Sponsored

First Look: Sidetrack LED System for Wrangler JL!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
You can connect the amber lights to ignition power or a switch and run them whenever you wish :)
But I also want them to blink when signals are on. Kinda like our fender lights
Sponsored

Samwr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I have this hooked to the turn signal for the amber and the courtesy light for the white.
I have a LED strip installed on the rear window and often use it while sitting outside at the beach or near the sea front at night time.
The problem is, every time I open the tailgate there sidetracks also come one which makes sense but then they don’t go off. And now I can no longer sit at the back of my jeep without a butt load of LED light lighting up the area.
Any suggestions?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I have this hooked to the turn signal for the amber and the courtesy light for the white.
I have a LED strip installed on the rear window and often use it while sitting outside at the beach or near the sea front at night time.
The problem is, every time I open the tailgate there sidetracks also come one which makes sense but then they don’t go off. And now I can no longer sit at the back of my jeep without a butt load of LED light lighting up the area.
Any suggestions?
Take pictures and show us

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Any suggestions?
The Courtesy lights are going to turn on anytime you open the door, that is a part of the function of the sidetrack. If you do not wish to have it on that way you could wire the wire to a toggle switch, then it will only come on when you wish to turn it on.

Samwr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Take pictures and show us
This was before the install. After the install the sidetrack LEDs stays on as long as the back door is open.
But I figured out that if I turn the dial off for the dome lights all the way down it switches off the courtesy lights too. So that fixes the problem I had with them staying on with the door open.

48CD2A32-9183-4CC4-A835-7AA4B87F2DAA.jpeg

Sponsored

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu sport
Samwr, How did you do the lighted Jeep logo in the doors? Looks awesome!

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Customer photo with color matching option for the Sidetrack! Keep this part in the matte black finish or have this custom painted to match your Jeep!

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Sidetrack LED System for Wrangler JL! download

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep claims those side vents are functional. They appear to relieve high pressure inside the wheel well at speed, improving aerodynamics. Others think they may help slightly in dissipating heat from the engine compartment. Do these still allow for that, or do they completely seal off the vent?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep claims those side vents are functional. They appear to relieve high pressure inside the wheel well at speed, improving aerodynamics. Others think they may help slightly in dissipating heat from the engine compartment. Do these still allow for that, or do they completely seal off the vent?
The Sidetrack is contoured around the factory vent so it doesn't interfere with the functionality of it.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Sidetrack LED System for Wrangler JL! 5861-504_B_1024x1024

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
How do they hold up to the elements... I'm looking at getting them although with the $200 USD to CAD conversation I'd like to knowhow they hold up (sticky tape...and plastic) to the cold weather/snow/salt... and sun.. any fading etc?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I pulled the trigger!
Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Sidetrack LED System for Wrangler JL! 1606428831278

Figured at 170, it's only $85 per side to have cool ass turn signals and puddle lights