting an unlocked PCM & keeping your stock PCM locked, which costs more obviously. I did this with a Diablo tuned SRT Jeep & was able to get warranty work performed still on the engine (cam & lifters). Iā€™ll wait a month or so before I bite on these tunes, but if others have success Iā€™ll most likely go this route over the JB4 route.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Tbh, the peak gains are pretty minimal for the 2.0T Jeep it seems. It looks like itā€™ll pickup some good down low torque, but the only thing that interests me with this tune is better shifting & the ability to use a TS BOV so I can get that whoosh. šŸ˜‚ The Raptor gained over 100+ hp just from the tune, but now Iā€™m full bolt-on so the tune really shines further on it. The Jeep is pretty maxed out on boost as it sits stock, so I doubt much more can be done concerning max HP/TQ without hurting reliability/longevity, but the drivability & under the curve characteristics can most definitely see improvement as they mention. The JB4 turns me off because of the random issues I see people have with them & the piggyback thing just doesnā€™t sit well with me, so this may be the ticket. The only thing with this route is that Iā€™d recommend getting an unlocked PCM & keeping your stock PCM locked, which costs more obviously. I did this with a Diablo tuned SRT Jeep & was able to get warranty work performed still on the engine (cam & lifters). Iā€™ll wait a month or so before I bite on these tunes, but if others have success Iā€™ll most likely go this route over the JB4 route.
I agree and these Alfaā€™s can get up there on the gains under the curve mostly. Itā€™s surprising. I own a Giulia too. I figure if I can get some power to offset additional weight from mods to the Jeep, Iā€™m good.

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine tonight, was pretty easy without any issues. Will see tomorrow if everything works as expected. I run 93 so will start with that flash and go from there. I'm just hoping the throttle is more predictable. Also hoping it's takes away the surging that happens sometimes in 4L.

If you want to keep your stock ECU it's $600. Also comes with a warning stating that even if you flash the unlocked ECU back to stock the dealer will to see an error code with their scanner. Believe I might hang on to my ECU but only because I have the e torque which is covered for 100,000 miles I believe. If didn't have that I would probably send it back.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ya it's not cheap especially if you want to keep your stock ECU. I would send my back if I didn't have E Torque.

So I have ran I to an issue where my cruise control will not work. Only tried the 93 tune so will try another and put an email with tech support.

Edit:. Pulled all the negative battery connections to reset everything and cruise seems to be working now.

Last edited:

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
Ya it's not cheap especially if you want to keep your stock ECU. I would send my back if I didn't have E Torque.

So I have ran I to an issue where my cruise control will not work. Only tried the 93 tune so will try another and put an email with tech support.

Edit:. Pulled all the negative battery connections to reset everything and cruise seems to be working now.
How is the drivability feel now compared to before the tune ? Noticable power gains?

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How is the drivability feel now compared to before the tune ? Noticable power gains?
So far I would say the drivability is much better. Don't seem to have that lag of hardly moving to half throttle feeling. Throttle feels more controllable. Does feel like you have a good bit more at lower RPMs. Sure it will take a few tank fills before before everything settles in. Maybe 1 MPG better but I'm using the 93 tune though. Will try to update again once I put more miles on it

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
So far I would say the drivability is much better. Don't seem to have that lag of hardly moving to half throttle feeling. Throttle feels more controllable. Does feel like you have a good bit more at lower RPMs. Sure it will take a few tank fills before before everything settles in. Maybe 1 MPG better but I'm using the 93 tune though. Will try to update again once I put more miles on it
Sounds good. Do you have the etorque model? Do you have any other bolt ons?

Sponsored

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good. Do you have the etorque model? Do you have any other bolt ons?
Yes I have the E Torque. Only other thing engine related I have is the borla touring climber exhaust.

SargeWiegand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe, 2020 Rubicon Recon
I removed the JB4 and the Pedal Commander and replaced with the flashpaq tune. In my opinion the increases were minimal anyway, but the acceleration is much smoother with the flashpaq. The lower rpms do seem to pick it up a bit better than stock as well. Overall I like it better than I did the JB4 setup.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I removed the JB4 and the Pedal Commander and replaced with the flashpaq tune. In my opinion the increases were minimal anyway, but the acceleration is much smoother with the flashpaq. The lower rpms do seem to pick it up a bit better than stock as well. Overall I like it better than I did the JB4 setup.
How would you describe the torque under 2k rpms vs stock?

SargeWiegand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe, 2020 Rubicon Recon
I went back and forth messing with the tune with 93 to nothing...Nothing changed that low. I do have other parts that I did not change back that may have affected that.
Sponsored