Sponsored

Speaker upgrade

• Thread starter Deleted member 59498
  • Start date
  • Watchers 10

Deleted member 59498

Anyone have recommendation for speaker upgrade of the roll bar speakers and top dash?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

Awesome thanks will check them out.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Scott.B

I just put a pair of Infinity 3032 cfx in my dash at $67 for pair two days ago and now they are selling for $45 a pair...
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R3032CM/Infinity-Reference-REF-3032cfx.html

So I just ordered another pair for the sound bar. Note Crutchfield web page says does not fit but my speaker and battery coach did this upgrade and just had to make new screw holes. By far 3032 or others 3.5 are better than the OEM Alpine Premium system speakers are.

Ok after talking to a few folks and google search have found to add the bass capacitor in series on the positive side (white wire) which came in the box and found them at the bottom... They are a base protector and I did so which sounds better... Some people reported a "power on or off" pop as reported. I think I heard it once but not again. I will accept the pop for great sound.

I'm leaving the 4" speaker in sound bar alone as it is mid range and no one has come up with and better idea that does not mean cutting up all the plastic. As for the Knee Speaker in the lower dash, I think they need to be replaced but it is a bear to do so per other as you have to take the whole dash apart. So doing reacher as what to replace it with or not as I control the sound levels with the sound settings.

I should also add I used my 12 yo G daughter with small hands to do screw removal and she put in some poly fill in the voids on the dash and will do same for the sound bar. It mades a great difference.

Hope this helps you and others.

Awesome thanks will check them out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

Yeah I just have the stock I believe, I have the lower end Rubicon. Thanks for taking time for the posts I appreciate it will check those out!

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

Interesting Crutchfield is throwing in the Metra wiring adapter for free with Infinity. 9.99 generally.

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Interesting Crutchfield is throwing in the Metra wiring adapter for free with Infinity. 9.99 generally.
Crutchfield will always throw in wiring adapters when you order speakers from them, I won't order audio anywhere else unless they don't carry what I need.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

Crutchfield will always throw in wiring adapters when you order speakers from them, I won't order audio anywhere else unless they don't carry what I need.
That is nice like to give the smaller companies business also, Crutchfield has been around since forever. Only problem is no Metra wiring adapters in stock.
Metra 72-7902 Speaker Wiring Adapters

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

Ops sorry for huge letters :)

I watched this video and no wonder sound is not that great look at that thing! Looks 20 years old would honestly think for 40+ thousand dollars they could add some nice speakers! :)

Can skip to 5:04 for comparison. Not the greatest camera work! and around 9:00 to see cheap kickers.

Sponsored

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Another reason I support Crutchfield is because in my experience their customer support is unmatched. On my last install I was having some DSP issues, and a rep was on the phone with me troubleshooting for over 2 hours. And they looked up diagrams and stuff for me for a component I didn't even buy from them. Then emailed me 2 days later to follow up and make sure I got everything squared away. You get that customer service for life on anything you buy from them.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Scott.B

I just put a pair of Infinity 3032 cfx in my dash at $67 for pair two days ago and now they are selling for $45 a pair...
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R3032CM/Infinity-Reference-REF-3032cfx.html

So I just ordered another pair for the sound bar. Note Crutchfield web page says does not fit but my speaker and battery coach did this upgrade and just had to make new screw holes. By far 3032 or others 3.5 are better than the OEM Alpine Premium system speakers are.

Ok after talking to a few folks and google search have found to add the bass capacitor in series on the positive side (white wire) which came in the box and found them at the bottom... They are a base protector and I did so which sounds better... Some people reported a "power on or off" pop as reported. I think I heard it once but not again. I will accept the pop for great sound.

I'm leaving the 4" speaker in sound bar alone as it is mid range and no one has come up with and better idea that does not mean cutting up all the plastic. As for the Knee Speaker in the lower dash, I think they need to be replaced but it is a bear to do so per other as you have to take the whole dash apart. So doing reacher as what to replace it with or not as I control the sound levels with the sound settings.

I should also add I used my 12 yo G daughter with small hands to do screw removal and she put in some poly fill in the voids on the dash and will do same for the sound bar. It mades a great difference.

Hope this helps you and others.
Do these infiniti speakers really work plug-and-play with the alpine premium sound system? I am asking because I have heard on the forum that the premium sound system completely shuts off any speaker that doesn’t give the exact correct resistance, or something along those lines.

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Do these infiniti speakers really work plug-and-play with the alpine premium sound system? I am asking because I have heard on the forum that the premium sound system completely shuts off any speaker that doesn’t give the exact correct resistance, or something along those lines.
I'll be doing mine tomorrow, as well as the knee speakers. Can report back then, but from information I've gathered it works fine with no resistors.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

I'll be doing mine tomorrow, as well as the knee speakers. Can report back then, but from information I've gathered it works fine with no resistors.

Oh those knee speakers seem to be a lot of work. Let us know how it goes and any gotchas you run into would like to replace those also without going to a audio shop. Biggest issue I have read is the dash ridge losing metal clips.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Oh those knee speakers seem to be a lot of work. Let us know how it goes and any gotchas you run into would like to replace those also without going to a audio shop. Biggest issue I have read is the dash ridge losing metal clips.
I am interested in changing those knee speakers in the future as well. Can you please elaborate what you mean by the “dash ridge losing metal clips?”
Sponsored